[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Aug 17 - 31: Hartford, Worchester, Pittsfield
Aug 17 - 31: Hartford, Worchester, Pittsfield
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-06 9:33 pm   Permalink

Hi folks,

I'll be in the Northeast for the last 2 weeks of the month on a working vacation. While I don't expect to find any tiki, I'd love to meet some locals from the areas to get a local's view of the land.

And good local eats (local brew, dishes, etc). Emphasis on the food stuff.

Please email me.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki 2009-08-06 21:40 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 12:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Liz,

There's a few places in Worcester that have a LITTLE tiki left in them (Ken Chins is one of the better ones. GREAT food). Most were "renovated" in the 80s and the decor was all torn out. If you can get out toward Boston, there are some GREAT spots. Places we hit on the Northeast Tiki Tour every year. (Kowloon, Bali Hai, South Pacific, Mon Kou)

Up outside of Springfield, MA (about 1/2 hour north of Hartford) the HuKeLau in Chicopee still has a Polynesian floor show and some good decor (its no mai kai, but what is?) Food is pretty good, but the drinks are TERRIBLE...and pretty much booze-free.

As far as Hartford, you're S.O.L. on tiki there, but for good eats, there's some great little spots outside the city.

What exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help hook ya up.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-13 1:20 pm   Permalink

Pittsfield is pretty close to Lenox, which is the home of Luau Hale, where the northeast Tiki Retreat was held this year.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-14 10:22 pm   Permalink

Worcester is also crawling with cool eateries. Several diners, George's Coney Island Hot Dogs, Wonder Bar, Dino's & many more.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-14 10:41 pm   Permalink

Just so you know, it's pronounced Wistah!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation