FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 12:50 pm   Permalink

If you are not aware of what this applies to, see Kari's thread that announced this raffle for Marina and to win this sketch done with rum as the medium!! It smells so good it will make ya REAL thirsty!! I had fun burnin' this out! I tell ya though, rum ain't easy to paint with!! It fights ya like a cheeky British wench being netted and hoisted a midships! I used half a bottle of flame reduced 151 Lemon Hart and about 1/4 bottle of Cruzan Navy Blackstrap Rum. So, the paint wasn't cheap!! (Ya..I drank a wee too!)

Thanks for the ones who supported this so far! Thanks MARINA TOO for holdin' yer breath long enough for me to paint this lil' thing! There MAY be time left to win this still. We have done well! Here is my contribution in RUM as promised. Put this behind glass and in a nice frame that looks like the aged wood of the wreck Bar's interior and this is a really fine relic!! If Marina cannot make it to Oasis, We will show this at Oasis and then Matt this piece and send it to Florida for Marina to sign as well. I will be personally dedicating on the Matt too...then we will ship the result to the raffle winner as promised. See the thread that started this here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32838&forum=17&hilite=thor

~~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: thor's 2009-08-09 14:40 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 12:57 pm   Permalink

wow

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-09 12:58 pm   Permalink

Nice!!!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 1:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ernie!!! It's a little loose...but hell , it's rum!! HAaaa LOve your pig by the way!!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 1:03 pm   Permalink

Holy crap that is awesome!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 1:08 pm   Permalink

Has Mariana seen this?? Incredible THOR !!

[ This Message was edited by: 1961surf 2009-08-09 13:14 ]

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 1:39 pm   Permalink

Haaa No surf!! I have been so dang busy with shrunken heads and other art I just knuckled down and spent into the wee hours doing this last night. (the rum was out..so I just lit it and grabbed a brush!! I just wrote her to let her know!! I am not sure if we reached enough to get her to Oasis...but it wil all go to her for her trip promised next year if not.

Kari or I will draw for the raffle at Oasis! I think Kari should cuz between shrinking heads and rum soaked fingers, she has a purdier hand to reach into the basket!!

Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 2:11 pm   Permalink

Fantastic painting, Tom. That's one tipsy canvas. Congrats~ Can't wait to see what Marina thinks!

-Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 7:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks Andy!! It may be lickable!! Take that Willy Wonka!!! Sorry Marina! I mean that in the utmost respect!!! Come to think of it...I agree with Willy!! "Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker!"

KuKu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 7:23 pm   Permalink

NICE Tom!
I gotta try to win this as it will go great with my Hookalau Bubble Bar and Oyster's Pearl THOR originals. Hey get Marina a plane ticket and she can stay with The Oasis Tiki Underground...

View Profile of KuKu Send a personal message to KuKu  Email KuKu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:08 pm   Permalink

gorgeous!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

My entries are rigged to win ....right?... hello???... Tom??? ...is this thing on???

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:28 pm   Permalink

Ofcourse Dave!! lol I put tacky glue on your raffle ticket and it's sure to stick to Kari's fingers and produce a "RANDOM' win!! Tee heee ( Man if you do win I am in BIG Dutch here on TC now!)

Good Luck Bruddah! You too Kinney!!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 9:44 pm   Permalink

Great Painting Thor, absolutely stunning.
I hope I win.
I bought 2 raffle tix.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:09 pm   Permalink

Jeff!!

I hope so toooo!!! Just don't light a match until this is framed behind glass!!! It's like a scratch and sniff rum explosion a waitin' to happen!!! HAaaahhhhhhhaaaaa

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation