FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)
metikiman1705
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-11 7:25 pm   Permalink

Looks like we missed out. That's Okay. Spent a nice day in old Sac. Hope you all had fun. Be sure to post pics ASAP.

Lava Lewie

View Profile of metikiman1705 Send a personal message to metikiman1705  Email metikiman1705 Goto the website of metikiman1705     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-11 7:36 pm   Permalink

Never thought to sign on mid day sorry we missed you.

Great time at everyone's pad...such fabulous hospitality, food, drink, and friends. Thanks for putting this all together Duane. Looking forward to seeing all the pictures.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WSWahine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-11 7:56 pm   Permalink

Thank you to all the tiki hosts. What great fun. Met lots of new friends and saw some absolutely amazing homes loaded with tiki. I look forward to more of the same in the future. Thank you Duane and Marlene for all the hard work to make this happen.

Laura

[ This Message was edited by: wswahine 2009-10-12 18:52 ]

View Profile of WSWahine Send a personal message to WSWahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 8:57 pm   Permalink

Yes it was great! My first official Sac Ohana Crawl and I made 5 out of 6 destinations. Can't wait to see our super photo-op at Dan and Wendy's. I enjoyed meeting new people and getting better acquainted with others. I'm signing up for next year and making the commitment to get my Tiki Bar done this winter.

Big thanks to everyone that hosted.

Darilyn
P.S.I will post my yard sale find today after it arrives on Wednesday, if I can find 6 men and a team of horses to deliver it.

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-11 10:26 pm   Permalink

What a great crawl! Thanks to Duane and Marlene for the planning and to all the hosts for opening your homes to us. I am just sorry I missed the early and late stops along the way.

It is so inspiring to me to see such wonderful collections that are housed and displayed in such unique and creative ways. The attention to detail is just phenomenal. You are all amazing!

We truly have a fantastic Ohana here in the Sacramento area and I am happy to be a part of it...

Aloha nui loa,
Steve

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 06:40 am   Permalink

It is difficult to sum up such a wonderful weekend. I can't think of a better way to spend my two days off than with the Sacramento and extended Ohana. The weather was excellent and no hitches in the travel to and fro.

It was nice to actually see one of my posts make it to the "Cool and Current" list!

I would first of all like to thank VampiressRN (Marlene) for all of the assistance she gave in helping put this together. I consider Marlene the "glue" that keeps our group together. Marlene hosts more events in a year than all of us locals do combined and without her I do not think our event would have had as much participation as it did.

Big Mahalos also to all who hosted. TikiMookie and Matt the Cat, VampiressRN, mr. and mrs. alohacurrent, danlovestiks and Brenda' Tiki Hut all volunteered and selflessly opened their homes and hospitality with amazing presentation in food and drinks and overall fantastic ambiance. There is a little difficulty in hosting a two day event, especially when hosting, and everyone who did made their homes a warm and welcoming experience. I consider myself extremely lucky to have met such a dedicated and friendly Ohana.

I would be remiss in not thanking all who attended and took the time to travel to the locations to share what we take so much pride in. We welcome you to consider hosting at our next event and hoped we have inspired you join us next year. Special thanks to my wife Ami for shaking and slinging the drinks at our house and for putting up with me and my craziness.

I found myself again marveling at the uniqueness of everyone's presentation. Though the basis of our collections surrounds one important element "tiki" we have each formed our own style of display. No two homes are the same, even though much of what we have collected is. We have dedicated countless hours of blood, sweat and tears, and invested thousands of dollars to create our own "tiki living spaces" that we happily retreat to on a daily basis.

I felt extremely humbled and inspired by the compliments from everyone.

Good to have met some new friends and see all the old ones!

So, next year, we will plan on the same weekend in October. A suggestion was made to do a poster for next year's event, so you can all start thinking about or creating some art so we can get this rolling. Two years from now we will hit our fifth anniversary and the plan is to create our own event mug (Wendy is going to sculpt one) and I will be contacting some of you or you can contact me for donation $$ once we get a firm handle on the costs. I know it will be an investment well worth the money!

I will post some pictures tonight! Post them if you got 'em.

Mahalo and aloha,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMookie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 09:00 am   Permalink

Wow Duane, what a wonderful post. Thanks to you and Marlene for making it all possible. I had no idea what to expect, it was really fun. I am happy the weather turned out so nice too.

So, here are my pictures. Matt the Cat & I made it to 4 of the 6 homes (ours included)... Sorry we missed Marlene & Aloha Current's places for the photos, I'm sure others will post some pictures of their beautiful tiki homes

Saturday Morning at our home, the Keno Kai:

Brenda & Tiki Bob

Wendy sitting in our lounge

Woody, our three-legged mutt of terror (he's waiting for someone to drop food)

Mike, John, Tyler & Matt in our living room, probably discussing the "Mask of Controversy" (over the fireplace)

Audrey, Dan, Barbara & Wendy in our yard

That's us, Matt & Mookie

Matt mixed up a big batch of Painkillers, and they were quite nice!

Onto stop #2, Duane & Ami's place
Brad & Barbara

Ami, AKA Mrs. PTD, AKA Bartendress Extraordinaire, shakes superb mai tais!

Mike, Brenda & Melanie chatting in the kitchen

The outside garage sale / trade

Duane made this amazing ceiling panel, the picture doesn't do it justice! And that's real tapa, of course...

Steve, Laura, David & Eric

Day 2, afternoon, Dan & Wendy's fabulous place. They have a tiki collection that belongs in a museum. I'm so happy I was able to see it

Food first!

The Jungle Room is absolutely mind blowing! My wide angle lens is not enough to capture this amazing homage to tiki.

Last stop, crawl ends at Brenda's Tiki Hut!

Brenda making amazing Polynesian Paralysis cocktails, and we choose our tiki mug

Ah, that was fun! Can't wait til next year. Glad we are helping to put Sacramento on the Tiki map

View Profile of TikiMookie Send a personal message to TikiMookie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 09:26 am   Permalink

Those are some great pictures! Of course, two of the three I got caught in I have a stupid grin on my face that I couldn't seem to wipe off Saturday or Sunday...but now that I am back at work today it seems to have eluded me!

Thanks for posting them and the rest of you keep them coming!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 09:51 am   Permalink

How cool is it to see other peoples collections and decor.Wish I could
have beenup here in Nor Cal sooner to see it all.I have been in Wendy
and Dan's place and it's abosolutely jaw dropping to say the least.
Congrads to all envolved in this fun event.I am hoping to meet some
Nor Cal.Ohana while I am up here for the week.

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2009-10-14 13:20 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 1:34 pm   Permalink

just a note to thank you guys for a fun time saturday! I was able to make it to Mookie & Matt's and Duane & Ami's with a friend of mine. a friend mind you, who is not in the tiki scene at all, but does collect old oil memorabilia...seemingly minutes into duanes party he cuts a deal with Duane to buy an old penzoil metal sign hanging in his garage!
next, duane decides he cant live without the witco stuff i brought, so we make a deal.
then, out of the blue, Wendy of danlovestikis fame, whom i've never met, gifts me an awesome frankoma war god bank that she made...wow!
a little something for everyone!
just really cool people, cool stories, cool collections & warm, friendly hospitality.
would've loved to hit all the stops, but it wasnt in the cards this time. hopefully there will be a next time.
it was just really nice to meet you all, thanks again!

ps: duane, someday i will talk you out of that lampshade!
pss: barbara, sorry about the tease on the fabric! maybe i'll sell it the day i get that lampshade!!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 3:10 pm   Permalink

Here are a few pictures, in no particular order...

That's all I took!

PTD

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 6:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the images. Sorry I couldn't make it. Shootz! I missed a good time no doubt.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-12 8:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the kind words Duane.

I love seeing everyone's great collections and decor. Makes me jealous but encouraged to keep moving forward with my lounge...slow and financially challenged but trying. Nothing at my house will ever equal the great homes and lounges that exist here in Sacramento. The collections are awesome but the way they are displayed is the neat part. Everyone has a different style...but bottom line...love of Tiki.

I can hardly wait till next year...it will be poster perfect with Duane at the helm!!!

Sounds like some promising card-playing options in the future girlfriends.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-13 04:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-12 13:34, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
ps: duane, someday i will talk you out of that lampshade!
pss: barbara, sorry about the tease on the fabric! maybe i'll sell it the day i get that lampshade!!

John,

I think the better idea is to let me have the lamp! Or maybe we could share custody and have like an every other month ownership option?

D

Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-13 5:13 pm   Permalink

Thank you all who participated. I had a spectacular time. Would love to post pictures, but am too busy getting ready for another party this Saturday. If anyone wants to see the hut, PM me for an evite to the party this Saturday.
Brenda

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation