FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events South Florida Carving JAM, Ft Lauderdale
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
South Florida Carving JAM, Ft Lauderdale
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 10:39 am   Permalink

FUN FUN FUN,
Its that time again.... South Florida Carving Jam!

Starting at 9am, Saturday, August 1, Bring your tools and whatever project your currently working on, and we'll provide a workspace (mostly shaded), some coffee and a nibble for the early crowd, a light lunch, and non-alcoholic beverages.

Then at 4pm, we're switching gears and having a Luau! The Gumbo Limbo Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Moai Invites You to a Pot-Luck Luau. Please bring a dish (and contributions to the bar are never frowned upon), and a bathing suit if you'd like to take a dip in the pool.

2415 Coolidge St, Hollywood.
954-929-6529

Please RSVP here or by PM to Chip and Andy and let us know what you're bringing to the Luau so we can plan accordingly.

Can't wait to see you.
I will be there Early along with Sherry so if anyone has any requests please let me know here with a PM

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 11:51 am   Permalink

I'll be there! Just in time for my move back to Lauderdale! Can't wait!

Chip and Andy, please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like for me to bring, otherwise I'll be bringing my Hawaiian meatballs.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 12:52 pm   Permalink

Right on. I can't wait to make a dusty mess with you again Ben.

Surprise TK, glad to hear of your return to So Fla...you know its just not the same without ya.

Gman? Gonna make it down this time? We missed you like crazy the past few events.

[ This Message was edited by: Loki 2009-07-01 12:55 ]

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 1:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-01 12:52, Loki wrote:
Right on. I can't wait to make a dusty mess with you again Ben.

Carvers. Tools. Noise. Sawdust. Woodchips.

Followed by music, ohana, swimming, generalized South Florida FOM Chaos.... It's going to be fantastic!

Psst... Pablus..... do you think if I bottle up some of Ben's sawdust I could auction it off on ebay?

[ This Message was edited by: chip and andy 2009-07-01 14:04 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 4:45 pm   Permalink

I bid 20 bucks.

Hmmmm, I may have to set aside some funds for this one.
Haven't been to the Mai Kai this year. Love carvers. Could be.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 6:10 pm   Permalink

Cool News Christie, very happy to hear that.
Yeah Loki, we'll make lots of dust and noise.
Chip, How many bottles do you need and I think the Jade dust will get more so we'll do both and throw in some bone dust too for good measure.
Pablus, Save away, gotta have you and the Uke!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 05:38 am   Permalink

color me in
Will

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 08:52 am   Permalink

I was just hoping and wondering when this tradition would pick up again. Gotta do some begging at work first for the time, but have every intention of going.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-02 1:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Will, Happy you can make it, Snag Tom while you're at it if he's not travelling arounf SOCal!

Dreamer. Yeay, glad you'll be there too

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 06:49 am   Permalink

Liz,

I'm so glad you will be there! Ben, look forward to giving you big hugs and seeing your magic. Thanks so much to Chip and Andy for hosting!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 08:39 am   Permalink

Tiki Mango?

Aloha Station?

GMan? Bohemiann?

You gonna be able to make it down?

The morning really is going to be all about carving! Noise, sawdust, tools, sweat...... all the things that go along with carving.

For you chainsaw carvers we have a 'small but comfortable' area where you can sling those chains.

For those of you with power tools, I only have a couple of extension cords so it would be helpful if you would bring one too. I have enough outlets on enough different circuits that we shouldn't blow too many fuses.... I hope.

And, as the afternoon approaches and we start to shift into the Luau we have the pool to cool you off and get you in the mood.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-03 08:41 am   Permalink

I'll be heading down for sure! If any carvers live north of zip 32937, PM me! Perhaps you can drive to my location and I can drive the last leg while you nap.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-04 07:44 am   Permalink

We will have a big pot of yummy Kalua Pork for the luau. Feel free to bring a side dish or dessert for everyone to enjoy.

See you in August!

Andy

conchchowder
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-04 2:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-04 07:44, Chip and Andy wrote:
We will have a big pot of yummy Kalua Pork for the luau. Feel free to bring a side dish or dessert for everyone to enjoy.

See you in August!

Andy

So much for bringing Kalua Piggie....

View Profile of conchchowder Send a personal message to conchchowder      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidoug

Posted: 2009-07-06 07:33 am   Permalink

Ben - Thanks for the heads up about this event. Currently making my plans to attend. Hopefully a humble bone carver is welcome to hang out with the wood carving crowd. Since it is such a long trip from Tampabay I'll probably not bring food, but will carve Moai while I am there as gifts to leave the hosts. Will that work? Thanks, Doug

View Profile of tikidoug Send a personal message to tikidoug  Email tikidoug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation