FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine Release Party & Art Show---Aug. 1st--8pm @ Tonga Hut
cosmictiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-01 11:21 am   Permalink

Wow Doug, Awesome job on the new cover. The colors are off the hook, too bad I can't be there.
Dennis Mathewson
Custom Painting
http://www.cosmicairbrush.com
Fine art
http://www.cosmictiki.com

View Profile of cosmictiki Send a personal message to cosmictiki  Email cosmictiki Goto the website of cosmictiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-01 11:42 am   Permalink

GROG check kiln, and most everything was good. Moai salt and pepper shakers came out great. Moai mugs turned out well. Salty Bob and Pepr Bob had some problems. Pepr Bob had some little areas where it look like the glaze bubbled and left some bisque showing. Salty Bob turned out well, but half of the glaze on top flaked off while GROG was handling it. GROG may bring them for show and tell, but GROG not sell them until glaze fixed and refired.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 12:10 pm   Permalink

GROG is CLAY ANIMAL!!

Babau think he know GROG's problem...call Babalu.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-01 2:07 pm   Permalink

Salt and pepper Moais turned out great.

Bob's needs some fixing.

Those Moaimugs came out as well as can be expected from a caveman.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 5:35 pm   Permalink

Congrats to Nick and best wishes for another successful issue. Fantastic cover Doug- Superb in fact. The art on this thread- great stuff! Hows it all gonna cram into that tiny Tonga Hut?

Wish we could be there to celebrate. Someone make a toast to Benzart! He was great to interview and his reflections on his life's path is something else. I was reaffirmed that Ben IS THE man.

Cheers, everyone. HAVE THE FUN~! Someone take pics!

Andy
http://tikijoesocean.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2009-08-01 18:08 ]

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 7:14 pm   Permalink

I think Andy said it the best!
Congrats to Nick and best wishes for another successful issue. Fantastic cover Doug- Superb in fact. The art on this thread- great stuff! Hows it all gonna cram into that tiny Tonga Hut?

Wish we could be there to celebrate. Someone make a toast to Benzart! He was great to interview and his reflections on his life's path is something else. I was reaffirmed that Ben IS THE man.

Cheers, everyone. HAVE THE FUN~! Someone take pics!

have fun tonight kids!
Can't wait to see y'all in two weeks!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 10:41 pm   Permalink

What a great outpouring of art again, y'all. Wish I could be there. Instead:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-02 03:31 am   Permalink

Great Release party Nick Congratulations! I think we all had good times, Thanks Tonga Hut. All the art was captivating to say the least. Doug, tiki TOny, Eric, Stacey, Grog, Marty Lush your awesome, Kirby, great Tiki's. Kudos's all the way round!
We missed ya BigBro!

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-08-02 03:32 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 09:48 am   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-02 4:12 pm   Permalink

It was great seeing the Ohana last night. Thank you so much for supporting Tiki Magazine. I'd like to thank all of the Tiki Mag contributors especially the ones that were able to make it last night. I hope I don't forget anyone, JP, Kari, Doug, Matt, Grog, and the Headhunter.

Nick

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Easter Island Elvis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-02 9:01 pm   Permalink

My friends and I had a GREAT time. Drank some drinks, met some really awesome people, and I got to see my first article in the magazine!! Hope to see you all again at Tiki Oasis!

View Profile of Easter Island Elvis Send a personal message to Easter Island Elvis  Email Easter Island Elvis Goto the website of Easter Island Elvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 10:13 pm   Permalink

Nick Camara: YOU and your magazine were the reason for the party last night so thank YOU!!! And mahalo to Tonga Hut Jeremy for letting us celebrate, once again, at his fine establishment. A splendid night for Tiki... then again, isn't every night? Hope to see you all soon again! ~ Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-02 11:16 pm   Permalink

Yeah,Thanks Nick!!The new mag turned out great..I really appreciated the lil mention of the loss of our rumpus room dog "peanut". It just reminds me how although the tiki community is growing leaps and bounds with alot of the push being from Tiki mag..It still remains a close family, With many real genuine folks I m happy to know....It was great bein apart of the show,and thanks grog and(paipo) for letting me use that tiny little corner of your table, to sell my stuff..

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-03 12:50 am   Permalink

Great seeing you all! Thanks Nick for another great issue! Thanks to you all for supporting the beachcomber lifestyle again!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 04:06 am   Permalink

Looks like it was a great time and had a nice crowd.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation