FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Randy of Waitiki visiting SF this week - Wanna hit tiki spots? 7/30 or 7/31/09
Randy of Waitiki visiting SF this week - Wanna hit tiki spots? 7/30 or 7/31/09
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 09:59 am   Permalink

Okonkuluku!

I'll be coming to SF this week with Helenini and would like to hit some tiki bars... Anyone free Thursday or Friday evening?

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 10:15 am   Permalink

It's "International Flight Lounge" at Forbidden Island on Thursday, hosted by TC's own DJ The Jab. Always a fun time and great music. Weekends get crazy at FI, so I would strongly suggest Thursday. You could make a mini tour by hitting Trader Vics (Emeryville) or Conga Lounge (both have great happy hours), Kona Club and then Forbidden Island.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 10:47 am   Permalink

Hey Randy, welcome to the Bay Area!!

I need to check the schedule with Bill (Mai Tai) ... but if we can make it, we can pick up Suzanne at BART and meet you at any one of the Bay Area Tiki Bars. Forbidden Island is our favorite venue. Sorry, they're all like kids and I know we're not supposed to play favorites.

Suzanne, sorry to make plans for you on your behalf...but thought you'd want to hang if you're available.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 5:35 pm   Permalink

Okonkuluku!

Looking forward to seeing you and Helen. East Coast represent!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 07:09 am   Permalink

I think we're going to start off at the Tonga on the early side, like around 5:30, and then make our way to Vic's... I'll have some WAITIKI merch with me in case anyone wants/needs to catch up on their CD listening or comic book reading...

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 9:43 pm   Permalink

Correction: meet at Tonga Room between 6-6:30. Look forward to seeing whoever's around! Otto will be there, and I think Hanford and Suzanne too?

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-29 11:37 pm   Permalink

I'll be at Tonga by 6:30
then chauffeuring our esteemed east coast contingent to the lovely archipelago of Emeryville for some original Mai Tais at the original fountain of the Mai Tai, aka Trader Vic's, then, if we are still walking, on to the island of Alameda for some International Flight Lounge-ness

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2009-07-30 5:18 pm   Permalink

FYI -- Emeryville Vic's is closed tonight, we just called them.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-07-30 17:18, hanford_lemoore wrote:
FYI -- Emeryville Vic's is closed tonight, we just called them.

They're closed for "Kitchen Renovations" through 7/31, so they should be open again on Saturday.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-31 09:14 am   Permalink

Great seeing you guys at FI last night! Randy, It was really nice meeting you. Thanks for the CD.
Looking forward to Waitiki "live at Forbidden Island"

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation