FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events 2010 Southern California Slack Key Festival
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
2010 Southern California Slack Key Festival
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-27 10:30 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello and support the event! Kari~ you're Mom is a total sweetheart (I'll trade ya)!
Hopefully next year the turn-out will be a little stronger and the weather will be a little warmer:)
Next on the "tiki" agenda...Ben's "garage sale"! Yaaaaay!!!!

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kalakoa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-30 08:54 am   Permalink

Aloha and BIG mahalo to all who came out to the Festival!! It was PACKED! Couldn't have asked for better weather after all the rainstormin' we'd been having, a total bonus, especially for the vendors. Thanks to Doug and Swampfire Lounge for being a part of it!

I really appreciate all who take the time to email me or give me their feedback in person - that's what will continue to help make this event the best it can be. In the end, all I truly hope for is that everybody left feeling that they had a good time and got some real value for their money.

Congrats to Kari Hendler of Tiki Magazine who was the 2nd Prize winner in the "Spirit of Aloha" Benefit Drawing and won a Big Baby Taylor guitar, a private catered luau and a one year subscription to Acoustic Guitar magazine!!

Special thanks to Jeff (BTD) for coming out and for your support of the event!

View Profile of kalakoa Send a personal message to kalakoa  Goto the website of kalakoa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-30 8:31 pm   Permalink

Happy Chi Stacy, I like my mom too much to trade, but you she is available for party rentals.

I can't believe I won such a cool prize! And I even play the guitar, so... wow! Maybe this will magically make me a better musician. Thanks so much, Mitch! And thanks to my pal, Rebecca (yes, Purple Orchid Rebecca) for tellng me that she was positive she heard my name called during the raffle drawing.

Yes, Big Tiki Dude, we need to pump this concert up even more for next year, since it's such a fun event. Outstanding musicians, a night-before party at Trader Vics.. AND there's great Hawaiiana shopping for everyone! Added bonus: The Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center is close to Tony's on the Pier AND The Purple Orchid for your post-concert merrymaking.

Mitch is going to be producing several other events this year, including the Aloha Fest to be held this October in Redondo Beach! I have NO DOUBT that some of you Tiki artists might like to sell your unique wares at that event. It's AFTER The Hukilau and AFTER Tiki Oasis. What a great way to continue to feel some aloha spirit into the fall season!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation