FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 2:05 pm   Permalink

that's one of the birdmen petroglyphs on that lava rock

there is a lamp that LOOKS like a fish
upper right part of the cover...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 2:22 pm   Permalink

Here's a birdman rock:

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-13 12:43 pm   Permalink

New GROG hand-made Moai Mugs.
(Sorry for bad quality pics, but GROG roommate camera only take video and these are stills from the video.)
These are greenware and have not been fired yet. The one on the far left is dry and the other three are drying out before they can be fired, and then glazed and fired again. All are around 6 1/2" to 6 3/4" tall.
3 mugs are already spoken for. GROG try and get a few more made for Tonga Hut art show.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-07-13 12:51 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 12:54 pm   Permalink

i heard Buzzy is making the same exact ones
only cheaper..

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 2:44 pm   Permalink

Wow! Great Cover Art Doug, of course we expected no less. Congrats on the Cover, hope you guys enjoy the party.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 08:14 am   Permalink

those are cool lookin mugs grog.. the cover is one of the best yet.. and this is gonna be a great show.. thanks for inviting me to be a part..

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 08:25 am   Permalink

Heres me with a birdman stone in Oahu .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-13 12:54, little lost tiki wrote:
i heard Buzzy is making the same exact ones
only cheaper..

I'm doing those right after I send off the new magazine I'm doing to the printers. It's called "My Tiki Magazine: celebrating the 'Buzzy Tiki Guy' lifestyle." The cover features a stunning painting of a CocoJoes tiki that i did. In the debut issue, I will be the legendary carvers section and have a profile in the Influential Artists of Today section. I also contributed an article on the history of the San Diego landmark, The House of Buzz. There's also a locating tiki article about tikis in the 92117 zip code, written by me as well. The centerfold photo layout, "Absolutely Tiki", has a spread on my tiki compound in sunny Bay Park. Ladies will want the issue soley for the "Dream Kane" photo, featuring former Mr Carving Village 2007, Bay Park Buzzy. There's another great collecting article in it about the Coco Joe's stickers vs tags debate and another fine article about how to make my signature drink, The Tiki Buzz. You can look for more information about My Tiki Magazine on on of Nick's threads soon!

I got some coffee mugs from China to unpack!
Buzzy Out!

[ This Message was edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-07-14 11:41 ]

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-07-14 11:56 am   Permalink

Shouldn't your signature drink be "The Buzzy Navel"?

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-07-14 11:59 am   Permalink

GROG not EVEN want to know what Tiki Ray doing to that birdman stone!!

Cover your eyes children!!

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2009-07-14 12:04 ]

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 12:14 pm   Permalink

remember "the bird is the word"

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 1:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-14 11:56, GROG wrote:
Shouldn't your signature drink be "The Buzzy Navel"?

No, that's what you suck my signature drink out of!

Buzzy out!

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 1:19 pm   Permalink

Hey Grog, on page 192, chapter 6 of Aku Aku by Thor Hyerdahl it clearly shows how they moved those Moai's across miles of desert and rocks to their final resting places . Im just recreating the same procedure to move this birdman stone to my hotel room .

Heres a pic of me under a Moai just before I begin to lift it into position .

Heres Cindy resting under a Banyan tree as I try to get the stones to my rental car .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 5:15 pm   Permalink

Great! Now Rory's going to want to sniff that stone birdman statue ... thanks a lot Ray!

No I didn't!!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2009-07-20 5:24 pm   Permalink

Alright socal people, you've got a couple of chances to buy some tiki art and stuff from the socal artists before Oasis. You've got the Polynesian Pinup show at the Bahooka on July 25th, and then Aug.1st we've got the Tiki Magazine Release Party/ Art Show. Get your stuff now, before it all sells out at Oasis and you miss out. Plus, some of the artists vending here will not be vending at Oasis.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation