FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving domins dungeon...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
domins dungeon...
domin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-08 7:14 pm   Permalink

the wood on that one i got from my uncles firewood pile. he said he thought oak. definitely not pine but not positive if oak or not

and yep first thing i did down here grabbed an ax and chopped out a handle for a mallet.

still have my big guy from earlier posts unfinished he got stuck in a corner and buried for the last few years with just a few spots to finish carving and sanding left to do. hope to get it done this spring.

5 days left to work on the lono carving almost done just some design work on the center post over the nose, should be maybe an hour or less tommorrow then start on sanding.

View Profile of domin Send a personal message to domin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-09 11:41 am   Permalink

Just checked out your whole thread. Love your originality. The tentacle head is a sick design. Totally inspires me to reach out and smash boundaries. Your lines are clean and your work is super rad. Love it!
www.clouseaux.com

View Profile of AlohaTexasTikiCo Send a personal message to AlohaTexasTikiCo  Email AlohaTexasTikiCo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
domin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-09 5:54 pm   Permalink

got the carving done on my lono today then photos just sanding stain and finish left.

my first time carving in palm, it was interesting. i was going to put them in rotation order but somehow all went in wrong. dont know how to make a looping video or id get 1 pic with it spinning.

View Profile of domin Send a personal message to domin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

YIKES!!! You did that with a handful of nicked up bench chisels and a mallet you chopped out with a hatchet? We are all in BIG trouble!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-09 9:24 pm   Permalink

Fantastico!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-10 06:43 am   Permalink

WOW! Thank you,

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
domin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-13 12:32 pm   Permalink

pretty much finished. think ill add anouther coat of lacquer inside the head dress since it center is so soft and pithy and soaking it up like a sponge. anyways heres a pic.

should lighten after a few more days just did last heavy coat last night and a lighter coat to even it up this morning about 3 hours before the pic.

nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-13 1:21 pm   Permalink

You Rock dude, Just curuious how many hours did it take

[ This Message was edited by: nicework 2015-01-13 13:22 ]

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-13 3:22 pm   Permalink

Nice work mate

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
domin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-13 8:58 pm   Permalink

didnt keep track exactly but id say under 100 hours sitting outside anyway, i take alot of smoke breaks.

around 40days start to finish with at least 4 or 5 days maybe more i didnt even go out a few moredays maybe a few minutes here and there on it then splitting firewood for my uncle for awhile.
never measured but id guess around 3' 3" tall by around 8" on the bottom skinny end.

never got around to adding anouther coat inside the top, could use it, but at least whats soaked in so far has hardened it up some, i could push my thumbnail right into it before.

but i enjoyed myself with what id did on my winter/Florida vacation. 70 and 80 degree weather beats the hell out of teens and 20s back home in Indiana.

edit...just wanted to add the finished cropped views

[ This Message was edited by: domin 2015-01-31 21:01 ]

nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-14 06:32 am   Permalink

Thank you Brother. Love your style.

DHTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-14 07:52 am   Permalink

Completely and absolutely beautiful. Nicely done...

View Profile of DHTiki Send a personal message to DHTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
domin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-29 4:35 pm   Permalink

not tiki but thought id share this pumkin headed walking staff i made for a guy for his Halloween wedding.

domin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-26 2:53 pm   Permalink

here is a new one pretty much finished, i think we are going to paint it and a may carve a bit more once i get the other one ive started pretty far along

and a start one another. both a bit over 5 feet tall

around 17 or 18 hours on the first and around 6 hours in on the second so far

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-01-27 06:48 am   Permalink

Looking good. What kind of trees were they?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation