FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Retro Elevator Mock-up Project
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Retro Elevator Mock-up Project
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 12:18 pm   Permalink

At the urging of TC's own Little Lost Tiki, I'm posting this because he thought some of the 'ohana might like to see it.

My daughter Caris is a first year interior design student. For her final project in her summer class, she has had to come up with a theme, then design and create a mock-up interior for an elevator. Because she's surrounded by tiki culture all day long in the shop (House of Tiki), what else would she design but a tiki/mid-century modern themed elevator?

I'm pretty proud of her efforts for a few reasons:
1. She promoted the use of sustainable resources (bamboo wall & floor coverings)
2. She's promoting and perpetuating the Tiki Culture/Lifestyle to a new generation.
and 3. Well, she's my daughter, so pride by default.

According to Liloti, it's a pretty "swanky" elevator. We take that as the highest compliment! Mahalos Kinny...you're awesome.

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mick9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-07-28 12:29 pm   Permalink

Great work, I wish I could ride in an elevator like that with some robert drasnin music playing quietly in the background.
Love the mini shag prints on the wall.

View Profile of mick9 Send a personal message to mick9  Email mick9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 1:02 pm   Permalink

We need this at the Hanalei Hilton for Oasis!
i'll say it again....what a Swanky elevator!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-28 1:19 pm   Permalink

All elevators should look like that...

I'm giving her an A+

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-28 1:57 pm   Permalink

Up & down in tiki style, groovy!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 2:09 pm   Permalink

Pretty cool! I especially like how she made faux bamboo from craft sticks. Nice mask art, too - very authentic retro vibe.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 2:14 pm   Permalink

Awww..you guys are terrific. Mahalo nui for the kind comments. Caris and I appreciate them!

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 2:38 pm   Permalink

This is awesome! Makes me want a tiki elevator to ride down in to get the tiki bar.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-28 3:17 pm   Permalink

The problem with an elevator like that is that you wouldn't want to leave, and eventually security would have to be called. Great job!

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 12:37 pm   Permalink

I should forward it to my dad, who constructs elevator shafts
The bright colours are a refreshing change from the claustrophobic stainless steal interiors that elevators usually have. Good job!

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

Thats awesome! Nice work. Make sure you let us know how she gets marked

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-29 10:07 pm   Permalink

OTIS would be proud!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 06:13 am   Permalink

This should have SHAG carpeting!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 06:53 am   Permalink

This makes me want to take all the clothes out of my walk-in closet and convert it into a "standing room only" tiki elevator so I can listen to my exotica music as my imagination escapes into the womb-like tiki palaces of my mind.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-30 07:53 am   Permalink

1st stop...THIRTEENTH FLOOR!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation