FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My Rarotonga Fisherman's God Pendant
My Rarotonga Fisherman's God Pendant
lolomaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-10 12:04 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:09 ]

View Profile of lolomaleko Send a personal message to lolomaleko      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 08:29 am   Permalink

It's wicked cute.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 08:38 am   Permalink

That's so cool!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 10:01 am   Permalink

yeah I dig it , really fine work!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lolomaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-10 10:08 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:09 ]

View Profile of lolomaleko Send a personal message to lolomaleko      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 1:03 pm   Permalink

Where's the wang? Beautiful wee sculpt, but I'm not a fan of emasculated art! Those damn missionaries have a lot to answer for, particularly when it comes to Cook Islands art. If you do your homework on this guy you will find that without a penis it is meaningless....the whole point of this figure is virility, fertility and abundance.

PS It's "Rarotonga" which is the main/admin island of the Cooks, and also usually referred to as "The Fisherman's God" rather than just a fish!

Criticism aside, like I said it's beautifully executed. I really like your cast pendants!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 1:11 pm   Permalink

He is REALLY cool, but, agreed that he'd be even cooler if he were anatomically correct

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 2:16 pm   Permalink

Excellent work, I Really Love this little guy. I went to your past threads and you have been making some Excellent pieces, Welcome to Tiki Central.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 2:18 pm   Permalink

Another vote for anatomically correct from me too.

He's very cute & well made! I'm looking forward to seeing the final result.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 6:38 pm   Permalink

What price point are you aiming for in bronze? I could wear one of those

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lolomaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-10 9:26 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:10 ]

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-10 11:43 pm   Permalink

i think you meant, "too" and that's nice wax carving. where do you plan to put the spure? adding an appendage is just the same as a sprue, maybe a bit thicker. i don't remember seeing a nutsack on those guys, so just a sprue might work. are you going to cast one in metal and make a mold or mold up the wax master and then inject them? what kind of wax are you using? great job on the sculpt. is it all by hand?

i'd really like to know about your tools also. i'm having a hard time with mine. must be a poor craftsman.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lolomaleko
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-11 2:50 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: lolomaleko 2010-06-23 04:10 ]

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-11 3:33 pm   Permalink

Thank YOU for caring enough to do it right and remain true to the spirit of the original artists! I can't wait to see the finished article...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation