FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 9 Tiki Tike Playroom New Info Check the first post!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Oasis 9 Tiki Tike Playroom New Info Check the first post!
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 3:41 pm   Permalink

We have EXTENDED the hours of this room to 8pm!

Starting at 6pm we will be showing DVDs and having a 'chill room' for the kids!

Stop by!
XO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 5:58 pm   Permalink

I know this is for Oasis and thats why we are all going - however if some of with or without kids are doing touristy stuff like for instance Sea world - here is a link to some discounted tickets (and note parking is $10 and I think there is a free shuttle form the Crowne Plaza)
Anyway, the discount where a kid is free with adult ticket seems the best way to go for saving $$$$

check the Mcdonald links - and buy on line (you'll need a printer) I hear the entrance lines CAn be long

http://www.mousesavers.com/seaworldsd.html

SWCFreeKids09, one child (3-9) gets in FREE with purchase of a full price single day adult (10+) admission. (Note there are other "kidless" discounts with this code SWCMCDONALDSSD09 - I think they expire end of September 2009)

Just a thought... I put this near "kids area" as I figured parents may want this more than "others"

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 11:08 am   Permalink

Sneakyjack thanks for the heads up. What a great idea.

Be sure to join King Kukulele’s 6th Annual Children’s Tiki Tour.
Meet the talking Tiki’s of Tiki Oasis. Meet The King K & the gang at the car show on Sunday morning at
10am.

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 9:06 pm   Permalink

This just in: Unlike last year, The Tikiyaki Orchestra will not be there to make babies cry.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 9:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-11 21:06, squid wrote:
This just in: Unlike last year, The Tikiyaki Orchestra will not be there to make babies cry.

Thank heaven for small miracles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75oJfMYQuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t54IPTt0RCk&feature=related

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 6:37 pm   Permalink

hi, do we know of any baby sitters for the weekend? I have had trouble finding any . if anyone knows of a babysitting service or people available, please let me know, thanks

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 04:28 am   Permalink

I have always thought that it would be cool if some enterprising young people set up a baby sitting service in their family's room for Friday and Saturday nights. Bring a couple of board games and a DVD or something and take in a few kids durning the show and parties. I know I would pay if I still had young ones around.
I would say drop them off in Kinny and Squid's room but they would have them go out to the crowd and bum cigs and pan handle for spare change.

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 10:47 pm   Permalink

On Behalf of all the kids (we had about 50 kids in and out this year) who came in to the "Tiki Tike's Room" I would like the thank the following:

Dave "Squid" Cohen
Ken Reznic
Doug Horne
Tom " Big Toe" Laura
Charlie Rose
and Dan Peeler
for creating the custom Tiki Oasis Coloring Pages

Sharon and Gary Moffett of The Tropical Paradice Dancers
for the dance lessons
Dan and Charlie of Peeler - Rose-Peeler Productions for the
Marionette Revue

King Kukule for coming in and playing his Uke and
singing with the kids

The good People of Shasta for suppling the cool drinks on
a hot day.

Otto and Baby Doe for keeping in mind the kids need fun and different things to do durning the week end.

And a big THANK YOU to the Tiki Tyke's Room Crew
Paula Frayo
Ilene and Tom Morgan
Helen and Andrew Halmay

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 4:18 pm   Permalink

Reznic?
Glad the kids had fun!
Thanks to y'all for thinking of the wee ones!
Between the Kid's Room and King Kukulele's Tiki Tour
you have inspired a whole new generation of Tikitykes!
i usually don't like kids
but seeing Joe (TikiJoe'sPop's kid) doing a james brown break dance knock knock joke performance
i now officially like ONE kid!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 4:33 pm   Permalink

Great idea to have us artists donate some art for the little ones. It was fun to see what crayon creations the kids did, some were nice enough to bring them by my booth. Thanks for asking me to donate.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2009-08-24 16:34 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation