FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Maikai Gents & Chikitiki This Month!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Maikai Gents & Chikitiki This Month!
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-09 1:11 pm   Permalink

Alooooha, Friends!

We've got some exciting shows this month and we hope you'll be able to come share in the fun!

Tuesday, April 15: Lava Lounge is the place to be. Relax with a soothing tropical cocktail as we play some new oldies and old favorites on the stage decorated by the fabulous artist, Chikitiki! His art and carvings set with our island harmonies create a mood you'll not soon forget and desire to relive. Lava Lounge is at 1533 N. La Brea just north of Sunset. Doors open at 9:00PM and we'll begin soon thereafter. It'll be only $4 to get in, but if you bring our flyer, the price drops another one dollar! Please e-mail us if you'd like to be sent a flyer.

Saturday, April 19th: Iuka Grogg and his ukulele will be appearing at The Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas! The event is Mondo Tiki (
www.mondotiki.com ) and Iuka will spend the day strolling, strumming and singing poolside at Vegas' best swimmin' hole. As dusk settles on the city, he'll take the stage with The Thurston Howlies ( www.cherrycapri.com ) for a set of tropical and jazzy enjoyment! Here are some photos from a fabulous night of music and nuttiness with us and The Howlies: http://www.cherrycapri.com/lavalounge/

Tuesday, April 29: The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa return to Lava Lounge. All the above information applies to this show, too. What fun we'll all have!

These shows are featured attractions on the Los Angeles Times' Calendar Live. Please see http://events.calendarlive.com/top/1,1419,L-LATimes-Home-!EventDetail-71751,00.html

We can't wait to see you and sincerely hope you'll join us for these magical evenings of island ambiance. Aloha attire is encouraged! Until then, sway your hula hips over to www.mkgents.com and please sign our guestbook.

Mahalo,
The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

mkgents@yahoo.com

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-09 1:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha, again! That link to calendar live came out kind of kookoo. If you cut and paste the whole link into your browser, it seems to work fine. Thanks, gang!

-Iuka Grogg

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-09 7:01 pm   Permalink

UGH!! My posse and I will just miss you Iuka!We are heading back north this Monday. Hope to see you at the Tiki Ti tommorrow at 8pm or earlier.--bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-09 10:39 pm   Permalink

I thought the Mike's were on vacation till the 16th? Help me out Pop, right....?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 12:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

thechikitiki wrote:
I thought the Mike's were on vacation till the 16th? Help me out Pop, right....?

Chiki~
Yes, you are right! You, me and Pop were there at Tiki-Ti's the night before they went on vacation (March 22nd).

BRUCE!~ Tiki-Ti won't open again until NEXT Wednesday, April 16th.

Bookmark Tiki-Ti's Website for schedule

I had no idea Bruce & The UGH Bunch were in town!

CalendarCheckin'CaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 07:14 am   Permalink

Shelley and I are flying to Hawaii Friday morning. We're staying in LA tonight. Since Tiki Ti is closed, how about Vic's. Anyone?
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 07:23 am   Permalink

Thanks Chiki/SCD, I knew they were closed for vacation but I just didn't remember the dates. What time are you guys thinking for TV's tonight?

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-10 07:24 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 09:53 am   Permalink

Hey folks, TV sounds fun, but the missus and I were talking last night, and we are going to get our drink on with Suicide-Sam. He needs a break from his workload. Oh yeah, we are heading over to Alex's bar in the LBC on Anaheim st.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 10:16 am   Permalink

I sure could use a Trader Vic's fix right about now, but I'll be working in OC tonight. Sorry I'll miss out. Have a great time in Hawaii! I hope to see those of you who are not in Hawaii on Tuesday at Lava Lounge!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-04-10 10:41 am   Permalink

I'm going to be in Culver City at about 7:30pm tonight, so I would be free and willing to meet you guys at Vic's at 8:00pm if that ends up being the plan.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 9:32 pm   Permalink

The Lava Lounge is gonna be happening on tuesday folks. What will I give away ? Suggestions?

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-10 11:53 pm   Permalink

Chiki - How about making an award or two of your mugs (I hold mine - pausing to grasp and hoist the mug full of nectar aloft right now) the tiki peoples will be pleased. no doubt.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-11 02:16 am   Permalink

floratina has recovered from the o.c. crawl and is back!!! i missed you.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-11 11:00 am   Permalink

Rumor has it that Cherry Capri will be making a guest appearance with The Maikai Gents at Lava Lounge on Tuesday! This is gonna be some show!

-Iuka

Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-14 12:59 pm   Permalink

Rumor Confirmed! Cherry Capri will be favoring us with one of her favorite numbers tomorrow night! Chikitiki is all set with beautiful stage decor and doorprize. Now all we need is you! Crooning, dancing, and audience participation tippling, we're having a luau! On behalf of Peni Hana, Kiwini Hekili Hoku, Mika'ele Loco Moco, and The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa, this is Iuka Grogg wishing upon you the spirit of Aloha. See you at Lava Lounge.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation