FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 12:34 pm   Permalink

The shrunken heads are really a piece of art work. Will look forward to seeing the other when finished.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 12:56 pm   Permalink

GROG said he'd volunteer his head...

you take them without brains,right?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-03 1:05 pm   Permalink

Kinny's lifeless shrunken head is in his pants.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 1:07 pm   Permalink

HAaaaaa GREAT!!! I will keep the light on for ya tonight!! Follow the green smoke!!(the other kind!). Side note here is that my story here is that a Jivaro warrior and one of the tribes more creative Tsantsa' trophy makers had an unpleasant encounter with a Suya Native from far East of the Jivaro village. Suya's traditionally wear lip plates..much like the African Natives have.

On a very distant trip, a Jivaro traveled on a sort of spiritual journey along the Amazon river to the territory of the Zuya. Just before dusk one eve, the Jivaro sent a poison blow dart into the trees to down a Monkey it would take as food for the night. A Suya warrior was in the area..saw this and was not happy.... The two fought visciously but the Jivaro won. He took the head of his victim, skinned and boiled it. He preserved it with it in an herb satchel. When finally back to his village a week later, he dried it in a smoke hut, and created small river clay lip plate and ear rings to mimick the dress of the Suya tribesman. A unique Tsantsa' indeed!! It is currently the pride of the entire Jivaro villiage. Now...you too can own the trophy..and share the story in the rum scented eves of your own home hut.

So, there you have this relic of this ageless and exotic tale.... ~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-08-07 13:38 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmCityTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 1:53 pm   Permalink

Sweet barking tiki... love the heads... great skills and craftsmanship.... thanks for posting and please post more as they cure.

View Profile of PalmCityTiki Send a personal message to PalmCityTiki  Email PalmCityTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-03 6:29 pm   Permalink

CHEEEZIT'Z CRAAACKER'Z THOR!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-03 9:19 pm   Permalink

Your Heads Rock!!!!
These, are by far the best recreations I have seen!!!
Very nice work!!!
I'll Take One!!!
PM Sent

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-03 9:20 pm   Permalink

CHEEEZIT'Z CRAAACKER'Z THOR!

My goal was to make the ones selling lately out there on EBAY look like dime store rubber prizes TJ! LOL Glad ya like em!!! I will post variations as the week unfolds. You still coming to Oasis??? Some are being reserved and picked up already so let me know my friend!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 07:28 am   Permalink

Headhunter... I would think you have MANY already!! lol I will be postinfg the variations as the days progress here this week. Unless one spefic one is claimed as in the order a person writes their PM, I will mark it your's. I am back to the shrinking hut!! Have a great day!

AlohashirtBob!! Got your PM, No problem and thanks for the feathers! Thank your parrot tooo!!!!!!

alohashirtbob
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-04 09:10 am   Permalink

Tanga is happy to donate to the cause. Sent you another PM. Looking forward to seeing you at the Oasis!

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 11:43 am   Permalink

The display has now been modified to houses the new shrunken heads

[ This Message was edited by: HB TIKI 2009-08-04 11:44 ]

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 2:33 pm   Permalink

Which display HB?

HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 5:46 pm   Permalink

I build a display case for a 30" tall shrunken head and modify it so it will accomondate a 40 inch tall display. What is the size of the base that will hold the bamboo pole to support the head. Thanks Roger

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 5:49 pm   Permalink

FREAKIN' WICKED!!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-04 9:27 pm   Permalink

Tom, check your PM's!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation