FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Kirby's Rumpus Room Wed. Nights-5 yrs. & still going strong!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 Next Page )
Kirby's Rumpus Room Wed. Nights-5 yrs. & still going strong!
lilusako
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-13 12:38 pm   Permalink

I'd like to say thank you to everyone for such a great warm welcome for my first visit! I had a great time last night! I look forward to my next visit.

View Profile of lilusako Send a personal message to lilusako      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-05-13 2:03 pm   Permalink

Last night I was on a solo mission. There was a slew of newcomers to the Rumpus Room including; lilusako, RoseRed, Bobby and Lili, as well as another couple who were leaving with their youngins right after I arrived. I'm pretty sure I took a shower before I left the house though. Good news for Kirby, but bad for me, my favorite painting of his sold at Ben's Garage Sale the other week...Congrats Kirby! You can see some of the RR crew checking out some of his new paintings here. Also, congrats to Trader Tom on his upcoming graduation, check out his card Eric made for him. Speaking of Tom, he and Kahuna Kent wore the same shirt last night...how embarrassing. Well, not as embarrassing as one photo I took of the two of 'em, but I told Kent I wouldn't post it here. It's too bad I didn't get everyone in the group shot this week. As always, Kelly & Tom...your drinks are AMAZING! Lots of new and successful experimenting this week. Oh yeah, GROG you left your hat behind on a mask. Hope to see more new and old faces next week!

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-13 14:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tom 2010-05-16 10:04 ]

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 3:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha!
What a fun night night at Kirby & Polly's Rumpus Room! It was a pleasure to have new visitors, Jocelyn so nice to meet you glad we had time at the end of the night to just sit and chat. Ikabod & family our first visitor from Eye of the Cult down from Ventura happy to have you. Rose, Bobby & Lilly fun to visit outside of the Tonga Hut.
Thanks for all the Lemon Hart kids, we will make it another week after all.
Dean your handsome, Carri (Bewitched by Tiki) what a doll, wish I saw you more often what fun, thank you for all you do to help out the R. R. You always go far beyond what is expected and your awesome. Woah, can't forget our new friends Mike & Misha cause their names sound like a title for a romance comedy movie and they are good people, here's to you Capt. Kent & Trader Tom it was fun to view the photo of you fondling each other in matching shirts Tonga Tom thanks for being tall and taking great photos, Sherri we missed you girl. Murph where are you! Thank you everyone for the booze, lemons & limes, mixers, supplies, squeezing. Grog you are loved so much thank you for everything to much to mention here but you know xoxo! Jim we love it more when there's no Tikiyaki practice we have a longer time to visit with you. Eric & Manuel, thanks for being our Barbacks, DJ's, dishwashers, Artists at large we could not pull it off without you!
One of my dearest friends DR. Trader Tom Morgan, my mentor, my male muse, guiding spirit, source of inspiration to whom I have learned so much. You may now conduct brain surgery Dr. ( ok so he's not that kind of Dr.) We did manage to kick out one new drink last night, and we have not done that together in a while well, maybe 3 drinks if you include the "Pour this down the bathroom drain" and the "Throw this out on the lawn" we need a bar sink.
We can't do a damn thing without Kirby & Polly who without a doubt must have the most successful home bar on a weekly basis of all time. Not to mention if we were a real bar we would be having $600-1200 nights. Thank You!
Which brings me to my point, the Rumpus Room is a year old when are we going to spruce up the back yard and have a huge indoor outdoor Rumpus Room Anniversary party! ????

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-13 16:32 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 3:55 pm   Permalink

Hip -

We've talked about a Rumpus Room Anniversary party for a while - I think its a great idea.

It would be great if TikiMango can catch a flight to Cali from Florida for a "reunion."

It just wouldn't seem right if one third of the original Rumpus-Room build team is missing.

Ray - if you're reading this - respond please!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 4:36 pm   Permalink

Ray??? .... Ray??? ...... Damn it Ray, wadda ya say?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 10:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-05-13 15:39, Hiphipahula wrote:
Ikabod & family our first visitor from Eye of the Cult down from Ventura happy to have you.

Kelly,
I think you mean, "cult of the eye"

just razzin'

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-13 11:20 pm   Permalink

It was really a delight for the famil to finally make it to the famed Rumpus Room! I hope to make it down there again soon. thank you so much for having us!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 02:58 am   Permalink

A Rumpus Room Anniversary party seems like a great idea, but I don't think I can make it out to Cali this year. The backyard has so much potential, especially if it had to keep up with that front entrance! Maybe I can make the 2nd Anniversary. You kids party on in true tikiphile style!

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bewitched By Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-05-14 08:07 am   Permalink

Hey Kelly! Thanks! It was great to see all of you as well. Polly, Kirby, Little Tyler (you are the cutest thing ever), Jim and Dean (amazing tatoo) it was nice to have some time to actually chat. I too wish I could make it more often, I am hoping next week to be able to make it for a nice long visit. And dammit I am bringing the electric juicer! Kelly I also grabbed you a funnel that can live at the RR. Looks like I missed out on seeing some old and new friends having to leave so early, but I did get to meet a few new ones. Kirby I love the new look of the RR ceiling. There is just something voyeuristic about those monkeys staring down at you!! haha! Kel that was definitely the best Mint Julep I ever had. Yes people, I said Mint Julep...don't give me any grief. It is completely acceptable and retro plus it was made with my own homegrown mint : )

Tom.. congratulations again on your accomplishment I am duly impressed! and Polly you have also amazed me with the achievement of your Masters Degree all while carrying Tyler and mastering the challenges of new motherhood! Excellent!
See you all next week.

Kelly don't forget about NN at the RR. PM me if you can't figure that one out!!

View Profile of Bewitched By Tiki Send a personal message to Bewitched By Tiki  Email Bewitched By Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 09:26 am   Permalink

Kelly,
I think you mean, "cult of the eye"

just razzin'

Jeff(btd)
[/quote]

Well crap lol I googled it and that is what came up. Sorry "Cult of rhe Eye".... Oops my bad

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2010-05-14 09:28 ]

Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 09:32 am   Permalink

POLLY GOT HER MASTERS???
Where was I? !!! Oh Bartending, that's right...

Wow, I wasn't sure Polly you were going to complete that so fast Wow with work, family and baby Tyler... You are amazing! Congrats!! Party for Polly!!

IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 12:14 pm   Permalink

"Eye of the cult", Eye didn't notice..

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-14 5:26 pm   Permalink

I keep looking at my cool card. Thanks everyone! I can't believe a year of the Rumpus Room has flown by so fast. These Wednesday night get-togethers have been a much needed break each week and you guys are a great bunch of friends. Let's hope this is the first of many years to come. Three cheers for the Rumpus Room!!!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-15 7:03 pm   Permalink

Awwww, Thanx 4 the warm welcome guys.

Lili, Bobby and I had a BLAST and it WAS indeed fun to see peeps outside of Tonga 4 a change.

Kirby and Polly- you have a FANTASTIC lil' bar, and I felt the Aloha sprit the SECOND we walked in and went down the lava- covered steps LOL!

Tonga Tom- thanx 4 more fun pix. u NEVER dissapoint us there ...and Sherrie, u were DEFINATELY missed by all!

Trader Tom- a real treat to have a potion mixed by you- my first since your room party at TO9 where you introduced the Hibiscuc Hula and I got to try my very 1st (but certainly NOT my last) hand-crafted syrup form you. BTW- The lemongrass one was SUPER-yummy!!!

Kel- I enjoyed drinks 1 and 3 the most. 1 was a bit better for me because it was slightly crisper, AND a bit less sweet, so that would be my pick for the lastest addition to the menu... but ONLY if u can come up with a really suitable name cuz lets face it... it's what ususally gets us to order it right?

Looking 4ward to next month. I may have to start and leave a bit earlier next time cuz
WHOOOOO -BOY them dranks is STRAWNG!

Again thanks for the Ohana. We are RR virgins no mo!

[ This Message was edited by: RoseRed 2010-05-15 19:06 ]

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-05-19 10:04 am   Permalink

Rumpus Room Tonight! "Polly gets her Masters". !!

What to bring,

Limes & Lemons (a must to get in the door)
ICE
Club Soda, Soda water

Coruba Dark
St. James Martinique Rum (TV MaiTai)
Pusser Rum(Navy Grogs)
Lemon Hart Rum reg. OR 151
the Kracken Rum
Cruzan Blackstrap
Cruzan Single Barrel

Snacks
Anything you would like to share.

See you there around 7:30 ish til the Rums gone

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation