FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » JUNE 27th Tikiyaki Orchestra CD Listening party - Details page 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
JUNE 27th Tikiyaki Orchestra CD Listening party - Details page 2
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 5:17 pm   Permalink

To me, it does not really matter where this band plays. I feel they bring the spirit of Tiki wherever they go. This band could set up and play in a "bed, Bath and Beyond" store and it would still be awesome!

The only good thing about any of this is that I will probably now be able to go, because June 27 was out for me, anyway!

But, wouldn't it be excellent if they had the Jungle jetset party here?:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=30585&forum=1&hilite=my first attempt

Truly, if you saw this place in person like I have, you would realize it is perfect for the tikiyaki orchestra!

It even has a makeshift jungle landing strip, (which I am sure Marty Lush has some experience with.....hmmmmm?)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 5:35 pm   Permalink

We went to Don's last night and also for Fathers Day brunch this morning. At brunch, to make up for not having the Polynesian show, Andre the manager handed out a Tiki mug to all the dads (Benzart's "Vicious" with a DtB stamp...when are the rum barrels and the Don's head mug coming?!) So, no shows either visit but I got a free mug. And of course Marie took care of us Saturday night...she makes the best Zombie! Looking forward to the rescheduled flight...should have known not to trust an upstart airline these days!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-21 9:19 pm   Permalink

What a real drag .I look forward to an update .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
conchchowder
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-22 07:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-21 14:17, kirby wrote:
What a tragedy.... Next time hire captain Sully

View Profile of conchchowder Send a personal message to conchchowder      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 08:22 am   Permalink

i heard there will still be a parade on Saturday night at Dons!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 09:06 am   Permalink

Well that is bad news. I am sorry for you all, after such a well thought out and executed promo! Looking forward to the announcement of the new date for the spectacular event!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 10:00 am   Permalink

This is the only problem with Sam's/Kona/Don the Beachcomber. Those back walls are THIN! And you can hear every note of any band that is playing in the hidden village or the adjacent room. You can hear it well from outside. The condos in the back, I don't think they were there before, obviously, but the residents don't like music, or Tiki...!! They would definately call the police and have the whole Tikiyaki Orchestra hauled away in a paddy wagon!! (Like last time)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-22 10:34 am   Permalink

Commuter flight at the Tonga Hut..... hmmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32533&forum=17&start=75&88

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Lula
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-22 12:54 pm   Permalink

Oh! Waaaah!
I was so looking forward to it.

View Profile of Hula Lula Send a personal message to Hula Lula  Goto the website of Hula Lula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marty Lush
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-22 12:59 pm   Permalink

This is your Captain Speaking:

Now that I am out of house arrest, I want to thank everyone who helped to bail me out. I swear, I never laid a hand on that stewardess. Since, as a condition of my release, I am temperarlity barred from flaying the 747, I am flaying out of our commuter terminal (the Tonga Hut Terminal at North Hollywood International Airport).

Join me on June 27th (Same night as the original flight) for a night of drunken high-flying fun!!

Visit the event thread for all the details:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32533&forum=17&88

View Profile of Marty Lush Send a personal message to Marty Lush  Email Marty Lush     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 2:57 pm   Permalink

Ain't that a kick in the head! When does Dons expect to have the entertainment license? It broke my heart to tell Mrs. Mongo this morning that the flight was cancelled, im pretty sure she was holding back tears. I had so many cool visions of how the night would have gone down, knowing the real event would have exceeded them all!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-22 12:59, Marty Lush wrote:
I am temperarlity barred from flaying the 747...

"Flaying the 747", eh? Is that 'pilot-speak' for something naughty?

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 3:23 pm   Permalink

bummer, was really looking forward to this, since I missed them at the Mayflower and at Ben's nooner.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 3:25 pm   Permalink

Captain Lush is visiting his parole officer so he asked me to post all the info here:

TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS FREE COMMUTER FLIGHT!

Tonga Hut, North Hollywood
8:00 PM...not 7:00

The Tikiyaki Eggroll Co will be providing their famous deep-fried, in-flight delights!

9:00 CD listening!

We'll be there to sign CDs!

DJ Lush spinning exotikitsch, lounge, and wacky sounds from Tikiyaki Airways international routes!

Guest bartenders include: Captain Lush and El Maestro Tikiyaki serving up the Jungle Jetsetter!

Tikiyaki lucky fortune cookie prize drawings!

Sexy stewardesses!

Did I mention sexy stewardesses?

AND...If you are a card-carrying member of the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki (MOT) you will get extra chances to win prizes. Must bring your membership card to qualify.

PLEASE HAVE YOUR ID READY AT ALL TIMES.

Thank you for flying Tikiyaki. See you there!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: squid 2009-06-22 15:42 ]

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-22 3:49 pm   Permalink

Admission for this party is FREE !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation