[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Harassed Mermaids
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Harassed Mermaids
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 08:04 am   Permalink

I think I would be guilty too if I had his job.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-mermaid-sexually-harrassed-bn062609,0,1238287.story

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation 2009-06-26 08:05 ]

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 08:31 am   Permalink

lmao! thanks for the laugh....Some of the comments are just as funny as the story itself!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 08:58 am   Permalink

i kissed a weeki wachee mermaid once.
i was five and she was doing a photoshoot at the hotel

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 10:12 am   Permalink

Meanwhile over in Anaheim, CA..

For a couple of years in the 60's, Disneyland use to have mermaids in the submarine lagoon. Female castmembers who would sit in the lagoon in mermaid costumes. I read somewhere that guys would jump into the water to get to the mermaids. Must have been some siren song thing.

Disneyland Submarine Voyage Stories

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sharkman_75

Posted: 2009-06-26 11:29 am   Permalink

Damn.....no photos?!

View Profile of Sharkman_75 Send a personal message to Sharkman_75      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-26 2:33 pm   Permalink

I am not sure that quite qualifies as an 'article' by newspaper standards..... Dude got fired for chasing some tail *rim shot*

And I'm with you Alohastation.... if that was my job you know I would be in trouble in very short order. If not with the mermaid then certainly with the wife!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captnkirk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 09:05 am   Permalink

News Flash! This just in...

View Profile of captnkirk Send a personal message to captnkirk  Goto the website of captnkirk     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brandomoai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 10:18 am   Permalink

Noooooooo!!

View Profile of Brandomoai Send a personal message to Brandomoai  Goto the website of Brandomoai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 3:37 pm   Permalink

Interview with a 1966 Disneyland Submarine Lagoon mermaid with photos.

[ This Message was edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2018-09-09 01:18 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 7:58 pm   Permalink

Great article....thanks King!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 10:31 am   Permalink

REALLY enjoyed the Edie-view. I'd completely forgotten about the lagoon mermaids, having seen them only once and never hearing a mention about them til now. Bring back the mermaids and the '60s!

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deke Kahala
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-01 10:42 am   Permalink

Cool interview. Why doesn't Disney bring the mermaids back to the Lagoon?

View Profile of Deke Kahala Send a personal message to Deke Kahala      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 11:27 am   Permalink

OSHA...

... and probably the union too.

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-01 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-01 10:42, Deke Kahala wrote:

I am a former Disneyland castmember who worked in the Entertainment Division. The production manager I worked for, who was there working when the mermaids were there, occasionally made comments that the mermaid "atmosphere entertainment" program eventually stopped when the company came to realize that the chlorine and the sun exposure just became too problematic for long-term human performers. The submarine lagoon is more highly filtered for clarity and cleanliness, and also much more highly chlorinated, than your typical human swimming pool. Or so the older people around me always said. There's a good interview by Disney historian Jim Korkis with Edie here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/9577/The_Disneyland_Mermaids

I did a quick online search but could not easily determine in what year the mermaid program was stopped. But from the photos I found online, I see that many of those gals were very attractive and had very nice smiles.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deke Kahala
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-02 11:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-01 11:40, AceExplorer wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-01 10:42, Deke Kahala wrote:

I am a former Disneyland castmember who worked in the Entertainment Division. The production manager I worked for, who was there working when the mermaids were there, occasionally made comments that the mermaid "atmosphere entertainment" program eventually stopped when the company came to realize that the chlorine and the sun exposure just became too problematic for long-term human performers. The submarine lagoon is more highly filtered for clarity and cleanliness, and also much more highly chlorinated, than your typical human swimming pool. Or so the older people around me always said. There's a good interview by Disney historian Jim Korkis with Edie here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/9577/The_Disneyland_Mermaids

I did a quick online search but could not easily determine in what year the mermaid program was stopped. But from the photos I found online, I see that many of those gals were very attractive and had very nice smiles.

That makes sense about the high chlorine and sun exposure. Still a shame that it didn't work, I bet it would be still cool.

View Profile of Deke Kahala Send a personal message to Deke Kahala      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation