FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Room Crawl Hosts - Ice Ice Baby
Room Crawl Hosts - Ice Ice Baby
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 8:51 pm   Permalink

If you are hosting a stop on the crawl for the first time, believe me, you will need way more ice than the hotel ice machines can provide.
With already nearly 300 crawlers they will be taxed beyond their capability.
I recommend coolers full of ice purchased off site.
Just a word of advice.

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 9:08 pm   Permalink

hear hear...7 eleven sells bagged ice that's between cubes and crushed... That's the best type to use.

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 10:05 pm   Permalink

nice to see somebody is thinking ahead.

cheers to that.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 10:11 pm   Permalink

Check into bagged ice from Sonic Drive-in, too. Here (Dallas area), they're selling it for $.99/10 lb. bag. It's that crunchy nugget-style ice, much better than cubes for making drinks. And when the drink's finished, you can chew it, if you're one of those ice chewers.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2009-08-10 22:15 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-10 11:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-10 22:11, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Check into bagged ice from Sonic Drive-in, too.

We only have 1 Sonic in San Diego county right now. It opened a couple months ago and is about 20 miles from the hotel. They have a few more planned and under construction in the area.
The next closest one is in Anaheim, maybe 85 miles away...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-11 12:16 am   Permalink

HA!!! Even podunk El Centro has a Sonic! (but they charge $1.69 for 10 lbs of ice instead of $0.99)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-12 07:44 am   Permalink

Ye be warned

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hangtentiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-08-12 09:01 am   Permalink

###Hello Everyone - from the right coast. Although I've been seriously lost in Tiki and Surfing for over fort-five years, this is my first post! I'm an - under the radar type, anti-social, reclusive, old school, cranky old bastard - writer. Anyway, I didn't get to surf Mission Beach during Tiki Oasis 7.
Is there a chance in hell that anyone will be surfing Fri morning and would include this East Coast Kook in the mix? I'll give you a FREE copy of my new book - "Bed Time Stories for Surfers" and/or CASH! At least come by the book signing or look me up before hand to talk story and say "Shaka Dude," during the Oasis.

### Sorry I stepped in it! Maybe next time I can post correctly.

[ This Message was edited by: Hangtentiki 2009-08-12 11:32 ]

View Profile of Hangtentiki Send a personal message to Hangtentiki  Email Hangtentiki Goto the website of Hangtentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation