FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island III @ Freaky Boutiki Gallery: Closing Reception Photos
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Island III @ Freaky Boutiki Gallery: Closing Reception Photos
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 09:14 am   Permalink

Freaky Boutiki is proud to announce the inaugural exhibition

Saturday August 1 - Friday September 4, 2009

of Freaky Boutiki Gallery on California's historic Route 101 in the heart of Old Mission Beach.

In association with Tiki Magazine, Freaky Boutiki Gallery will host Tiki Island III - A showing of works & the creative processes of artists including:

PAIPO, MARK SWANSON, BENZART, DREW BROPHY, SQUID, VIN MAN, MIEKO, BABALU, MUNKTIKI, ATOMIKITTY, HEADHUNTER, BOSKO, KINNY RUZIC, ERIK THE RED, BOWANA, BIG TOE, WAHINE TONI, 4WDTIKI, HODAD HANK, TIKI OMAR, REESNIK, BOB HO, PAISLEY, JOHN PAUL BALAK, HEATHER WATTS, TIKI TONY, GECKO, MP, & more...

Visit us during TIKI OASIS and don't miss our artist reception the first Friday in September!

CLOSING RECEPTION 9/4/09 6PM - 11PM
VINTAGE COCKTAILS SERVED next door at GUAVA BEACH & SASKA'S.
JAWAIIAN GRINDS by JAMROC101 Caribbean Grill.
DJ SHUFFLE spinning from Freaky Boutiki Sonic Archives.
FREAKY BOUTIKI 10th Anniversary Shirt Giveaways.

FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY
3740.5 Mission Blvd
Mission Beach CA 92109
(858) 488 4924
(Free parking available at Santa Clara Point, steps away from the gallery.)

Watch this space for previews...

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-08-18 11:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-09-13 17:20 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 09:48 am   Permalink

Hank, Thanks for including me among your list of Excellent artists, I will do my best to get you some of my finest works.
Wish I could be there in person but Know that I AM there in spirit.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 01:16 am   Permalink

Hodaddy has got it goin' on! The new Freaky Boutiki Gallery is awesome and will be chock-full of good stuff.

Now if I can just get this sculpture finished in time...

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 02:08 am   Permalink

Spot on Squidster! Nice, you captured it perfectly I'd say. I'm enjoying seeing all the art you have created, I waited in great anticipation for a long time. Now where's the Tiki cowboy kitty

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 02:47 am   Permalink

Finally I get to show my stuff alongside many of my favourite TC artists! STOKED! Big thanks to hodaddy for pulling this together (and for giving me a prod where/when I needed it).

Sir Squidly - that is one of my favourite ever pieces of Oceanic art. I think I've seen about 3 of these now and they're one of the only figurative designs I've seen in stone by PNG artists. I've had this one saved for a long time now but am yet to find the time to do a pebble version:

Not only is it a sculptural masterpiece in stone, but it's so weird and cool looking too. Trust you to pluck that guy out of the ether! Where does the straw go?

I was glad to hear I'm not the only one going hard up against the deadline, but unfortunately I won't be able to drop my last-minute entries off in person. Like Ben, I will have to represent in spirit form.

and seeing we're doing sneak previews...

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2009-07-27 02:49 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 08:24 am   Permalink

Squids
that Zoomorphic PNG guy has always intrigued
Paipo-didn't realize there was more than one!
it pays to hang out with the cool artist kids!
Glad you tackled this fellow,Dave
only your skills and whimsy could pull it off in clay!

Hank-Thanks again for taking the artkids out to SanDiego for a Summer Vacation!
Can't wait to see the explosion of Art from the Hodaddy Realm all fancy and gallery-like!

DJ Shuffle ,too!?!?!?

Couldn't ask for a better venue OR curator!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 08:32 am   Permalink

Paipo! Yeah, I love the little fella. Good to see another shot of one. You would do him much justice so get crackin'!!!

Virtual hanging out with Paipo and Benz will have to do...for now

Hipster- Thanks. Cowboy boot comin' up...

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-27 09:30 am   Permalink

YEAH!!! I gets to be in a Show with the BenZ and Piapo!!!! This is sooo sweet!! Hank, thanks for the opportunity. Your space for the show is really nice, I can't wait to see it set. I've got a few older works and a few newer works going to be in this one. I'll post up some pics a little later on.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 1:09 pm   Permalink

BUMP!
gonna have this in the show...
"Migration"

C'mon Babs!
Other arteests!
Let's see what'll be all purdy and on display at the show!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tropicali*honey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 1:33 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to go check it out.
Hoping to get down there opening day after going to the horse races.

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 10:16 am   Permalink

hopefully you'll win big at the races
and be able to put some down on some
Tantalizing Tiki Art at the FBGallery of Wonder!

C'mon fellow artists,carvers,sculptors,and weirdos!
post some of the delights that will be gracing the walls on Tiki Island!

Here's another one Hank took down to the gallery last week!

"the Lost Hut"
acrylic,paintpen,and puffpaint on wood

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 11:22 pm   Permalink

Stuff's looking good folks. Very tired now. Motor skills failing. Thank God for Charlie and her delicious Lychee soda pop! mmmm...

I feel like a Aussie Shepard rounding up the stragglers. Arf Arf!

I can't really complain about artists waiting till the last minute since normally a show of this magnitude would have been planned months ahead of time, and as an artist myself I know what nail biting trauma I've put art directors, curators and gallery owners through. I can take it! Hahaha... In fact, errr... I'm pretty sure Christy at Oasis goes into convulsions at the mere mention of my name.

Well, they don't call it a "soft" opening for nothin! Hey, what did you expect from a gallery you can wear a wet suit or bikini to? As long as you love art, bring your wallet and take something cool home with you, it's all good.

Will post some preview pics tomorrow. Only two days left!!!!!

Yes Kinny, You remember Shuffle. Can you believe I got DJ Mother Freakin' Shuffle to rotate at the closing reception Friday September 4th?? Truely magical.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-07-29 23:25 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 11:30 pm   Permalink

Pretty sure this fella would sound just like Jackie Mason. Hope you glaze one in blue. lol!

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 11:51 pm   Permalink

wow..Looks like its gonna be a great show!!

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 08:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-29 23:51, kirby wrote:
wow..Looks like its gonna be a great show!!

You've got a couple pieces in the show too Kirby! Surprise!!!!!

Also some wearable art from GOTIKI! Surprise surprise!

I just got a box of fun from Brad Parker too, the contents of which I'll be bringing to Oasis and available at Freaky Boutiki... Surprise surprise surprise!

Just heard from Benz and Paipo and I think everybody's gonna be knocked-out when their goodies arrive. Better late than never, and plenty of reasons to see this show more than once! Like a giant art amoeba it is destined change shape throughout it's life.

I'm going to try and co-ordinate something with the Menkins to get a periodic shuttle moving from Oasis to the Gallery. That would be nifty.

BYO 3-D glasses!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-07-30 09:11 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation