FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Bamboo Ben Pool Party!!! 7/19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Bamboo Ben Pool Party!!! 7/19
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 21, 2009
Posts: 208
From: Los Angeles CA.
Posted: 2009-07-13 3:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-12 18:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
Kevin "tiki bong" Bullet on Slide and sarcasim....

Jim Bacchi-Yaki on Bongos and possibly Big Drum...

Squid on New Drum???

Crazy Al on Coco Nuts and Vocals and Life Guard Chair...

.. a few Guest Artists..

Pool??

Bring a chair

Bring your suit

Bring SUN SCREEN!!!

Bring muR ?

(just like the nooner but a wee bit smaller)

...more soon...

1-ish to sunset-ish





Um, what exactly is "muR" ?
- Rosered

[ This Message was edited by: RoseRed 2009-07-13 15:28 ]


 
View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 12, 2002
Posts: 7418
From: Huntikington Beach
Posted: 2009-07-13 6:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-13 15:27, RoseRed wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-07-12 18:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
Kevin "tiki bong" Bullet on Slide and sarcasim....

Jim Bacchi-Yaki on Bongos and possibly Big Drum...

Squid on New Drum???

Crazy Al on Coco Nuts and Vocals and Life Guard Chair...

.. a few Guest Artists..

Pool??

Bring a chair

Bring your suit

Bring SUN SCREEN!!!

Bring muR ?

(just like the nooner but a wee bit smaller)

...more soon...

1-ish to sunset-ish





Um, what exactly is "muR" ?
- Rosered

[ This Message was edited by: RoseRed 2009-07-13 15:28 ]



Rose, write muR on a pad and look in the mirror.

p.s. not sure if we'll have many other Artists.

Seems everyone is gearing up for Oasis and don't want to sell anything before.

(Seems odd to me)

Crazy Al said he'll bring some stuff.

Maybe we'll re-name it to, Crazy Al Tiki Day part 2 and Pool Party @ Bamboo Ben

( a few moons ago we had Crazy Al Tiki Day @ the BB hut. Anyone remember that?)
_________________


Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben


 
View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 21, 2009
Posts: 208
From: Los Angeles CA.
Posted: 2009-07-14 4:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-13 18:31, RevBambooBen wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-07-13 15:27, RoseRed wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-07-12 18:20, RevBambooBen wrote:
Kevin "tiki bong" Bullet on Slide and sarcasim....

Jim Bacchi-Yaki on Bongos and possibly Big Drum...

Squid on New Drum???

Crazy Al on Coco Nuts and Vocals and Life Guard Chair...

.. a few Guest Artists..

Pool??

Bring a chair

Bring your suit

Bring SUN SCREEN!!!

Bring muR ?

(just like the nooner but a wee bit smaller)

...more soon...

1-ish to sunset-ish





Um, what exactly is "muR" ?
- Rosered

[ This Message was edited by: RoseRed 2009-07-13 15:28 ]



Rose, write muR on a pad and look in the mirror.

p.s. not sure if we'll have many other Artists.

Seems everyone is gearing up for Oasis and don't want to sell anything before.

(Seems odd to me)

Crazy Al said he'll bring some stuff.

Maybe we'll re-name it to, Crazy Al Tiki Day part 2 and Pool Party @ Bamboo Ben

( a few moons ago we had Crazy Al Tiki Day @ the BB hut. Anyone remember that?)



DUH!!! Okay will bring "mUr"
Also, It could be a lot of the artists will be at the Tiki Ray and Lil' Wahines "Polynesian Pin-Up and Tiki Treasures" at the Bahooka July 25th so they may be gearing up for that -as well as T.O.


 
View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 12, 2002
Posts: 7418
From: Huntikington Beach
Posted: 2009-07-14 9:34 pm   Permalink

So....

It's turned into more of a party than a selling gig.

( of course we'll have stuff for sale if anyone likes anything

Here's a couple of Lifeguard Chairs I roughed out today.



1 is (seat) 3' tall and 1 (seat) is 5' tall.

They'll be all Bamboo Ben'd Out soon.

We'll also have a privacy fence surrounding the front of the shop
to keep out the loony tunes that walk the street.

Park where you can then enter around the back of the fence.
( towards the back of the lot)

Anyone have a megaphone?


_________________


Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben


 
View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 12, 2002
Posts: 7418
From: Huntikington Beach
Posted: 2009-07-16 8:49 pm   Permalink



Lifeguard Chairs almost complete.

( one more thatched roof for the tall one and we're good to go!)
_________________


Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben


 
View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Joined: Jul 11, 2006
Posts: 716
From: SoCal
Posted: 2009-07-17 01:28 am   Permalink

Nice!

Love that tall one.


 
View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 7551
From: Orange,CA-right near the Circle!
Posted: 2009-07-17 09:45 am   Permalink


I didn't know Lily Tomlin was such a Big Inspiration in your life,ben...



She soooo needs that big chair by her pool!




 
View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Apr 21, 2009
Posts: 208
From: Los Angeles CA.
Posted: 2009-07-17 4:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-16 20:49, RevBambooBen wrote:


Lifeguard Chairs almost complete.

( one more thatched roof for the tall one and we're good to go!)




WOW!!! If I had a pool (or even a deck/patio) I'd buy one fo sho!!!


 
View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Posts: 71
From: Long Beach
Posted: 2009-07-18 11:22 am   Permalink

Damn....wish I had more notice or I would go....I have "mUR" too!!!!

 
View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 21, 2006
Posts: 119
From: North Shore, O'ahu, to OC, Cali.
Posted: 2009-07-18 4:39 pm   Permalink

YAY for muR!

 
View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 12, 2006
Posts: 7551
From: Orange,CA-right near the Circle!
Posted: 2009-07-19 09:02 am   Permalink

BUMP-SPLAAAASH!

Yay for Ben's Pool Party!

Yay for cannonballs!



Boo! to Corporations for not letting us have any fun
unless there's great logo placement in the shot!

Get out of our fun,Trident!

Go have your own fun,stupid gum hawkers!

We don't need your silly product to have fun!


 
View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 25, 2002
Posts: 1838
From: CA
Posted: 2009-07-19 10:21 am   Permalink

More Lotion please! Sun is out! Ben should have made giant pancake flippers to toss lobster fritters from parking space to parking space instead of chairs... bring yo best Water blaster... wear eye protection, don't need any eyes poked out

 
View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Feb 08, 2009
Posts: 149
From: Huntington Beach
Posted: 2009-07-19 10:12 pm   Permalink

That was fun!

 
View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 21, 2006
Posts: 119
From: North Shore, O'ahu, to OC, Cali.
Posted: 2009-07-19 10:34 pm   Permalink

As always Rev. and Mrs. Bamboo, you're both the hosts with the mosts. Thanks for such a fun day! Loved watching the "kids" play in the pool so much, that I really did convince the hub to stop at Target on the way home and get one. No, really. I'm not kidding. Fun at the Boo's and a new pool....best day EVAH!

Oh..and YAY muR!

Mahalo big time, Pua



 
View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jan 12, 2005
Posts: 379
From: Garden Grove, CA
Posted: 2009-07-19 10:41 pm   Permalink

Ben & Vicky-
Thanks for the horse brutality.

Good Tymes!!!


 
View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation