FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Music ╗ ╗ Lounge music forums?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Lounge music forums?
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 12:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-07 09:02, TikiG wrote:
Now here's a new genre? -soundbite collages taken exclusively off of vintage kiddie records. The comical juxtaposition potential alone warrants a go at it.

Maybe somebody already does this?

I "kind of" made an album like this called 'I Dream of God'. I'm not sure what the rules are around here, but I released it last year and got some airplay on radio.

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-27 01:02 am   Permalink

Cool nick socksoff!
Cool private island!
Cool art!
Cool concept!
Welcome buddy!

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-27 5:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the kinds words and warm willkommen message Zeta. I'm still getting my feet wet on the board and reading all the earlier posts. BTW: keeping on topic, how does everyone feel about electronic lounge music? There is a group Tipsy that creates exotic-esque lounge music. You can check out their video on youtube for the song Mr Excitement as well as the slapstick Chop Socky starring the legendary Bruce Li (a Bruce Lee clone).

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-07-27 6:19 pm   Permalink

Welcome Socksoff. Yes Tipsy, I think they're great. Tipsy has a long history here, in fact they are listed on the Tiki Central "Featured and Great Lounge Music" page.
http://www.tikiroom.com/proc/?item=lounge

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation