FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 7/24/09 Tikiyaki Orch. SHAG DVD Release Screening-Party Fri. 7/24/09 http://www.magickfilms.com/
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
7/24/09 Tikiyaki Orch. SHAG DVD Release Screening-Party Fri. 7/24/09 http://www.magickfilms.com/
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 12:34 am   Permalink

Just got back from Bahooka tonight and this is my first chance to get on TC... (technically, it's Sunday already... so much tiki madness, there's hardly time to do anything else but hang out with awesome tiki people!)

Wow! What a great turn out! And what a great DVD! Outstanding job, Scott!

Mahalo to Murph and Claudia for hosting on such short notice!

Please post more pix, people!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-26 3:55 pm   Permalink

I wanted to express my many thanks to Murph and Claudia for inviting us to their Tiki Fabulous home once again, thank you. Director Scott Mabbutt, our own Joe Banks. Congratulations to you on a film well done braddah! I am sure I speak for all of us in attendance when I say we truly enjoyed the film and we wish you much success.
I was approached by Scott and asked if I would publicize this event and was invited by Murph to bartend again at the Waikiki Womb and I am honored, thank you for the opportunity it means a GREAT deal to me. I hope you all enjoyed the cocktails? "HipHip-O-lious!!
We had a head count of just about 60 people but I thought, no way they are not all gonna show up or are they? You all came wow we thank you, YOU made it happen! Ohana indeed! My personal thanks also to my dear friend Trader Tom who needs to open that bar with me. Thanks to Lynn, my newist friend, Dean and all who helped squeeze the next gallons of lemons and limes. Thanks everyone for all the Rums, syrups and delicious food too. The Boys of Tikiyaki, Thank you Gentlemen for all you do and your contributions.

I sure hope to see some pictures posted soon.

If you would like to purchase a copy of The Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" DVD you may do so here:

http://www.magickfilms.com/
http://dionysusrecords.com/home/
http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=107482909845&h=1DCEI&u=ZKOfP&ref=nf

On Tiki Central: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33260&forum=12&hilite=StereoExotique

Availible also at Tiki Oasis! Please check out the Tikiyaki Vending Booth!

The Tikiyaki Booth, please visit it while at "Oasis" they will have their old and NEW Cd,"Swing Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" all NEW Tee Shirts and also will be stocking Magick Films, Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" Join your host, SHAG, as he takes you on an exotic musical journey with The Tikiyaki Orchestra performing in some of the Western Mainland's most sensational Polynesian palaces! Directed by Scott Mabbutt.

THANK YOU AGAIN OHANA! The "StereoExotique" screening party at the "Waikiki Womb" was a Gas, Gas, Gas!

(Gate of the Waikiki Womb) Passion Flower

"Waikiki Womb Gallons Gone" - 40 gallons

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-07-26 16:52 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 7:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-26 15:55, Hiphipahula wrote:

"Waikiki Womb Gallons Gone" - 40 gallons

We were kinda thirsty.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-26 11:37 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for sharing your place. Really liked the map of the Hawaiian Islands painted in the deck around the pool. Good food, drinks, people, and video.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 08:43 am   Permalink

Aloha Ohana!

Thanks Kevin, Thanks Claudia, Thanks Kelly, Thanks Eric, Thanks Scott, Thanks Mel, Thanks ..., ..., ...,

Had a great time last Friday evening - need I say more?

Friday July 24, 2009 @ Waikiki Womb: WISH YOU WERE HERE!

Thanks! Bewitched By Tiki for the pic - G

[ This Message was edited by: TikiG 2009-07-27 09:46 ]

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-27 10:46 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone for coming out in support of Scott's DVD.
The TC support for a fellow member was unbelievable.
Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Friends, Great New Friends all this excellent Karma
should send this DVD over the top!

Special thanks to bartenders extraordinaire Kelly and Tom!

On a side note.

A few lost and found items:

1. One set of uber cool shades.
2. One pair of flip flops (dude your feet stink!)
3. One pair bright tropical print speedos (these might be Kirbys)
3. One kid's pool safety floaty ring.
4. One small child (was kinda cute in the beginning but is becoming a pain in the ass now.)

so if you're missing any of these items contact the girls at the Waikiki Womb front desk and ask for Lost and Found.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-27 10:46, Murph wrote:

3. One pair bright tropical print speedos

Does the lost and found have some sort of dispersal program for unclaimed goods after they remain there for a certain number of days?

And, are they clean?

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-27 3:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Friends, Great New Friends all this excellent Karma

On a side note.

4. One small child (was kinda cute in the beginning but is becoming a pain in the ass now.)

so if you're missing any of these items contact the girls at the Waikiki Womb front desk and ask for Lost and Found.

Those are Kirby's Speedos! I saw him earlier in them,or Grog's? Grog wear Speedo, anyway they both were wearing them..ummm?... thank god you found them though! Maybe return them to the Rumpus Room

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-27 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-27 11:15, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Does the lost and found have some sort of dispersal program for unclaimed goods after they remain there for a certain number of days?

And, are they clean?

If no DNA match comes up on the skid mark samples they're all yours.

I'll even nuke them in the microwave for you.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-27 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-27 15:04, Hiphipahula wrote:
Quote:

On a side note.

Those are Kirby's Speedos! I saw him earlier in them,or Grog's? Grog wear Speedo, anyway they both were wearing them..ummm?... thank god you found them though! Maybe return them to the Rumpus Room

Did anyone get any pictures? On second thought... Never Mind.

WaikikiWomb

1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 4:35 pm   Permalink

First of all I want to thank Kelly for inviting me..I was trully amazed by the very cool
house and the history behind all the historic homes in the area.Secondly I want to thank
Kevin and Claudia for their gracious hospitality and swank tiki room .Thirdly I want to
thank my date for flaking out and not coming, I had fun without you.The new DVD was great,
and no better place to show case, then at this very cool house.Congrats to Jim , John Paul
and and all the members of TO - the DVD was a blast to watch.Scott you did an amazing job
on the DVD, and you should be proud of your efforts and the end results .I know alot of
time and hard work went into producing this.Aframe nice to meet you and chat with you.
BTW I heard the plantation style house where they shot "Gone with the Wind" is located
up by the Waikiki womb...amazing !!

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2009-07-27 16:40 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 5:36 pm   Permalink

Just signed on...Wow, GROG might say "Waikiki Womb Wonderful" and he'd be right on! Murph and Claudia, Mahalo for being such great hosts. You've created a coolest Tiki Oasis of your own. Scott, the DVD is outstanding. All the work and fun put into it allows everyone to get into Tikiyaki, congratulations to you and the band! How could I forget Kelly and those drinks, awesome! Also big thanks for everyone that provided the good eats! Good times, good times...

Aloha, A frame

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-27 8:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The floaty ring is mine. You can keep the child!

Actually Joe is really a gremlin. He duplicates when introduced to water.

So, what you have there is a copy. Feel free to keep him and put him to work squeezing lemons and limes for the next party. They have nimble little fingers and are good at it.

Just don't feed him after midnight!

Seriously, though, thanks for having us all over. It was a blast!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-28 12:17 am   Permalink

"The floaty ring is mine. You can keep the child! "

Good times! Thanks Tom again.

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-30 03:02 am   Permalink

Hey where's the rest of the pictures? Thanks again all & especially those who made the longer drives, Ron, Chris & Karen, Danny, great to see you too... post the photos!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation