FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge What do you do for living? Besides living for the love of the Tiki?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
What do you do for living? Besides living for the love of the Tiki?
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 7:08 pm   Permalink

I'm all way's intrigued by the people I meet at art shows and just from going to Tiki events, By what people do for a living, Most of the time, Is Wow! I never would have guessed! There is a wide range of people from the well educated to the beach loving leasure life, That I have meet, But we are all " Ohana " And we all have the same passion which brings a very cool diverse group together. Post some pictures of what you do! For a living, And a brief description from start to what your doing today, So we all know what talent is here! I know we will all be Surprised, Don't be Shy! It's OK to boast here too!

I'll start first, Beside making home/hobbyist ceramic art, Out of high school I was a Union Plumber, Then Worked for Apple Computer on the Macintosh Development Team ( Engineering ) Then hated the inside job, Back to construction as a Union Master Sprinkler Fitter Local 669/709, I have a AA degree from Orange Coast Collage and a AA from Penn State in Fire technology, Today my job is to install fire pumps in all the new class "A" buildings built in So. Cal. All the BIG buildings, Pipe Art! Here is my latest masterpiece, Installed by me, The new Hollywood and Vine project:

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2009-06-13 20:59 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 8:25 pm   Permalink

Besides tiki, I'm a preofessional sleeper!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-13 8:32 pm   Permalink

GoTiki, what you do is way cooler than what I do. I work in EXCEL all day. Spreadsheets. I move millions of dollars everyday but there is nothing to take a picture of. I find it very unsatisfying. You can point to something you built and that functions and that has purpose. That has got to be an incredible feeling. You should be proud.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-13 10:20 pm   Permalink

I'm a stagehand. I do lighting, props, and pyro. The jobs vary, the only thing that stays the same is the all black wardrobe required.
Sometimes I live in a tour bus and travel around the world with shows like this

Sometimes I work closer to home with strange guys like this

And sometimes I just end up the butt of a prank backstage.

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 07:38 am   Permalink

I sell paper. Yes really. Like these guys:

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 08:10 am   Permalink

When I'm not working for the Department of Defense and CIA Counterintelligence, I work on my memoirs and tinker in the garage (Time Machine prototype). I also work 4 days a week as a Creative Director for a t-shirt company.... And i babysit BigToe there!

he got a "time-out" last week!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 09:31 am   Permalink

No pictures here either, but when I'm not inhaling bone dust or rubbing palm shavings out of my eyes, I do a good job of impersonating a mechanical designer. I've been an R&D/Product Development designer/manager for things like hydraulic wheelchair lifts in vans and trains, disposable insulin pumps, and solid propellant rocket thrusters for Future Combat Systems programs. Ken won't let me join the CIA.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 10:36 am   Permalink

THOSE solid propellant rocket thrusters for Future Combat Systems programs
MAY JUST BE THE TICKET for your CIA membership!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 12:34 pm   Permalink

Edited because I don't want the mob after me.

[ This Message was edited by: Lucas Vigor 2009-06-22 08:33 ]

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 1:50 pm   Permalink

and i thought lucas worked for the Tobacco industry....

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-15 1:54 pm   Permalink

I like this thread, you see all these people online and wonder what they do in their "off-tiki" hours.

For 28 years I've been a Respiratory Therapist or snot-sucker in a small rural hospital. We work with everyone from premature newborns thru old folks on life support. I used to think that I saved lives, now I'm thinking that I just prolong death

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 3:18 pm   Permalink

I do stuff with video cameras like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhQ8HzT37vU
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_KvmepXg3E
and work on tv stuff for myself and friends production company in Brooklyn NY- IDOLMAKERFILMS
www.idolmakerfilms.com

sign by Lake -
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32124&forum=18&hilite=idolmaker

please to be injoyed!

Need anything shot? - we travel the world!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 4:20 pm   Permalink

"...You see all these people online and wonder what they do in their "off-tiki" hours."

No, I don't.

I'd rather not think of any of you as living breathing beings occupying three dimensions. Just like I do not want to know the inner thoughts of all the strangers I walk past in the real world.
I find it disturbing and creepy.

It also gets in the way of what I have to do for for my job...Something I won't go into in except to say I have fairly good job security cuz the people in Liloti's branch are friggin morons.

My official job is, and always has been, on my profile. I am completely open when totally lying to your face.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 4:52 pm   Permalink

Kinny, don't forget to work on Li'l Blue's shrink ray while you're at it. She asked me how it's coming along.
As for me - well, I put ink on that paper that Jason sells. Brochures, direct mail, literature, bilboards, advertisements, trade show crap. Need greeting cards made? Need prints of your artwork? I got connections, man. They call it Production Management in the graphics and advertising world. I call it "Producing Landfill Material". Then I go home and play with vintage patterns and draw cute purses and clothes and make new patterns and sew! Yay!

I used to be in the CIA, but I decided to retired early after a particularly exhausting mission this past weekend that took me into the depths of an Orange County dive bar where an Elvis impersonator sang for 5 hours straight. HOT DAMN!

Retro Modern Wahine......Kiki von Tiki on etsy

[ This Message was edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-06-15 16:56 ]

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-15 6:15 pm   Permalink

SneakyJack, how do you make a living posting YouTube videos? I posted a vid and I never got a single check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLR0kuTY4BE

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation