FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Marine corps tear gas chamber fun!
Marine corps tear gas chamber fun!
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 2:13 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tLyhbacXjE&feature=related

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 9:39 pm   Permalink

lucas!
back in bootcamp at Pendleton in 82
we had to sing the WHOLE Marine Hymn
in a quonset hut filled with tear gas
with our masks off..
Tingly
burny
and very uncomfortable
and all your mucus and gunk
comes right up!
like an ebola bleedout!

OO-friggin-RAH...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 07:30 am   Permalink

I remember it well! It was probably my least favorite military experience.
I had to say my social security number backwards. Hard when you are gagging! After I left the chamber, I blew a snot trail out of my nostrils that was probably about 1/2 a gallon. The only good thing about it was it cured my crotch rot!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 07:53 am   Permalink

what is wrong with you?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-13 08:23 am   Permalink

When I was in high school, someone had a can of Mace (?) in their gym locker (the kind with the expanded metal grate door to let the funk out). I decided to clear the locker room by puncturing the can with my pocket knife (it was a rural community in the 70's, pocket knives were routine in school) I put my knife through the mesh and punctured the can, of course it all sprayed in my face. I tried washing it off but it just got worse. I called the police and told them about my "accident", they said "Whatever you do, don't put any water on it" Yeah, too late. And as far as clearing the locker room - the next day I asked around, no tears, no coughing, no snot, nothing. No one even noticed

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 08:31 am   Permalink

what is wrong with you?

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-13 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-13 08:31, little lost tiki wrote:
what is wrong with you?

More than you'll ever know!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 12:56 pm   Permalink

TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 2:53 pm   Permalink

I had to do the gas chamber three different times! One in Army boot camp, once in Navy boot camp, and again in the Navy for some extra training. I think it get's easier to deal with the more you are exposed to it. I remember the worst as being in the Army. My platoon was all in the chamber, arranged alphabetically, and had to take our masks off at the same time and say our names, unit and social security numbers. A fine thing if your name is Aaron Anderson, not so cool when it is Ray Reynolds. It's a great experience and perfect for clearing the head of any and all gooey and runny substances.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 3:02 pm   Permalink

i would pay to see kinny go through boot camp!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 3:40 pm   Permalink

at this age
or back then?

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 6:34 pm   Permalink

Both!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 06:11 am   Permalink

Ooh Rah
Ah, the good old days. Camp Pendleton, 1984
I left my "trail of tears" (and snot) there too.
Good times.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-21 7:22 pm   Permalink

Did I order a code red?

You're damn right I ordered a code red!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation