[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Eng's, Tallahassee FL
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Trader Eng's, Tallahassee FL
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-11 5:30 pm   Permalink

here are a few omc shot glasses from engs..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-05-11 5:37 pm   Permalink

http://tikiroom.com/img/6644x4a08c31e.jpg

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-11 6:07 pm   Permalink

RonTiki,

Nice shot glasses. I never knew Trader Eng's had mugs. I grabbed your photo to post here rather than on a link in case it goes away (RED X)

Here is another Trader Eng's mug from Ooga Mooga.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 5:40 pm   Permalink

Check this out, I just scored a postcard from the Trader Eng's in Dallas. Very cool interior scene with the bamboo drop ceiling, waterfalls, tikis and lights.

Some close ups

The back of the card

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
debo

Posted: 2009-11-13 11:27 am   Permalink

I really loved seeing the Pictures of the Tallahassee restaurant. After I got out of the army in late 1973 I began an 18 year career as a carpenter and the first place I ever worked on was Trader Eng's. The restaurant had been there since the late 60's and was owned by Walter "Huck" Huckabee who lived in a building behind it. Huck was one of the best bosses and finest men I ever knew. In 1973 and '74 he expanded the place by building the large carport pagoda in the front and the new bar pagoda to the right of that in the pictures. I learned so many interesting construction techniques on that job that I was never able to use again in the ensuing 18 years. I also did all of the decorations in the bar so I really appreciate those pictures too.
tom d

View Profile of debo Send a personal message to debo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-20 4:42 pm   Permalink

Spotted this Trader Eng's menu on The Bay. A rather unique Tiki on the cover.

Looks like an early Elvis hair-do! Any background on where this style came from?

Some images from the menu.

The hibachi rooms.

Drinks

Back cover hula girl.

A "Tiki Reviver" post.

DC

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-16 11:14 pm   Permalink

Trader Eng's had a plate (seen on ebay).

Now all we need is a swizzle!

DC

Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 8:05 pm   Permalink

Trader Eng's in Tallahassee in 1964 from the Florida Archives
Quote:

Trader Eng's Hibachi Steak House at 2814 Apalachee Parkway in Tallahassee, Florida.

Owned and operated by Walter England Huckabee Jr., the restaurant was later sold and became Lucy Ho's. After that it was named King Buffet.

Strangely, there's two other entries with Lucy Ho's at 2813 Apalachee Parkway. ?!

There's also a couple of Mai Kai photos in the Florida Archives site. Not sure if they're available elsewhere.

[ This Message was edited by: Philot 2013-04-29 20:09 ]

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikigoob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-10 6:29 pm   Permalink

The old Trader Eng's building in Tallahassee burned down last night.
Blindy The Pirate took this photo today.

The building had been abandoned for quite a while.

View Profile of Tikigoob Send a personal message to Tikigoob  Email Tikigoob Goto the website of Tikigoob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

A news report and more pictures...

http://www.wtxl.com/news/fire-damages-abandoned-tallahassee-restaurant/article_513d01ce-389c-11e4-8645-0017a43b2370.html?mode=image&photo=9

View Profile of LostIsland Send a personal message to LostIsland  Goto the website of LostIsland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation