FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
October 10th and 11th Sacramento Capital Home Tiki Bar/Living Space Event (go to page 3)
LiddleLola
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 12:05 am   Permalink

Well here it is as promised. Still not in my possession as I'm feverishly trying to find a mover for it.
I know it isn't really "Tiki" but I think it is an amazing piece of furniture and can't wait to get it into the house but that will have to wait as the sliding glass doors will have to come off first. It will live in the garage for now.

It is 8 ft long. In the back are two cabinets, a wine rack, open shelf, pull out cutting board and two drawers which also have carvings. It's a monster of a bar. The bar itself is in great shape but the chairs need some restoration. There are 4 chairs and a bar stool.

edited to add how I found this. As my friend and I left Brad and Melanie's house we saw a yard sale sign just a few blocks away. In the garage were two of the chairs. I was admiring them when the owner asked if I wanted to see the bar. I reluctantly said yes. She took us through the very neglected backyard to the sunroom. She explained that her father brought it back from the Philippines in 1971 when he got out of the service along with a bunch of other furniture.
She had it on Craigslist but only had a couple of interested parties who could not make the arrangements to transport it. She got scared off by some creepy people who had contacted her so she pulled the ad and decided to try to sell it at the yard sale.

This is going to totally change the direction of my eventual Tiki room.

[ This Message was edited by: LiddleLola 2009-10-14 00:19 ]

View Profile of LiddleLola Send a personal message to LiddleLola      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-14 05:21 am   Permalink

Wow, what an incredible bar! The detail is amazing and now I know why you are going to need a crew to hoist that sucker around.

Intricate detail in the carving there! Can't wait to see it in person.

Congratulations on your new bar purchase.

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevesoto
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-14 10:20 am   Permalink

What a great story, Darilyn! Congrats on the find.

I'm sure that finding this bar DURING your first local crawl will add to your appreciation of owning it.

I look forward to a stop at your place on the crawl next year...

View Profile of stevesoto Send a personal message to stevesoto      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-14 6:38 pm   Permalink

Yee Haw Girlfriend...that is a bute!!! It looks wonderfully unique, I too look forward to seeing it live. I know you will give it the TLC it needs and provide it a prominent place in your home. Throw a couple of mugs and a bottle of rum on the top and let the drinkin' begin.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-17 04:04 am   Permalink

It looks like everyone had a great time. I enjoyed looking at the photos of the ''tiki cribs''. Dan and Wendy, I feel like I am getting closer to finally seeing your amazing collection. All the stops looked amazing, unique and different. I look forward to seeing some of the ''usual suspects''' tonight!

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-20 5:54 pm   Permalink

Hey, that's a wonderful bar. Gecko's uncle Leo is located in the Philippines and he's as tiki as you can get. Gecko has his resin pieces made there. Most of the Vintage mugs are from Japan and newer ones from China. I think Tiki is eclectic and our tiki rooms reflect that. Your bar is perfect for a tiki room. What a wonderful find. Wendy
At Matt and Melody's
TikiHula-Mike, BigBadTikiDaddy-Jon, and Tiki Bob-Robert

Here are photos taken at the danlovestikis home. (Dan and Wendy's)
Audrey, Dave, Barbara-TackyTiki

Paul and Sean

Audrey and Barbara - Sweet Tiki Dreams

VampiressRN-Marlene, Sandy, Amy

Paul on Tiki Overload

Dan, Melanie, and Brad

Dave, Barbara, Matt, Melody

Duane and Dave

Keith, Paul and Ileen

George, Dan, Norma and Wendy-danlovestikis

We are already looking forward to next year. Thank you to Duane for organizing and to every one who opened their homes, we had a blast, Dan and Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2009-10-21 18:16 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation