FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS vendors who have cool stuff but aren't allowed in the artists alley!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS vendors who have cool stuff but aren't allowed in the artists alley!
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 1:00 pm   Permalink

I noticed theres a lot of "Hillbilly Squabble" going back and forth about a few vendors who are not allowed to spam their wares in the Artists alley. Fair enough. (I don't want to step on any toes!)
I must admit there's some funny goin's on over "yonder" in that Artist Alley, but I personally don't really speak hillbilly, and definitely don't have any farm animals on hand. I am more of a surfer who is stoked on the theme of this years event and excited to attend and vend. I am also a shop owner who normally doesn't do alot of "Roadshows" mostly because I don't want to take business away from those who don't own a brick and mortar store. (And also because I want time to go around, mai tai in hand, perusing all da 'kine arts and craftiness!) Many of the vendors I know and respect are true artists with amazing stuff who eek out a living by tirelessly traveling around the country showing off their goods.
That being said, how 'bout a place for the OTHER vendors who want to show previews of the stuff they will be peddling at Oasis? Has this been done? I did a search and couldn't find anything specific. I have been checking out some of this years vendors and what they have for sale and know for sure I need to stop at the bank on the way down to grab some extra "kala".
Aloha, Wes

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 1:11 pm   Permalink

Howdy Wes! Of course there's always been a place for non artist alley vendors to post their wares. Just like you're doing now. I started the artist Alley thread to focus on us as a group since this is a new area at Oasis. Don't feel like you're being left out.

Post away! Let's see the House of Tiki goodies!!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 1:12 pm   Permalink

YEEHAW!

Way to go,Wes!
Now BigToe will have a LEE-JIT-TIMATE place to show his paintins!

We'll try ta keep the Livestock away frem the uther venders!
Junior!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-06 13:00, shakatiki wrote:
I noticed theres a lot of "Hillbilly Squabble" going back and forth about a few vendors who are not allowed to spam their wares in the Artists alley. Fair enough. (I don't want to step on any toes!)
I must admit there's some funny goin's on over "yonder" in that Artist Alley, but I personally don't really speak hillbilly, and definitely don't have any farm animals on hand. I am more of a surfer who is stoked on the theme of this years event and excited to attend and vend. I am also a shop owner who normally doesn't do alot of "Roadshows" mostly because I don't want to take business away from those who don't own a brick and mortar store. (And also because I want time to go around, mai tai in hand, perusing all da 'kine arts and craftiness!) Many of the vendors I know and respect are true artists with amazing stuff who eek out a living by tirelessly traveling around the country showing off their goods.
That being said, how 'bout a place for the OTHER vendors who want to show previews of the stuff they will be peddling at Oasis? Has this been done? I did a search and couldn't find anything specific. I have been checking out some of this years vendors and what they have for sale and know for sure I need to stop at the bank on the way down to grab some extra "kala".
Aloha, Wes

Wes-
your mug here is BEA-u-TI-ful(and I'm not speakin'Hillbilly either)!
Will you be selling it at the T.O? I'd like to know the price so I can see if it's in my budget this time around. Thanx!- Rosered

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 10:11 am   Permalink

We'll add to the 'cool stuff by vendors not in the Artist's Alley' thread..

Here are some new mosaics we've made.

We're also making a very limited (4) run of pendants. Each one is hand made from glass, mounted in metal and protected with a shiny resin coating. This is our interpretation of the Luau 400 logo and we're also making a few (5) Kahiki Pendants.

And finally we've got some shirts, embroidered with logos of a few of our favorite long-gone Tiki establishments. Again, we only have a limited number of these. The folks who pre-ordered them from us, we got ya covered. Otherwise it's strictly first come, first shirted.

Oh, and a mosaic of Bruce Lee, the famous surfing tiki guy....

Cheers, and we'll see you at Oasis. Just not in the Artist Alley.

ch

p.s. That's one cool looking mug, shakatiki!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-10 10:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-10 10:11, cheeky half wrote:
Cheers, and we'll see you at Oasis. Just not in the Artist Alley.

WoooHoooo! Can't wait to see you

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 10:55 am   Permalink

Killer Bruce Lee Action!
WHAAAA-KOW!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 1:45 pm   Permalink

Figures..Guy opens with "Hillbilly Squabble" and Squid is the first to respond..
Excellent stuff!!

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 1:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-10 13:45, slapbass wrote:
Figures..Guy opens with "Hillbilly Squabble" and Squid is the first to respond..
Excellent stuff!!

G'wan...step over that line there Mr Slapp Bass. Heck I don't even like fish! Specially when it's been slapped! G'wan... Git!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 2:00 pm   Permalink

you needin sum backup,Pappy?

squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 2:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-10 10:11, cheeky half wrote:

OOOOH Maggie! That is awesome!!!

shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-07 16:59, RoseRed wrote:

Wes-
your mug here is BEA-u-TI-ful(and I'm not speakin'Hillbilly either)!
Will you be selling it at the T.O? I'd like to know the price so I can see if it's in my budget this time around. Thanx!- Rosered

Aloha RoseRed!

Oh ya...we'll have the Shakatiki Green at Tiki Oasis for sure. Tiki Central Ohana price is $20.00 (listed online for $25.00). We'll see you there!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 11:54 am   Permalink

We have lots of goodies new and old were bringin

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kustomtiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-11 12:20 pm   Permalink

I'll take 2!,see you at Oasis!

View Profile of kustomtiki Send a personal message to kustomtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 3:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks LLT KEEEEE-Yiiiiiiiiiy!

Squid can't wait to see some of your awesome wares and hear some of your tantalizing tuneage!

Woohoo, I feel a WoooooooooooHooooooooooo comin' on!

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation