FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 07:46 am   Permalink

Discussions and planning are now underway for a Sacramento Home Tiki Bar Crawl tentatively set for a weekend in October.

We (Mr and Mrs. Tikihula, Mr and Mrs. Alohacurrent, TikiMookie and Matt the Cat, Tikihammer and yours truly)are putting feelers out there for suggestions and participants for either a two or three day event. We would like to encourage all local Tiki Centralites to think about opening up their tiki bars or pads and hosting a larger event that the last one we had.

I will be hosting an open Tiki garage sale/swap at my house on one of the days, so even if you don't or can't host, at least consider bringing your excess stuff for trade or sale. You have to have something you want to get rid of??

Please start thinking about which weekend would work the best for everyone in October and let's get this rolling!

Talk soon!

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2009-09-28 12:12 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 10:36 am   Permalink

I'm a local Newbie and would love to take part.

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 9:35 pm   Permalink

Sounds good to me. Count Brenda's Tiki Hut as a stop on the crawl. Sorry I couldn't make the pow wow yesterday. Family obligations.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 9:41 pm   Permalink

I will come down for at least one day of your home bar crawl for sure. Doesn't matter what weekend

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 12:47 am   Permalink

A bunch of the Nor-Cal crew rolled over to Sacramento last year. Good times! I'll definitely go again.

I hope there will be more rumaki!

As of right now, most weekends look good for me except for Halloween, which is on a Saturday this year.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-30 03:41 am   Permalink

Ooooo, fun! Can't wait to see all the cool local home bars.

[ This Message was edited by: WSWahine 2009-07-01 10:51 ]

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 10:25 am   Permalink

Glad to see this is growing and becoming annual or is it perennial? Thanks PTD, any weekend except the first weekend (October 3rd) is good for us.

We'll also have a bunch of good stuff for sale or trade that tiki peeps will like including mugs, wooden tiki frames we had made, Hawaiiana plus a bunch of Enchanted Tiki Room stuff. I'll post some pictures when I get everything unboxed.

Also, Hawaiian soul food for all that crawl.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 12:41 pm   Permalink

Is this the same weekend as ''Swantiki''?...I would like to participate but won't know what my weekend work commitments are until closer to October. Sounds like a 'hoot'''.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-06-30 1:58 pm   Permalink

The weekends of October 3rd, 10th and the 17th work for us. The Garage sale sounds terrific. I'm sure Dan can find some tikis for this sale. We do hope to go to Swantiki]s event too. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 4:43 pm   Permalink

I am sorry I missed last years home crawl. I heard it was a great time, and the Sac Area Ohana are gracious hosts. I am looking forward to it. We've been discussing the Second Annual South Bay Home Bar Crawl and hope you Sac Area peeps can make it down. I know, I know...."get your own thread". We're workin' on it.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 4:04 pm   Permalink

well, i'm working on my tiki room and hopefully by oct it will be almost done. i'd like my house to be a part of the crawl. i know absolutely nothing about cocktails though. maybe someone could help me with that. a few folks came by my house last year after swantiki and i promise it won't be so cluttered this year. i have a heated pool if anybody wants to swim too.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 4:06 pm   Permalink

p.s. duane's garage sale is something i wouldn't dream of missing!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 09:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-01 16:04, kingstiedye wrote:
well, i'm working on my tiki room and hopefully by oct it will be almost done. i'd like my house to be a part of the crawl. i know absolutely nothing about cocktails though. maybe someone could help me with that. a few folks came by my house last year after swantiki and i promise it won't be so cluttered this year. i have a heated pool if anybody wants to swim too.

Let's hope the Tiki room is ready in time. I was one of those folk who stopped by last year and all I can say is:

Most. Amazing. Tiki. Mug. Collection. Ever.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 10:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-30 12:41, moondog426 wrote:
Is this the same weekend as ''Swantiki''?...

No, Lauren is having Swantiki on Saturday, July 25th at 4:00 pm. I can't make it as it's the same day and time as another commitment (Midnight Mass), but I encourage all who have the time to go on down.

I'm available any weekend in October, but Saturday the 24th. Can't miss the annual Reigning Cats & Dogs charity event for the SPCA. My kitties would never forgive me. And all you who know me know that I'm beholden to my kitties. The only thing that's keeping me from becoming the crazy cat lady on my street when Chief Bartender moves out, is that a truly crazy lady, who doesn't like cats (?!), already lives across the street.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 10:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-01 16:06, kingstiedye wrote:
p.s. duane's garage sale is something i wouldn't dream of missing!

Duane can I PLEASE shop the day before??????

Ya know this fella is going to wipe you out of the goods!! Damn you Kinstiedye...damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn you!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation