FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Building of Sneakyjack's Tiki shack
Building of Sneakyjack's Tiki shack
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-30 07:56 am   Permalink

So I am pricing out products to cover an existing structure. I was looking at http://www.bambooandtikis.com for pricing and product. The stuff I'm looking to get is:
Bamboo rolled X4rolls of 1"D x 3'H x 8'L - 2 rows of heavy gauge galvanized wire
Bamboo Panel - 4X8 -t this is to cover the front of the bar
Bamboo Slates - 1.75"D x 6'H x .25" (50 Slats Bundled)

I can post pics of a model of the pre build and the existing structure. I have to ship the stuff to NY and I know it won't be cheap.

Any suggestions of similar places with decent prices and quality goods would be appreciated.

And if anyone has dealt with this site how'd it go?

Mahalo
scale model - fence rolls for the roof - I'll get a shot of existing up soon

Hope to get her done by mid august!

PROF - I like the suggestion - but I'm having a builder help and we did the dimensions and such so its gonna be tough to go for retrofitting "found" items.

[ This Message was edited by: sneakyjack 2009-06-30 13:35 ]

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-30 08:32 am   Permalink

I recently did my living room in 1" bamboo paneling on the cheap. I found 4 Ikea room dividers on Craigslist (from 2 different sellers) and sawed them down the middle. I glued the 32" high sections to lauan with liquid nails, then screwed them to the wall. It looks decent and saved me a bundle.

--edit:
Nice model! I see where you're coming from now. My other suggestion would be to deal with
Bamboo & Rattan Works in Lakewood, New Jersey. Then you could fill up a truck and save on shipping. Good luck!

[ This Message was edited by: Professor Pineapple 2009-07-01 06:24 ]

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 5:50 pm   Permalink

I hope you put up pictures as this thing progresses, it looks like a great idea so far.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation