FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Aloha, South Hingham, MA (restaurant)
Aloha, South Hingham, MA (restaurant)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 12:52 pm   Permalink

Name:Aloha
Type:restaurant
Street:198 Whiting Street
City:South Hingham
State:MA
Zip:02043
Phone:(781) 749-6957

Description:
I couldn't find out how long Aloha was around. Tikibars mentioned that it had closed back in 2005. My internet research still showed the name attached to the same address and phone number, but those could be old listings. I checked, and the phone number is no longer in service. Googlemaps didn't have a street view, so I couldn't verify what the building looks like now.

Any of you Massachusetts folks know about this place or it's history?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 12:52 pm   Permalink

Here's my matchbook from Aloha.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 8:43 pm   Permalink

How did you find a matchbook, from a place in my backyard, that I've never heard of?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-05 10:30 pm   Permalink

Rick,

Your backyard! It was one town over from where I grew up. I think I was in there once or twice in the late 80's, but I really don't have any memories. I remember there were a few tikis in the entrance way, but that's about it.

It had a great location, not far off the highway, on the way to the beach and was open probably twenty years or so.

Cheers!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Trader
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-06 09:44 am   Permalink

This is what it looked like in 2004

There was a sign on the door indicating it had closed. My grandparents used to take me there in the 70's. I don't remember much about the interior, other than it being kind of dark, and some brightly painted flat tikis (or masks) on the walls.

TT

View Profile of Tonga Trader Send a personal message to Tonga Trader      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation