FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
here it is!! thor rum painting of marina at wreck bar!! for raffle at oasis!!! good luck!
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 09:45 am   Permalink

And I "third" the congrats! And thank everyone who bought a ticket (or ten)! Marina, we can't wait to see you frolicking in the Oasis pool next year! Tom, your painting was beyond gorgeous. Sabu, you must be basking in the glow of your prize.

~ Kari

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 10:12 am   Permalink

SABOOBY!!
A great person to win this.
I also heard you get a date with Marina?
I want photos!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 11:42 am   Permalink

Sabu the Coconut Boy! Buddy... remember coming over to my room for a drink? Awfully nice of me... wish there was a way to show appreciation... a gift perhaps... something rum related for the rum I shared... I'm just saying...

Congrats, man! That painting is awesome!

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-17 7:36 pm   Permalink

Marina - Thankyou for the congratulatory phone call and video! I'm beyond honored to have your likeness welcoming guests to my home tiki bar. The painting is stunning. Under glass, in Tom's custom frame, it feels like I have a view through port-hole at the Wreck Bar itself. So glad you're going to make it to Oasis 2010.

Tom and Kari - thanks for putting together this raffle. What a fantastic idea to raise Mermaid Transportation funds. I appreciate what an honor it is to own an original Thor painting and believe me, it will have THE place of pride in my tiki bar. The fact that it's one of my absolute favorite Thor paintings just makes it all the better. When I checked my messages Sunday and learned that I had won the raffle, I let out the loudest whoop and sprinted across the hotel grounds to the THOR store like I didn't even have a hangover! It was icing on the cake of a perfect Oasis 2009. Tom even showed me some of his secrets on how he gets paints with rum and gets that beautiful palette of brown tones. You can pop the back off the frame and get a good buzz just sniffing this painting.

Unga - I do get a date with Marina, but because it takes place underwater, it only lasts as long as I can hold my breath, which is about a minute and a half.

Thanks again Tom for the gorgeous painting.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 8:49 pm   Permalink

Congrats Tim on this splendid masterpiece that THOR created .

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-18 12:36 am   Permalink

Congrats Sabu,
you da man,
I am jealous.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation