||Room Crawl - Updated on Pg. 1 Tiki Oasis 9 Surf City... Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees
|Shell in the Pacific|
Joined: Mar 24, 2002
From: Point Loma, San Diego
|Posted: 2009-06-20 10:23 am  Permalink|
Print Your Crawl Card. See Page 14 of this thread. A million thanks to Dr. Shocker!
Room Hosts 2009
1. Tiki Underground Suite Tai Won On, Tiki Tastic, KuKu, Martiki, Rum Runner, Kim the Canuck (Fri. & Sat. PM after party?)Floor 7
3. Jason Wickedly & Tiki Duday (Friday Afternoon?)
4. Congawa Performing Live: Ding Dong Devils Friday 3:00-4:00 8th Floor & Sat. afternoon?
5. Rumshaker w/ Thee Swank Bastards & Ms Szandora
6. Queen Kamehameha The Lemoncello Lounge w/ bartender Hiphipahula (Floor 5) Room 1503 Martini Kings Performing Friday and Saturday Night
7. PiPhi Rho (?)
8. Kahuna Kent & Professor Voodoo Von Tiki Room 1539 end of the hall 5th floor Friday 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
9. The Morbid Room w/Trader Tom and John Corbid Friday 10:30 PM - 2:00 AM room 1537
10. Loco Honu & Moana Kai Maestra Motel 6 Friday Evening
11. Iniquitiki Rum Tasting Friday 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Room 1749
12. Cult of the Eye Vice Squad Pele Utu Lounge Suite 1803
13. The Snake Pit Early Sat. Eve.
14. Purple Orchid Thurs. 5:00 Ginger Bimbo
15. Zen Tiki Lounge 10-Midnight Fri. & Sat.?
Crawler Count as of 810/09 = 307
I will be handing out cards along with Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye, WooHoo Wahine, Little Spirit and Rocket Gin as of Thursday Evening at the Bali Hai.
The first 100 crawlers to find me will receive a free plastic protector for their crawl cards!
See you there!
Shell in the Pacific
It's about that time, Folks! (Time to start thinking about the 2009 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)
"What is a Room Crawl?", you ask. Read on my friend to learn more!
So, who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing their hospitality and mixology skills!
As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)
Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.
I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!
I have borrowed some of the information that I written in previous year's posts, and I am including it here. (FYI)
A room host is a person or persons who would like to set up a "bar" in their hotel room and serve drinks to "crawlers". At Oasis 2005, when we first developed the Room Crawl, we had about 12 different rooms/hosts who opened their room to TC members for about 2 hours or so and served their specialty libation. This was a chance for people to show off their creativity and mixologist skills.
Crawlers are the people who hold a "Frequent Crawler Card", or whatever we decide to call it. Crawlers visit the Hosts rooms at times specified by the Hosts and partake in the "House" drink and share in the fun. Most Room Hosts accepted donations of rum, mixers, ice, etc. and/or tips. Room crawlers attempt to visit each of the rooms listed on the Room Crawl Card. Then they keep the card as a souvenir.
2005 was the first time we did this in any organized/ unorganized fashion, and we really had a blast. The Hosts were amazingly talented and wonderful alchemists and the Crawlers all had fun meeting new people and trying new drinks.
Other previous post info:
1. Otto is only sponsoring the Room Crawl by donating prizes. The room crawl will not be mentioned/ promoted in any of his literature or e-mails.
2. The only way to find out about the room crawl is on this TC thread. Non TC people will not know about the room crawl unless they are tipped off by TC people.
3. Bottom line, Room Hosts will only serve as many drinks as they wish, to whom they wish (card or no card). Remember it is their party, their room, their decision.
4. The Crawl Card is like your free ticket to participate in the room crawl. In 2006 I handed out at least 100 cards, In 2007 154 people expressed the desire to crawl, last year there were over 200 that responded to this thread. In the past I was able to post the card design on TC for crawlers to print out before attending the event, but some people had technical difficulty with the printing. So, I bring a bunch of cards equal to the number of people that post indicating that they wish to crawl. Keep monitoring this thread for more information. Dr. Shocker of the Cult of the Eye has generously and artfully designed the crawl cards for the last two years! Without his support, there would not have been crawl cards! Muchos Mahahols to the good doctor!
5. As soon as Room Hosts choose the days and times they wish to serve drinks, I will post that information on this thread. Keep checking the thread up until you arrive at the hotel for the latest information on dates and times. This thread is your official link to information about dates and times.
6. I plan to be at Tiki Oasis from Thursday afternoon until Sunday afternoon. I see it as my responsibility to distribute the crawl cards to everyone I see that has expressed an interest in the crawl.
7. As the event gets closer I will choose a few places and times to meet with you so you can get your crawl card. That information will be posted on this thread as the event nears.
8. In years past clever room hosts have posted their room number and time for serving on a flyer in the elevators. This was smart since everyone was using the elevators to get to the rooms, so the flyer was hard to miss.
10. In the past Dr. Shocker and I have printed up name badges for the Room Hosts to wear, identifying themselves as Room Hosts. Look for people wearing these badges. A few room hosts have handed out small cards that they designed themselves indicating their room number, day and time they will be pouring drinks. Other Room Hosts have posted signs on their doors indicating when they will be serving. Room Hosts want to get the word out that they are serving drinks. Nobody wants to go to the trouble of purchasing lots of ingredients, turning their room into a bar, and then have no one show up for their party.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please post them on this thread, or PM me or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...Worshiping Tiki on Your Hands and Knees!
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-06-23 15:22 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-06-30 12:53 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-07-15 18:17 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-07-18 15:13 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-07-28 16:42 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-02 15:00 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-04 11:38 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-07 16:34 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2009-08-10 15:42 ]
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: Mar 04, 2005
From: Mission (Impossible) Viejo, Ca
|Posted: 2009-06-20 10:39 am  Permalink|
WoooHooo! Please add SoccerTiki and I to the crawl list
|Tai Won On|
Joined: Aug 20, 2007
From: San Jose Island
|Posted: 2009-06-20 10:45 am  Permalink|
I will be crawling and if history is any indicator, I mean that literally. We will also be hosting but I don't have enough details yet to announce our plan.
Joined: Aug 04, 2006
From: Surf's Up, Los Angeles!
|Posted: 2009-06-20 2:55 pm  Permalink|
I will be crawling AND (more than likely) hosting again on Saturday night. More details to come, but put me on the list, oh lovely Shell!
Joined: Aug 20, 2007
From: Back in MA - and missing the tiki of CA
|Posted: 2009-06-20 3:35 pm  Permalink|
Good ol' room crawl. Put me and friend down for crawling, and crawl we shall
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: Nov 11, 2008
From: Northridge Ca
|Posted: 2009-06-20 4:22 pm  Permalink|
Yes, we will be crawling... a lot. I just bought a new pair of knee pads just for the occasion.
Rumshaker's room is gunna be the place to be again this year!!!
[ This Message was edited by: Tuna Tiki 2009-06-20 16:23 ]
|Brenda's Tiki Hut|
Joined: May 02, 2006
|Posted: 2009-06-20 4:34 pm  Permalink|
Count me in for crawling. Thanks Shell!
Joined: Mar 23, 2007
From: Blue Lory Lounge, NJ
|Posted: 2009-06-20 5:59 pm  Permalink|
Tabuzak and I will be crawling again!
Aloha and looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
From: way out there
|Posted: 2009-06-20 7:38 pm  Permalink|
Yes, we will be crawling. Currently stocking up on rums and mixers in appreciation of the hosts.
teresa and tim
Joined: Mar 12, 2006
From: NoHo, a Stone's throw from the Hut, CA
|Posted: 2009-06-20 9:14 pm  Permalink|
I would like to join the crawling list!
Grand Member (first year)
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
From: Home of the best rum collection in NC
|Posted: 2009-06-20 9:25 pm  Permalink|
Please put me on the list to crawl.
|Beach Bum Scott|
Joined: Oct 28, 2008
From: The Ranch in CO
|Posted: 2009-06-20 9:38 pm  Permalink|
If you would please add myself and Tiki Tammy (my other half) to the crawl list.
This will be our first Tiki Oasis, sadly we are not staying at the hotel hopefully next year we can Host!
Joined: May 06, 2007
From: Palm Springs
|Posted: 2009-06-21 07:53 am  Permalink|
Yes, yes, and yes. The boy, id, and super ego all will be crawling.
|Kiki von Tiki|
Joined: Mar 01, 2008
From: Irvine, CA
|Posted: 2009-06-21 09:02 am  Permalink|
I want to be on the list. I think. I'm pretty sure I can handle it!
Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!
Joined: May 07, 2008
From: Portland, OR
|Posted: 2009-06-21 10:18 am  Permalink|
AceyTiki and I will be crawling together! Please add us to the crawl list.
[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kupcake 2009-06-21 10:18 ]