FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 1963 Hawaiian Vacation
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
1963 Hawaiian Vacation
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-25 09:41 am   Permalink

Cool, Kate solved the mystery of Bigbro's black and white photo.

A hotel coffee shop, go figure!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 4:39 pm   Permalink

The next page had an odd item on it. The photo of Diamond Head was not taken on this trip but in 1960 and was sent to the Van Oostings by someone named Mary Lou.

Page 12

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 9:38 pm   Permalink

Wow, the gardens at the Chines place look great...the whole place does! Something tells it's not like that anymore...
And someone please find a similar view photo of Diamond Head, but from the 90s, and do a comparison post

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 4:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-26 21:38, bigbrotiki wrote:
And someone please find a similar view photo of Diamond Head, but from the 90s, and do a comparison post

Page 13

Page 14

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 6:50 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kate! Someday I'll post my 1980 trip to Hawaii, but it'll not be as special as this!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 4:28 pm   Permalink

I'm really glad that so many people are enjoying this thread.

Page 15

Page 16

Mo-Eye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 5:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-26 21:38, bigbrotiki wrote:

This one is kind of close:

View Profile of Mo-Eye Send a personal message to Mo-Eye  Goto the website of Mo-Eye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-28 16:28, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I'm really glad that so many people are enjoying this thread.

I believe Coconut Island was used for the opening/closing shots of Gilligan's Island.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 7:52 pm   Permalink

Page 17

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 5:34 pm   Permalink

This next page has some of my favorite graphics. I love those Dole pineapple girls.

I got a good laugh from the suntan lotion manufacturer telling users to apply more after they're done in the sun for the day to moisturize the skin and from the pride that Dole took in the massive amounts of spraying that they did on their crops.

Page 18

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-31 6:25 pm   Permalink

Page 19

Page 20

leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-31 6:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-20 21:34, jensme wrote:
this very neat. they are my grandparents and i never even saw these. thanks for putting them up, i cant wait to see more.
Jennifer Van Oosting Allen

Hey Tiki-Kate did you offer to give Jennifer this scrapbook since these are her relatives? Or did you get it from someone else related to the family?

Nice to see all these images but if I was Jennifer I would personally like to keep something like this in the family--since it seems like the girl didnt even know it existed in the first place.

I just know if my grandparent's Hawaiian vacation album (which I own now) ended up anywhere outside my family I would try to get it back since..well they are related to me.

I was just curious .

[ This Message was edited by: leleliz 2009-07-31 18:41 ]

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-31 8:37 pm   Permalink

Nice One Lady!

Thanks for putting an awkward speed bump into an interesting thread. Questions like that are much better in PM form but I know you have to comment on every thread ever so it probably didn't occur to you.

Hopefully we'll get to see more.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 12:02 am   Permalink

Wow, The Willows, Ulu MauVillage, Dole... they didn't leave anything out, did they. Four islands in two weeks, this must have been a fully travel agency arranged vacation. A text book Hawaii scrap book, I'd say. The balance between photos, personal mementos and brochure graphics is just perfect. After such a trip, no wonder one wanted to continue the fun on the mainland.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-01 07:56 am   Permalink

Kate, thanks for all your work on posting this scrapbook!

Awesome trip down memory lane.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation