[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Spa Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Spa Tiki
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 2:23 pm   Permalink

I am SOOOOOOOOOO there...

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 3:16 pm   Permalink

Here's part of a article on the Spa Tiki, Bosko, and more; this's only the part that mentions Spa Tiki:

Spa Tiki
"Another sign the new tiki boom is making inroads with a new generation can be seen in Spa Tiki, the new day spa in the stylish Harbor Club condominium towers downtown. It has thatched-hut treatment rooms for massages, facials, pedicures and manicures; balms, ointments and skin-care products from the Pacific islands; a tiki statue by Bosko in the entryway and hallways lined with Bosko tiki masks.

"The spa's lounge with its beautiful bamboo furniture, fountain and flooring has become such a showcase for upscale tiki style that clients tell principal partner Katherine Stuart that they want to re-create the lounge in their own homes."

The article also mentions a new Tiki themed restaurant opening in San Diego, and Tiki tours by Marc Menkin.

This's the link:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/projects2/homeimprovement/20030727_tiki.html

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 5:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Reverend,

Welcome to Tiki Central!

While some may scoff at a Tiki-themed spa, I think it is the ultimate in Spa treatments. I gotta say, that me an mine had a wonderful experience there and if I'm gonna go to a spa, this is the one I would pick.

Peace and love to all,

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-05 5:32 pm   Permalink

If this place has a fitness room and some nice hiking/jogging trails nearby - I Am There!

View Profile of scigirl Send a personal message to scigirl  Goto the website of scigirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-15 11:38 am   Permalink

I *finally* visited Spa Tiki this past weekend. It's much bigger than I'd realized -- two stories. It was a last-minute thing, so I didn't schedule anything fancy, they just squeezed me in to get my legs waxed. There are more tikis there than I thought there would be, too. I learned while I was there that some of the investors in Spa Tiki are also investors in the brand-new Mister Tiki's, which is within walking distance. The place feels more like a high-end spa with some tikis stuck in it than a richly-themed Polynesian paradise with some massage tables stuck in, but that's probably going to appeal to a larger audience anyhow. Why is it that spas are all so dreadfully dull? They aim for relaxing, and when they end up with sleep-inducing, they think they've succeeded. I wish I could find a spa that was fun.

I've updated the record in Critiki, with lots of picures:

http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=370

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-15 2:58 pm   Permalink

Like I posted somewhere else , "You guys in SoCal have the neatest Tiki Stuff " Another reason for us to move out there...Dream on

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-15 5:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-15 11:38, Humuhumu wrote:
I wish I could find a spa that was fun.

Come on over to my bar!

Thanks for the update Humu2

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 09:59 am   Permalink

For our Anniversary my Wife bought one of the couples packages for us at Spa Tiki. I can't wait to see/experience the place. I'll give you my report after we go. Maybe not the full report, but a report all the same.

A question for those of you who have been: With the couples package, you get to pick which massage you want. I'm leaning toward the "Tiki Massage" (huh), but which massage do any of you recommend?

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki on 2004-06-22 10:03 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-23 3:08 pm   Permalink

Hey MachTiki,

I had the Tiki Massage which was great. I also had the Jungle Mist and some kind of peticure recommended by my wife. My feet are pretty sensitive and the wahine doing the job was pretty rough, but hey at least my feet were clean!

The staff is young and good looking in a Baywatch kinda way. I'm sure you with both have a great time.

Let us know how it goes.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 1:08 pm   Permalink

Head Shrinker and I went to Spa Tiki Thursday.

Moms gave me a spa certificate. That is why I went. Nothing metrosexual occured and no manscaping! My toe knuckles are still hairy!!

Mrs. No wanted me to get "that freaky skin thing" removed from my foot and my "freaky huge stelagmite pinky toenails reduced. "Babe, that is man stuff. We need that to survive in the wild!" I said.

Anyways, complimentary mai tais and/or beers, sexy broads with "the cleave" hanging out.

After my two mai tais I was kinda wondering about having my toenails painted up, either dark blue metalic or silver.

entrance

goofballin

two mai tais down

Hmmm??

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 01:59 am   Permalink

Has anyone been in the last 2 years?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation