FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Tattoo Artists at The T.O?
Tiki Tattoo Artists at The T.O?
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-07 5:07 pm   Permalink

Anyone feel free to chime in here...

I know at Rockabilly weekenders there are Tattoo artists(ie; Viva Las Vegas), but I am SPECIFICALLY looking to meet inkers who specialize in Tiki Art.

Will there be any vending at the Car Show or Marketplace???

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 10:43 pm   Permalink

I'd be even more intersted in tattoo artists that specialize in native tribal tattoos, i.e. Tahitian, Maori, Hawaiian, etc.

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 05:21 am   Permalink

As far as I know I've never seen a tattoo artist vending at Oasis, however, there are a ton of tattoo shops in the San Diego area. Some may even be good

Come to think of it, I've been to the last 4 VLV's and the Rockabilly Rave and I've never seen a working tattoo artist there either. Hawleywood's Barber Shop wasn't even allowed to cut hair at the Gold Coast, due to health dept. regulations.

[ This Message was edited by: Jason Wickedly 2009-08-12 05:24 ]

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 11:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-12 05:21, Jason Wickedly wrote:
As far as I know I've never seen a tattoo artist vending at Oasis, however, there are a ton of tattoo shops in the San Diego area. Some may even be good

Come to think of it, I've been to the last 4 VLV's and the Rockabilly Rave and I've never seen a working tattoo artist there either. Hawleywood's Barber Shop wasn't even allowed to cut hair at the Gold Coast, due to health dept. regulations.

Hmmm, I thought they did. Maybe I got it confused with the Sin City Stomp. Thanx for the tip Jason!

BTW-I got my 1st tattoo (an "x" on my ring finger) when I was 18 at Ocean Beach!

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 1:02 pm   Permalink

Although I did hear if you give BigToe a bottle of india ink, a needle, and a ballpoint pen he does a mean prison tattoo.

I got my first at a shop across the street from the Orleans in Las Vegas. By the next time we went back, the shop was (not surprisingly) long gone.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 6:06 pm   Permalink

You might try inquiring at the Finkniks Booth-

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=20765&forum=18&start=0

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Mama
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-13 1:20 pm   Permalink

You can try Tattoo Gallery in Huntington Beach. Jasin, aka Sin is Hawaiian and does amazing work, and he can collaborate with you to design something original and beautiful! They are on the corner of Beach Blvd. and Adams, next to The Pen (a bar). 19921 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach, CA 92648 - 714-969-4700. Good Luck!!

View Profile of Hula Mama Send a personal message to Hula Mama  Email Hula Mama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-13 9:48 pm   Permalink

i will be doing prison tattoos at Pappy Hagglers from midnight to 2am. every tattoo comes with a complimenterary suckling pig. lol

actually Dave at the Finkniks booth is a PHENOMENAL tattoo artist, but i doubt he can legally tattoo at his booth...but his trailer will be there all weekend (hint hint).
The finkniks are inside across from GHOULIGANS HUT.

Quote:

On 2009-08-12 18:06, Aloha John wrote:
You might try inquiring at the Finkniks Booth-

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=20765&forum=18&start=0

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-14 10:32 pm   Permalink

Dave from the FINKNIKS has done work on me and is fast, accurate and gentle... he sometimes calls himself Angelo Veloce (speed angel) but seriously his work is awesome... highly recommended and his shop Avalon II is only 5 mins from Tiki Oasis..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 10:37 pm   Permalink

thanks guys that means a lot from the two of you!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-13 13:20, Hula Mama wrote:
You can try Tattoo Gallery in Huntington Beach. Jasin, aka Sin is Hawaiian and does amazing work, and he can collaborate with you to design something original and beautiful! They are on the corner of Beach Blvd. and Adams, next to The Pen (a bar). 19921 Beach Blvd. Huntington Beach, CA 92648 - 714-969-4700. Good Luck!!

"X"clnt idea! Thanx Hula Mama

RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 4:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-19 16:26, RoseRed wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-08-13 13:20, Hula Mama wrote:

"X"clnt idea! Thanx Hula Mama

...and Big Toe and Tiki Trav!

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-21 11:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-14 22:32, Tiki Trav wrote:
Dave from the FINKNIKS has done work on me and is fast, accurate and gentle... he sometimes calls himself Angelo Veloce (speed angel) but seriously his work is awesome... highly recommended and his shop Avalon II is only 5 mins from Tiki Oasis..

Dave from the Finkniks has inked me too!
a few years ago the day after Tiki Oasis!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-22 12:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-12 05:21, Jason Wickedly wrote:

That's an almost impossible permit to obtain and I'm pretty sure the Hanalei would want nothing to do with it. Trae from Pricz Tattoo in Las Vegas was trying to get something organized and it was one red-taped brick wall after another. EVERY station has to have a bio-hazard sink and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Would be cool to see that happen in the bungalos where we had our first carving village, though.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation