Posted: 2003-04-13 08:10 am   Permalink

Anybody got any info??!!
I've seen one or two on ebay,
presumed vintage. Does anyone know
where I could get my hands on one,
new or used. I have Atomic Tiki
making a custom tiki for me presently
for my new Orange Dream Cruiser 2 that
should be arriving from the factory in week or two. I think that will be far cooler than
a chrome one anyways but now that I can't find one, it's DRIVING ME CRAZY! Any help appreciated.
Mahalo!

View Profile of miss.stacey Send a personal message to miss.stacey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-13 08:52 am   Permalink

Welcome Miss.Stacey to TikiCentral!

FYI for those not knowing right off the bat as to what a Dream Cruiser is:
Chrysler PT Dream Cruiser Limited Edition Series

Again, welcome, and we hope that your interest in tiki goes beyond the stickshift!

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-13 6:57 pm   Permalink

Welcome miss.stacey. I too, have seen those shift knobs on eBay. Not sure who makes them but they don't look vintage to me.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-13 8:54 pm   Permalink

I beleive you can get them on the "hot Rods of norco" store in california they did use to have them on their old catalog also check the mooneyes catalog. they got crome Tiki shiftknobs too!! good luck , Kreepy tiki jaksin

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-13 9:35 pm   Permalink

Got Tiki Knobs? I checked out: 1)www.barbsstitchintime.com (carved wood tiki shift knobs)and
2)www.Go-Kat-Go.com (resin tiki shift knobs)

Aloha

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-14 08:11 am   Permalink

Did somebody say HOT ROD?!!

miss.stacey, is the Dream Cruiser an stick, automatic or autostick? That makes a big difference in your choices for aftermarket shifter knobs. You can use just about anything on the stick shifters, there are a few limited choices for the auto, and so far, none of the aftermarket stuff works with the autostick .

I recently got a 2003 PT Cruiser GT, and sorely wanted one of these. But alas, that button on the autostick shifter rules that out.

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-15 6:31 pm   Permalink

YOur best shots would probably be at mooneyes (the previous poster already included a link), or at the Kulture Shoq shop.
http://www.kultureshoq.com/

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
miss.stacey

Posted: 2003-04-15 7:56 pm   Permalink

My cruiser is here! (457 of a 7500 run) It has a tangerine orange pearl coat (how polypop is that). I have already secured a vanity plate "PTTIKI" and have a custom chrome lisense plate frame being made that says PT TIKI TURBO. Top that with orange tiki performance vinyl saying "Aloha" in the back smoke windows and I'm good to go. I think Atomic Tiki's shift knob will be great. Thanks for all the help. The chrome knob on Mooneyes is cheap and UG-LY! The one I've seen that piqued my interest was more a simple Maori style.
Mahalo,
Miss Stacey

View Profile of miss.stacey Send a personal message to miss.stacey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation