FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:10 pm   Permalink

Well, this is the first time I have laid eyes on Thor's latest rummy masterpiece and... auwe no ho'i e!! Makes me wish I could enter this raffle! But I can't, since I'm one of the organizers! (Thor being the other evil mastermind behind this plan to help out our fishtailed friend, Marina.)

Hey Ohana, we're still keeping this raffle going for a few more days! I will be arriving at Tiki Oasis late Friday night, and will bring raffle tickets with me. Thor will be too busy selling his fabulous shrunken heads and his other glorious merchandise, so if you want to buy raffle tickets FIND ME AT TIKI OASIS on Friday night or Saturday. Or, you can send me a check in overnight mail (so I get it by this Thursday).

Questions? P.M. me here on Tiki Central.

The drawing will take place sometime Saturday afternoon and the winner will be announced and/or phone called.

Aloha nui loa to all who have supported this good cause for great art raffle.

~ Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:10 pm   Permalink

Well, this is the first time I have laid eyes on Thor's latest rummy masterpiece and... auwe no ho'i e!! Makes me wish I could enter this raffle! But I can't, since I'm one of the organizers! (Thor being the other evil mastermind behind this plan to help out our fishtailed friend, Marina.)

Hey Ohana, we're still keeping this raffle going for a few more days! I will be arriving at Tiki Oasis late Friday night, and will bring raffle tickets with me. Thor will be too busy selling his fabulous shrunken heads and his other glorious merchandise, so if you want to buy raffle tickets FIND ME AT TIKI OASIS on Friday night or Saturday. Or, you can send me a check in overnight mail (so I get it by this Thursday).

Questions? P.M. me here on Tiki Central.

The drawing will take place sometime Saturday afternoon and the winner will be announced and/or phone called.

Aloha nui loa to all who have supported this good cause for great art raffle.

~ Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:28 pm   Permalink

Why stuttering stone fish!! Karianna said that twice!! Which means WE MEAN BUSINESS (not Monkey) HERE!! HAaaaaar If ya haven't yet..buy that ticket!!! The odds are not that high and I swears ya...lick this paintin' and you will not need to go to a room crawl, NO HOW and I bet my good eye at that!!
Ohh and Kari..I will paint ya in rum too...no worries...just get into yer best wenchy pose and hoist me a grin and I will light up the 151 before you can slip a whoopey cushin under Hassan's Bahooka booth!!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-09 20:28, THOR's wrote:

Good Luck Bruddah! You too Kinney!!

Who the f&*$ is Kinney? And how much did HE pay you?

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:33 pm   Permalink

You don't want to know what Kinny did, Dave. Really. You don't.

Hoist yer kimono, Tom. Thar be squalls ahead. (I have no idea what that means, but it sounds delightfully smutty.)

~ Kari

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:33 pm   Permalink

Kinney? You know!! His other A.K.A is like.."Lil'Lust Pee Pee" or sumpin'!

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:38 pm   Permalink

HAAAA I am a hoistin' the Kimono!!! Thank God it's summer weather! Is it really a full moon?

Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:44 pm   Permalink

Apparently at YOUR house it is, Tom!

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:50 pm   Permalink

Throw me a beach ball and we will make an eclipse sure as day!!!

Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 08:00 am   Permalink

The light! So bright it burns my eyes! Ahhhh!

Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-10 9:50 pm   Permalink

WOAH!!!
OMIGOSH!!!!
I'M COMPLETELY SPEECHLESS- The Rum Painting is AMAZING!!!!
What a beautiful tribute to such a beloved bar- I'm so honored.

Thank you so much to THOR and Kari (you two are such grand forces of tiki ohana) as well as to all of you Tiki Centralites for all your amazing enthusiasm and for so kindly taking part in such a generous gesture!

I'm floored beyond explanation. Deeply touched. *Happy sigh*.. .gosh, I love you guys...

I certainly kept my fins crossed regarding the opportunity to attend Oasis with you all for the first time in 2009.
Alas, economic choppy seas have it very difficult to come out this year for Oasis. Some great money was raised, but not quite enough... rest assured, the clams collected will placed in my underwater treasure box so that I may swim up to Oasis next year when life's seas become calmer.

In the meantime, I can hardly wait to see who gets to take my "Rummy Doppelganger" home with them!

Again, my most heartfelt thanks to all of you absolutely priceless Tikiphile Nutters.

I WILL "SEA" YOU NEXT YEAR!!!

Ah~ mahalo, Mahalo,MAHALO!!

Your Mai Tai Wahine O Ke Kai

~Marina~

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 7:08 pm   Permalink

THANKS SOOOOOooOOOO much Marina!!

Well in this deal we may not get ya here this year but I tell ya..NEXT YEAR we will dig a hole in the lawn at the pool side and pop in a BIG viewing portal and see ya do that thing ya do!!

This has been a really great venture and way to work together as Ohana here. What goes around comes around...and the more we do this here the more we all start vibrating in our flip-flops with the energy and fun. I gladly donated this rum painting for this cause and really enjoyed the fun!..I mean RUM...no..I mean FUN! I do wish we all got to see ya this year, but this economy is a beach! We sold pretty well but we did fall short of enough to transport a mermaid 3,000 miles..give or take a swimming pool. NO WORRIES!! The money goes into your Oasis treasure chest for safe keepin'! We will see ya next year with SHELLS ON!!

I want to thank all that pitched in here or who still may before the drawing Saturday. I appreciate the aloha spirit dearly as well. For this year, we have a rum painting with Marina peeking at us from the timeless waters of the "Wreck Bar". May the best Tikifite WIN!!! See ya all at the Oasis!!

~~~THOR

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2009-08-11 19:09 ]

Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-11 9:28 pm   Permalink

I second what Thor says. And we hope that what we've done will encourage others to give back and help out in creative ways. Tom (Thor) came up with idea to create a painting to raffle off. I banged the jungle drum to get people to buy tickets. Teamwork, people.

And if any of you are still interested in entering this raffle, come and find me Friday night or Saturday during the day. Someone can usually point me out... "Hey, do you know where that Tiki Magazine writer wahine is?" They'll either stare at you like you're crazy or they'll point you in the direction of a brunette with a camera around her neck.

Mahalo again to everyone who has bought tickets so far and has cheered this thing on. See you all in a few days!

Much Aloha from Tangaroa-ru (aka: Kari Hendler)

PS: Tom... you own vibrating flip-flops? No wonder you're always so calm.

Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-17 06:25 am   Permalink

The winner of THOR's Rum painting is revealed!
Click on the link below...

http://party.tikibartv.com/video/congrats-to-thor-rum-painting

Again, thank you Tom, Kari & all of you wonderful tiki ohana!!

I WILL "sea" you at Oasis in 2010!

Your Aqua-Exoticat,

~Marina~

[ This Message was edited by: Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! 2009-08-17 08:13 ]

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 09:21 am   Permalink

I sencond the Congrats!!! Thanks for support!!! Glad ya won Sabu!!! Winks to ya Marina!!..thanks for holding your tail still long enough for me to paint while under the "finfluence"....of RuM~~ Warm Aloha's!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation