FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
THOR Shrunken heads ....etc.
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 09:00 am   Permalink

it's Bill's Birthday week(s)
I imagine after he recovers
he'll contact you!
May i say again
that you bring shrunken heads to LIFE !?!?

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 8:38 pm   Permalink

HAAAA OK!! WELL HAPPY B_DAY to him!! OFCOURSE!! Well tell him, if ya see him he has a Shrunken bean here that he asked me to not sell and he keeps reading my messages and not responding and I will come shrink his head if he doesn't return my messages soon!!! lol I am half kidding..ofcourse! I just have work up to my ears and want this last accounted for head out the shrink shack! Thanks Ken!! I missa You face!!!

~~~T

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-30 8:56 pm   Permalink

he's been doing that to me also.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-01 09:38 am   Permalink

Aloha Perry!

Ohhh...I am sure it's just the Birthday week distraction, Perry I trust ol' Bill he's a good egg!! He and otto are just havin too much fun in Alameda this past week my sources report! (yah I am jelous too!) lol! No worries, I just want to follow through on this last head deal and focus 100% on my painting year. I will stand bye!! If anyone talks to him..tell him to pm me here. Just have no other way to contact him!

Keep up your carving Perry!! I still am sticking to head shrinking but love seeing what ya come up with my friend!!

OK...back to work...

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-26 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-19 19:46, THOR's wrote:
HO FUNNY I was actually looking all over for actual pics or documents on the process!! Just like yesterday!! If you hear of this coming out soon..PLEASE tell me!!

Hey Tom...and to everyone else interested!!!
The show on National Geographic Channel airs on Nov 15th about Shrunken Heads!!!

EXPEDITION WEEK PREMIERE EPISODES
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 9PM ET/PT
Search for the Amazon Headshrinkers

Terrifying legends from the Amazon tell of Indian headshrinkers who would shrink an enemy's head to render the vengeful soul powerless. Now, NGC has exclusive U.S. access to 45-year-old archive footage captured by explorer Edmundo Bielawski, purportedly the only known footage that shows the process of an actual recently deceased human head being shrunk. Author and explorer Piers Gibbon heads deep into the Amazon jungle in an attempt to trace Bielawski's 1960s journey, rediscover the exact location where this scene was filmed and reconnect with the tribe today.

Read more:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/expedition-week/all/Overview#tab-shows#ixzz0V6iuXuyy

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicholauslee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-10-26 10:02 pm   Permalink

Holy crap, I haven't been on this site in a while, but these are amazing!
I'd love to see some of the process that goes into making one of these things!
absolutely incredible!

View Profile of nicholauslee Send a personal message to nicholauslee  Goto the website of nicholauslee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2009-11-01 8:18 pm   Permalink

My shrunken head is a very prized possession...Thor did a great job.
I am going to try to catch that Nat Geo special. It looks interesting.

And before the Head Shrinking show is the....

Easter Island Underworld
On legendary Easter Island, a team of National Geographic explorers and scientists undertakes a groundbreaking expedition: to attempt a first-ever mapping of the vast cave system beneath this enigmatic isle. We ride along as the team rappels down sheer cliffs, crawls through narrow labyrinths, and even dons SCUBA gear to complete their task. Deep beneath the earth, in caverns that have been forgotten for centuries, these adventurers discover human remains and telltale artifacts. Together, these finds reveal an astonishing history that is brought to life in startling re-enactments. It is a tale of ingenious achievement, environmental catastrophe, and brutal social breakdown one that remains a haunting lesson for all of us, similarly trapped on an island planet of our own.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/expedition-week/3829/Overview

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2009-11-01 21:32 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-10 4:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Tribe!
Yeah I saw the commercial for "EXPEDITION WEEK PREMIERE EPISODE: Search for the Amazon Headshrinkers"...they show ACTUAL recent footage of what looks to be the process of shrinking a REAL HUMAN HEAD... like recently. Currently. Like, you can get a fresh one! They were showing the footage of them filling the head with sand, and drying it in the sun for six days... and, well, I don't know for sure... but I thought I saw THOR hanging out checking to see if they were done yet.

Hmmmm... I TOLD YOU THEY WERE REAL! But, guess we'll have to watch the episode to make sure if he was in it or not.

Can't wait for the episode to come out!
EXPEDITION WEEK PREMIERE EPISODE: Search for the Amazon Headshrinkers SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 9PM ET/PT.

Hey, you ever hear the theme to the low budget film "SHRUNKEN HEADS"?
The music is by Oingo Boingo front man Danny Elfman.
It's classic Elfman, with a weird exotica flavor, yum! You can groove to it for free at...
http://cudraclover.podomatic.com/
...Listen to the "Halloween podcast" at approx 3 minutes in she plays the theme.
Fun stuff!

www.tikishark.com
www.sargentsfineart.com/artist/parker.php
www.myspace.com/Lotus_Land
http://www.cocktailnation.net

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-11-10 17:01 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-11 09:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-11-10 16:36, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
Hey Tiki Tribe!
Yeah I saw the commercial for "EXPEDITION WEEK PREMIERE EPISODE: Search for the Amazon Headshrinkers"...they show ACTUAL recent footage of what looks to be the process of shrinking a REAL HUMAN HEAD... like recently. Currently. Like, you can get a fresh one! They were showing the footage of them filling the head with sand, and drying it in the sun for six days... and, well, I don't know for sure... but I thought I saw THOR hanging out checking to see if they were done yet.

Hmmmm... I TOLD YOU THEY WERE REAL! But, guess we'll have to watch the episode to make sure if he was in it or not.

Can't wait for the episode to come out!
EXPEDITION WEEK PREMIERE EPISODE: Search for the Amazon Headshrinkers SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 9PM ET/PT.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2009-11-10 17:01 ]

Was Thor standing behind a tree rubbing his hands together? Saying to himself, Mmmm that looks like a good one ...

Looking forward to seeing this show, set for record.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2009-11-15 09:24 am   Permalink

I am looking forward to this too. I want to see how closely my "Headly" looks like the ones getting shrunk on the show. Thor did such a great job...I think he must have been in the Amazon!!!

If I was a reporter, I would be reluctant to take this assignment...LOL.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-15 10:23 am   Permalink

ALOHA!!!

I will look forward to this show tonight!!! It will be like watching a cooking show for me!...fun to compare recipe's! If you do see any familiar natives peering from behind the depths of the jungle...REMEMBER..any resemblemnce is PURELY coinsidental and the loin cloths were added in post production...even the extra long one on the tribesman with a pencil thin stache and goatee....

[ This Message was edited by: thor's 2009-11-16 10:23 ]

Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-11-15 11:47 am   Permalink

I will be tuned in to the show.....I can't wait!!!
Thanks Again Tom....The Tsantsa is awesome!!!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2009-11-15 8:00 pm   Permalink

I watched the Easter Island show first...very interesting and enjoyable.

The Head Hunter show was also great!!! Awesome footage from 40 years ago. Boy, the village sure was mesmerized watching that. Not much recipe sharing for ya Thor...LOL.

Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-04-08 4:42 pm   Permalink

It just arrived today!!!
I absolutely adore my shrunken head ~ Can't take my eyes off it!

Holy williwockers Thor, your work is phenomenal!
Gonna have to redesign my tarantula case so that the head takes center stage!

LOVE ITTT!

Your wahine o ke kai,
~Marina~

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 8:05 pm   Permalink

Damn!
I love it that there is an internet, and us tiki-freaks can gather together around out virtual tiki village camp fires, and enjoy our Tiki Tribe's virtual Witch doctor's and Shaman's gruesome corpse/art!!

THOR.... U RAWK!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation