FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island III @ Freaky Boutiki Gallery: Closing Reception Photos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Island III @ Freaky Boutiki Gallery: Closing Reception Photos
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-27 17:25, hodadhank wrote:
Plenty cool stuffs at da FBG!

Rare and discontinued jars from elusive ARTIST X

Who the heck could THAT be?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 10:08 am   Permalink

i think TikiDan carved that one...
or maybe Buzzy!

The missus and i will be heading up early to see the Oceanic Arts Exhibition at the museum
and then down to the Boutiki !
YAY!

Who else is comin?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 1:27 pm   Permalink

I am! Can't wait to see my friend Cotton Top and celebrate his head being still attached!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 2:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The missus and i will be heading up early to see the Oceanic Arts Exhibition at the museum
and then down to the Boutiki !
YAY!

Sir K,

The mother-in-law and I went to see the museum show last weekend. I very much enjoyed it (buy the book - $25). The show was small, but large in content. The 3 png drums there are very tasty... Add time on to tour around a bit....there is much to see besides the Oceanic stuff. This will be fun shooting the shit about the museum with you this weekend....

Hank,

See you FRIDAY brother!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 9:58 pm   Permalink

See you all Friday! Really looking forward to it!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 01:54 am   Permalink

Hank, Thank you for the friendly welcoming down at your gallery monday
after Oasis. So good to meet you and quite a shocker you putting up a couple
of my art pieces in the show. What an honor to be in there with all those great artists.
We were in Mission Beach for our Oasis stay and what a blast we had. Thanks again, MP

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 2:14 pm   Permalink

Nothing lasts forever kids, and so it is with the wonderful colaboration between Tiki Magazine and FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY forever to be known as TIKI ISLAND 3 (AKA The Best Tiki Island This Year).

Closing Shindig Starts at 6 PM!

Be sure to start off with a cocktail from Guava Beach or Saka's to get your wallet lubricated for some old fashioned art patronage.

Here's your chance to show these creative cats and kittens you support their efforts to keep the spirit of tiki alive and well in the 21st Century by purchasing their artwork, Meet normally skittish and reclusive denizens of the nocturnal art world in their natural habitat...

...and satiate your appetite with tasty Jawaiian treats from Jamroc101 Caribbean Grill.

Wicked Jamaican Patties...

Scumptious Plantains

and delicious FESTIVOLS (no photo can capture their glory) which are kinda like a sweet Jamaican version of a hushpuppy...

... and I'll be busting out my precious bottle of scotch bonnet just for the occasion. Hot stuff! OHHHHHH LLLLOOOOK OUT MAN!!!

DJ Shuffle insists you'll be grooving thoughout the evening to the sounds of Lee Morgan, Arthur Lyman, Ape, The Del-Tones, Jerry Byrd, Dexter Gordon, Don Tiki, The Ventures, Herb Ohta, SSSU, Les Paul & Mary Ford, Cal Tjader, The Pyramids, New Hawaiian Band, Clouseaux, Dizzy Gillespie, Tak Shindo, Jack Nitzche, Truus, Red Norvo and plenty more...

We recycle, so feel free to bring your plastic...

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 4:21 pm   Permalink

YAY!

Skittish and reclusive!?!?!
Heck yeah!

HEY HANK!

What Oceanic books you got leftover from Oasis at the Boutiki?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 6:48 pm   Permalink

The private collection of William Ockelford Oldman was recognised as one of the most comprehensive and most important collections of " artificial curiosities" in the world including pieces brought back by Cook himslf.
The Oldman Collection of Polynesian Artifacts contains 100's of artifacts cataloged and photographed in late 19th century B&W.

The carved Pare is a unique book that documents for the first time Maori carved door lintels from marae thoughout the country and from oveseas. Tons of amazing images!

Pacific Encounters brings together for the first time many stunning Polynesian objects collected by voyagers and missionaries during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. 270 items are illustrated gathered from the major regions of Polynesia including 288 pages of color illustrations and maps.

The first comprehensive book of Maliaittan, Solomon Islands decorative and body arts featuruing intricately carved turtle shell, white shell, pearl shell, strings, straps, money beads, combs and patterned plant fiber. 148 pages with illustrations artifacts and amazing vintage photos!

Sculpture, headrests, body adornment, clubs, containers, tools and fiber work make from across this island kingdoms culture are brought together in one book for the first time. A culture of vast influence throughout Western Polynesia almost forgotten due to missionary devastation. A must read with awesome pics!

All manner of barkcloth patterning from the islands of the Pacific. Spectacularly photographed. A ESSENTIAL RESOURCE for pattern buffs! If you don't own this book you are missing out.

[/quote]

I am shortly to recieve more copies of ever popular Hawaiian Sculpture and the first comprehensive compilation on the war shields of Melanesia, and will post when they arrive.

Those interested in these particular titles should PM me before Friday as supplies will otherwise be limited.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2009-09-02 18:54 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 08:06 am   Permalink

Dear Santa......

I think if i let the wife buy a bathing suit
she'll let me buy another book!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 3:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-03 08:06, little lost tiki wrote:
I think if i let the wife buy a bathing suit
she'll let me buy another book!

Compromise is right across the street Kinny.

... and while she's shopping you should be buying this... Isn't it time you cranked your collection up a notch with this ONE- OF-A-KIND PNG inspired ant eater fetish hand built by legendary sculptor Squid!

This beauty will be the centerpiece of any serious art lovers modern primitive collection. I am quite suprised it is still available and whomever takes this home will be very fortunate indeed.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 09:16 am   Permalink

BUMP!

Do you have any BOOKS on PNG anteaters?

gettin ready to make the trek
to the SDMA for some Oceanic madness
and then down to the Boutiki for a night that will be FREAKY!

Got the truck a-packed with LLT and Toe art!
See youse there!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 09:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-21 14:42, Matt Reese wrote:
So, who's coming down for the closing reception? Sounds like fun.

On 2009-08-21 15:33, squid wrote:
Quote:

ME! Hank promised a sweaty deli tray and a bottle of Night Train for all the artists!

mmmmmmm!
a Night train Deli tray!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 10:28 am   Permalink

SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT:

The gallery will be openning after two pm today and staying open till eleven PM for Tiki Island 3 Closing Reception. Hope to see you there.

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-04 1:42 pm   Permalink

See you all soooon!!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation