Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Buff-Fertility God
Buff-Fertility God
BUFFBAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-05 08:59 am   Permalink

This one was a challenge. Splitting a palm log and gluing up the pieces to form the legs was a challenge. Did I break any TIKI carvers rules by doing that... ??? Oh Well. I had this idea for a witch doctor / shaman / fertility god concept.

As the carving progressed I started to put a towel around the little guy to avoid any conflicts with the neighbors.
For once a full body Tiki that stands up well without being top heavy.

A closer view to show the parts that were glued together from the same palm blank which was very dry with a fair amount of
cracking/splitting.

I had to make a sacrifice to Gods by eating Barbecue Baby Back Ribs to get the bones for the necklace. Also I used one of my bone Tiki carvings so the Tiki is wearing a Tiki.

Back side view.

For modesty I got a straw table decoration from the party store to keep the little guy covered up.

I still need to put some more jewelry on him especially something for his ears. Thanks for looking.

KEEP YOUR CHISELS SHARP AND YOUR BANDAIDS CLOSE

BUFFBAD
(final poolside pics to come later)

View Profile of BUFFBAD Send a personal message to BUFFBAD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-05 09:09 am   Permalink

I love the story lines , nice job Buff.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation