FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Joe's Ocean CD Release Party-Seattle-Saturday June 27th 5pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Joe's Ocean CD Release Party-Seattle-Saturday June 27th 5pm
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-20 10:30 am   Permalink

Thanks Lake! Hope your Summer will soon replace your non-existent Spring! Can't wait to see you at Oasis, too~
Ravenne~ Wish you were here too. If you start hitchhiking now....
Thanks Jim- Watch out for low flying boats.
Kinny~Love the quartet of pooches. Mahalo~
Palapala- see you then!

SONGS from the CD are now uploaded to the website. Check it out and see what you're in store for next Saturday~

http://tikijoesocean.com/

CHEERS

Andy/Tiki Joe's Ocean

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-20 10:58 pm   Permalink

Just had a listen!
I love this stuff! Just the kind of thing I play when I'm doing my ceramic work... get's the creative juicies flowing..Have you sent your music to Digitiki, for his podcast, "the quiet village"?

[ This Message was edited by: palapala 2009-06-20 22:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: palapala 2009-06-20 23:00 ]

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 2:42 pm   Permalink

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 4:33 pm   Permalink

OWWWW,LLT!
I think I just busted a "'roid " laughing at your poster!
now I'll have to dance on Saturday 'cause I can't sit down without a blow-up doughnut!

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 08:15 am   Permalink

Thankees!
Andy has produced one GEM of a CD!
EVERYONE should be makin flyers
and Shoutin out loud for Tiki Joe's Ocean!
I only wish i could fly up there
and share the MAGIC!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-25 11:23 am   Permalink

Thanks so much, Palapala and yes, I'm in communicado with Mark (Digitiki) as well as a few other people on the promotion front. Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday~

KEN RUZIC~ You make geriatric ailments fun! You're just the king of the flyers, man. Thanks for the nice words and we surely wish you could be up here for the shindig, too.

54 hours to go...see ya then everybody~

Andy/Tiki Joe's Ocean
EXOTICA CD ON SALE NOW!
http://tikijoesocean.com

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-27 12:02 pm   Permalink

Hula Hula's new manager Jim just called to inform me that Phil "the man" will be slinging drinks for us tonight. Phil is a top shelf pourer so we're all in good hands.

Looks like we'll have a nice mix of Tikifiles and non/outside world friends.

We'll see you all in about 5 hours!

CHEERS!

Andy/Tiki Joe's Ocean

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-27 12:29 pm   Permalink

Have fun tonight Andy and congrats on the release of the new CD.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 1:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the congrats, Grog!

Man oh man, that was a blast last night. THANK YOU to everyone who came out to Hula Hula to enjoy the sunny late afternoon and soak up the Exotica. Sales were way bigger than I expected, so a huge MAHALO for supporting the CD like that.

To the Seattle area Ohana, especially Sweetpea, Peter (Monkeyskull), Ray, Elicia & Frank/Todd, Palapala (thanks for the sweet mug!) & Lopaka- your enthusiasm converted a BUNCH of non-tikifiles last night! Thanks too for the calls for a 2nd encore playing of the disc- that was a kick!

Kinny~ You got many compliments & guffaws on the flyers that were strewn around the place. Thanks again for those.

& Tiki tOny- you were missed last night, but your art for the CD was well loved. Thank YOU again.

Hula Hula's manager Taylor and bartender Phil "the man" really came through for us. I felt the place go up a notch, for sure.

And to the Seattle area musicians who shocked the hell out of me by showing up and spreading the love - big thanks. Hope you're now registered TC members!

SO happy you all dug the CD. I hope you continue to for a long time. Your kind words throughout the playings really knocked me out. So from my heart & my bamboo skin...

MAHALO~!

-Andy/Tiki Joe's Ocean

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 08:05 am   Permalink

Got mine in the mail on Saturday
and have been switching between that and the Monks all weekend!

love that xylophone solo !
Your CD evokes sooooooooo many different styles....
There's even a riff in there that gives Isaac Hayes a friendly nod!
beautiful vocals as well..

the songs get even better the more you play 'em!

Faaaaaaaaar better than that Teriyaki CD!

Battle of the bands next Oasis?

(this message has been brought to you by the Bribe a Rube foundation)

just jokin Jim!
i am amazed by all this West Coast talent!
Exotica lives HERE!

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 11:17 am   Permalink

Thanks Ken!
Yeah, that solo in "Sacred Island" was fun to do. Glad you liked the Hammond organ riff, too. You nailed it- I was thinking Billy Preston/Jimmy Smith/Isaac Hayes on that one. The vocals was by a much heralded singer here in the Northwest named Samia Panni, who is well known for her work with Brazilian artists. All fun stuff.

Battle of the bands! But can Squid perform in two bands at once? Hell, I'd want to recruit the whole Tikiyaki O ! Let's will it into 2010~

Mahalo again, Kinny~

Andy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation