[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food need help please
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
need help please
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 09:57 am   Permalink

Hi All, I will be having a lounge set up at Oasis for room crawlers, and was wondering if there was a good recipe that any of you have that includes Lemoncello? I make it from scratch from an old Italian recipe and I would like to make a mixed drink as well.

Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks again

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
palapala
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-23 6:22 pm   Permalink

How about a nice lazy lemondrop?
Not too expensive, and you can make a buttload at a time.
equal parts lemoncello and smyrnoff's citrus vodka..
run a cut lemon around the rim and dip in sugar-drink-repeat...
Depending on the sweetness of your lemoncello, you may want to adjust the proportions...for a little something extra exotic, drop in a lychee..canned is ok, but fresh...Ohmyghod!
OR!
lemoncello and lavender are fabulous together..
spiked lavendar lemonchello-aide.

View Profile of palapala Send a personal message to palapala  Email palapala     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 2:06 pm   Permalink

both sound great, thanks!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 2:31 pm   Permalink

Try playing around with the scorpion recipe. You might be able to create an "Italian Scorpion", one whose zing is worst than his bite?

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 1:06 pm   Permalink

You can make an incredible margarita by replacing it with the sweet and sour.
I never tried a margarita with rum.
A rumarita? Give it a shot.
Have fun!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 10:28 am   Permalink

thanks again for the help!!!!

Amy

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 10:18 pm   Permalink

Lemoncello Bombs!

With Hefeweizen of course....

Sven??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-29 10:53 pm   Permalink

I found this one online:

THE CAPRI

Ingredients Per Cocktail:
1 ounce gin
1/2 ounce limoncello
5 kumquats
4 fresh mint leaves
3 dashes orange bitters
Splash of soda

Preparation:
Muddle 3 kumquats, 3 mint leaves, limoncello and bitters in the bottom of a martini shaker.

Next, fill shaker with ice and add gin. Shake vigorously.

Fill a glass one third of the way with fresh ice, drop in a kumquat, add more ice.

Add the remaining kumquat and cover with ice.

Strain the cocktail into a glass and finish with a splash of soda.
Garnish with a mint leaf.

It might be fun to play around with the recipe and maybe use Cruzan Light Rum instead of gin. Maybe some Cointreau instead of orange bitters. I like the use of the kumquats, though. Makes a cool presentation.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-31 10:43 pm   Permalink

^^ Looks very refreshing Tom. I like the sound of everything hey, I like gin! I know....it's not rum but I can feel the crisp light rum too.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 12:22 am   Permalink

Tom you and your exotic cocktails.... I like

1 rocks glass
1 ice cube
Add good rum to desired level
Enjoy!

May your first child be a Moai child..

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-01 12:46 am   Permalink

I just realized something. Kumquats may be too exotic. I think they're out of season -- something you can only get in the late fall.

Oh well.

After I change out the gin for rum, the kumquats for some other fruit, and the orange bitters for Cointreau it's an entirely different drink.

I still like the martini pitcher, though...

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-01 12:48 am   Permalink

Hinano_Paul's recipe is good all year round!

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 4:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the help, we tried a few of the recipes and did well, we had over 300 people who came Friday and saturday night, we went thru 15 bottles of rum for mixed drinks, 10 gallons mixed rum punch, 5 gallons of limoncello!!! what a weekend!

Amy

ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 6:48 pm   Permalink

...and it was AWESOME!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 08:23 am   Permalink

Question: if I bought some commercially made limoncello, would it taste anything at all like the stuff you guys had, Amy? I know for sure the alcohol content would be way less, all the stuff at the store is only 50-60 proof. And was that a cocktail, or straight up homemade limoncello?

/stealing ideas

Thanks!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation