FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events win an original thor painting!! help bring our mermaid to tiki oasis!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
win an original thor painting!! help bring our mermaid to tiki oasis!
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 6:10 pm   Permalink

Listen up Tiki Ohana! Our beloved Marina the Mermaid would love to party with all of us at this year's Tiki Oasis, but needs our assistance to make this happen. So a couple of her pals have come up with a totally tantalizing way to help our favorite fishtailed friend get to Tiki Oasis! We are selling "Bring A Mermaid To Oasis" raffle tickets for $10.00 each. The winner of this raffle will get THE MOST FABULOUS PRIZE EVER: AN ORIGINAL RUM PAINTING OF "MARINA THE MERMAID", PAINTED BY NONE OTHER THAN (native drum roll please)... THOR!!!! Yes, Thor is painting an exquisite, one-of-a kind painting of Marina the Mermaid WITH HIS UNIQUE RUM PAINT. If you are unaware of Thor's amazing rum paintings, check out this fascinating (and funny) You Tube video of how he creates these works of art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgxw3SqXZxE

Thor is still working on this masterpiece, so we don't have a photo to show yet of what it will look like, but we CAN tell you THIS: It will be a whopping 16x 20 INCHES, UNFRAMED, painted entirely out of rum, and the image will be of Marina frolicking through the portholes of the Wreck Bar. And we all know the fate of the Wreck Bar (Marina's underwater home) is uncertain right now, so this piece will have particular emotional and historical significance for Tiki art collectors. And let this light your fuse: If you wanted to buy one of Thor's rum paintings from his art gallery (of this size, and unframed, like this one), it would sell for $750-$800 dollars! So how staggering would it be if you WON IT for a fraction of that?! Plus, you're helping out one of your Tiki ohana, so it's all good mana!

"Okay, how do I help a mermaid? How can I win this amazing painting?" Well, buy some raffle tickets!!! One ticket costs only $10.00. Obviously, the more you buy, the better your chances are of winning this painting! You can enter by sending a personal check or money order to Tangaroa-Ru. Just send her a personal message on Tiki Central, and she'll send you the mailing address. Please indicate on your payment that this is for the "Send A Mermaid To Oasis" raffle, and include your REAL name AND Tiki Central name, address and phone number with your payment. You will receive a confirmation email, with a corresponding raffle number when your payment is received. Remember, the more tickets you buy, the greater your chances are to WIN THIS AMAZING PAINTING!

The lucky winning number will be randomly drawn at Tiki Oasis and an announcement will be made there. However the winner need NOT be present to win! So anyone can enter this contest -- even if you live far, far away! We will contact the winner and mail the painting to them if they can't be at Tiki Oasis! And Thor and Marina will both sign the painting for you!

This is a win-win situation, Tikiphiles. You get to help bring one of our favorite Tiki family members to Tiki Oasis AND you get a chance to win a gorgeous one-of-a-kind piece of Thor art! Enter now! Enter often!

Mahalo for your support!
~ Thor and Kari ~

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2009-06-23 09:07 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 6:53 pm   Permalink

So we can buy more than one ticket per person?

Terrill is sooo waiting to deplete my paypal earnings!
She loves marina and she loves Thor!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 7:41 pm   Permalink

Oh dear Tiki God, yes, LLT! You can buy as many tickets as you want! The more you buy, the better chances you have to win win WIN!!! Tickets are $10.00 each. Each ticket is assigned an individual number. The lucky number will be drawn at Tiki Oasis and an announcement will be made. We will track you down even if you aren't there... even if you are in another country or passed out in someone's room with a bottle of Newfoundland Screech in your sorry little hands! You know what I'm talking about! Don't play coy with me! (But if you don't include your name, address and phone number with your entry, you may be S.O.L.... unless we know you personally.)

Come on, people! Let's do this for our mermaid!!!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 11:00 pm   Permalink

as a big fan of Thor.......

ive sent my funds for my lucky raffle tickets

[ This Message was edited by: closettiki 2009-06-22 23:01 ]

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 11:01 pm   Permalink

as a big fan of thor.......

ive sent my funds for my lucky raffle tickets

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 09:18 am   Permalink

Thanks Closettiki and Kinny!!!!

Your generosity will be WELL rewarded! I am VERY excited to do this special rum painting!! It gives me a perfect excuse to get a new bottle of 151 and conjure up a real smokin' piece! My skull mug has been itchin for a good head full o'liquid gold tas dip me brush inta...!

Cheers! THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-06-23 09:19 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 09:18 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone! From this point on, we can only accept checks or money orders for this raffle. Apparently, using Paypal for this kind of activity is against their rules. (I didn't know that!) But, PLEASE, don't let this keep you from entering this amazing raffle for an excellent cause! Just send me (Tangaroa-Ru) a personal message here on Tiki Central, and I'll let you know the mailing address. Once your money is received, you will get a confirmation email with your raffle number on it. Make sure to include your name (both real and Tiki Central names), address, phone number and email address with your entry!

Mahalo for you enthusiasm and participation! At Tiki Oasis, ONE of you is going to win an unbelievable piece of art for taking part in a good cause for a very small price!

Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 11:56 am   Permalink

And remember! You don't have to be at Tiki Oasis to win! (But why would you want to miss Tiki Oasis?!!!)

Mahalo everyone!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 11:59 am   Permalink

this is a very cool thing.
Love Thor's Rum paintings, and would love to see Marina at Oasis.
I will be buying some raffle tix.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 1:59 pm   Permalink

Just give me a p.m. holla, Big Tiki Dude! We'll hook you up with raffle tickets. Thor is boiling down his rum as we speak... Thor? Thor? Are you there? Oh, dear... I think the fumes have gotten to him.

TNT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 5:19 pm   Permalink

We would love to see Marina at Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of TNT Send a personal message to TNT  Email TNT Goto the website of TNT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 7:29 pm   Permalink

hell I'd love to see Marina anywhere other than my dreams.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 09:24 am   Permalink

that's creepy,Jeff....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 4:38 pm   Permalink

This is so cool!! I want one, i don't even care about winning i just want to participate! This is why a love TC...

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 8:35 pm   Permalink

C'mon kids!
a REAL LIVE MERMAID!
at Oasis!
and you get a Thor piece too!
unless terrill and i winnit!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation