FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 11:26 pm   Permalink

No base yet Roger!! I am working on that!! Base will be no big feature in this..I put majority of detail in the heads. You might want to just allow for a peg or extended machine screw at the inside base of yoor display case and then slip the bamboo stake over that and epoxy. The base would likely be bulky in the case if I were to provide one....let me know! OH..and can you PLEASE show us the case!! I have some commissions that all want cases by the way and maybe you are our man to contract that part to!!

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-08-10 23:30 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-11 07:03 am   Permalink

Tom-See pm, I sent a picture of my idea of the case. I like the cube base on some of the older shrunken heads you made. the base of the stand is 5" deep , I can add more room to the front if necessary. 40' high
from base to top.

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI

Posted: 2009-08-11 07:08 am   Permalink

disregard PM

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI

Posted: 2009-08-11 08:17 am   Permalink

Tom-I sent a picture of the case on myspace in a message
Roger

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-18 07:47 am   Permalink

ALOHA!!

Thanks to all who picked up heads at Oasis!! Just wanted to give a final shout here...I had several people wanting heads here after Oasis and will be making a few more this week..then it's it fo rthe season. I will HOPEFULLY make more next year, but my schedule looks brutal so I cannot promise. I can customize the two styles for anyone ordering now...spiked or sewn lips..blowdart/feathers and bead decor...etc at no additional cost to customize right now. Thanks again!! GREAT OASIS!!

~~~THOR Send me a PM asap if you want one..unless you are one of the ones already spoken to!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohashirtbob

Posted: 2009-08-18 08:57 am   Permalink

Hi Thor,
Left you a PM

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TasiTiki

Posted: 2009-08-18 10:05 am   Permalink

Aloha Thor,
PM sent...

View Profile of TasiTiki Send a personal message to TasiTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 07:36 am   Permalink

GOT IT!! I am taking PAYPAL here in cae that is a preference! I have three heads that were not finished out....can custom these for any final buyers

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 07:36 am   Permalink

Sorry for the confusion Jonsey!!! I will get to that commission if I can before the new year!

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-08-19 07:38 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 08:10 am   Permalink

THOR!
Tom,that gentleman in the glass curio case is SUPER-REAL!
You have succeeded in giving these things a life and authenticity!
Moss needs these ALL OVER Frankies!

it was great seeing you for those 15 seconds at Oasis!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 10:08 am   Permalink

I missed hangin' with ya Ken!! Hope to see ya at Tong Hut or somethng soon my friend!!! BE GOOD!

Meheadhunter

Posted: 2009-08-19 6:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Tom...
You may have already heard about this...but,
Look up Piers Gibbon...
He is doing a documentary on the Shuar...
And seems to have actual headshrinking footage from the 1960s...
It will air here in the States sometime in November on Nat Geo...
This should be very cool...I cant wait!!!
You did a SUPER great job on recreating these...
I cant wait to get mine...
Thanks So Much!!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 7:46 pm   Permalink

HO FUNNY I was actually looking all over for actual pics or documents on the process!! Just like yesterday!! If you hear of this coming out soon..PLEASE tell me!!

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-20 07:25 am   Permalink

"HEAD CASE" is SOLD"! I will keep this offer for the heads till tonight!! THANKS!!! ALOHA!! ~~T

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-29 6:27 pm   Permalink

All HEads are shipped from Oasis or after!! I just have "Mai Tai's" left! Bill..please contact me

~~THOR

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation