FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki oasis 2009 POST Pics here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki oasis 2009 POST Pics here
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-22 9:50 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-22 11:34 pm   Permalink

Pics from the Bonomo's:

Concert Ready

Wish this was in my backyard

Aloha

No explanation needed

My gal lounging in our lanai

Tana The Tatooed Lady

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Not actually the EXACT same shirt after all, as we later realized. Crazy Al's lacks the rainbows. Still, pretty damn close!

No No No!!! I've Got Rainbows! I'VE GOT RAINBOWS!!! not seen in the pic... this was the first 'Hawaiian' shirt I bought when I was 18 in Scottsdale AZ at 'Yellow Front' sporting goods store! Later I'd were this 'outfit' to most Swingin'Tikis (Guys who first called me CrazyAL) gigs in my twenties here in CA... the other shirt was picked up at a vintage booth at the Catalina Tiki Fest... That APE played at!! small island isn't it???

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 12:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2009-08-24 21:57 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 1:00 pm   Permalink

how do you delete a post anyway???

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al 2009-08-24 21:57 ]

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 5:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Billy the Crud carving a tiki.

I heard that in the Pacific islands, the tiki carvers are considered holy people, and it's good and proper to give them offerings. Apparently this translated, in Tiki Oasis terms, to random people buying them drinks!

[ This Message was edited by: Hazel Chaz 2009-08-21 14:56 ]

Actually, yes......a had a couple of people bring me beers to quell the hangover from Friday night. The drinks increased on Sunday when I was carving in my boxer shorts. Now that this information is out, I'll expect more offerings next year as I bring to life another graven image of Ku, Pele, Akua-Kai, or Kanaloa.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 9:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:
__________________________________________________________________________________

No No No!!! I've Got Rainbows! I'VE GOT RAINBOWS!!! not seen in the pic... this was the first 'Hawaiian' shirt I bought when I was 18 in Scottsdale AZ at 'Yellow Front' sporting goods store! Later I'd were this 'outfit' to most Swingin'Tikis (Guys who first called me CrazyAL) gigs in my twenties here in CA... the other shirt was picked up at a vintage booth at the Catalina Tiki Fest... That APE played at!! small island isn't it???
___________________________________________________________________________________

HAHAHA! Al - you felt so strongly about this subject that you had to say it, and POST it, three times! Okay, okay, you have rainbows, YOU HAVE RAINBOWS! We'll take your word for it. Regardless of rainbows, it's a great shirt with a great story.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kitty 2009-08-24 22:58 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 08:32 am   Permalink

you are your own rainbow....

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 2:25 pm   Permalink

Yeah, "Rainbow Al".

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 5:08 pm   Permalink

I didn't get any rainbows. I kinda avoid them, man.

This is part of my collection from this year.......

I know it's hard to fathom, but there's a TON more on my Myspace page. Go there and enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 5:27 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, all who posted pictures. It's one of my favorite things about this site, to catch a few glimpses of the events and enjoy the nice combination of fashion and form the lovely ladies share with us.

Thanks.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-25 17:08, Billy the Crud wrote:
I didn't get any rainbows. I kinda avoid them, man.

This is part of my collection from this year.......

That is just great. She's smiling for the pic and I am busy skankin'!!!!! Really, I was skankin' I swear heard the Skatalites coming from someones room!!!!

Bastid!!!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 8:01 pm   Permalink

some cool photos here taken by Charlie Lee!

http://charlielee.smugmug.com/Photography/Tiki-Oasis-9/9326759_bjnRu#625478192_3sk9M

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 10:15 pm   Permalink

The above image makes me smile! Babydoe, thanks for the link to those other images! Somebody actually caught us trying to rock out our twist routine. We didn't win this year, but look out Tiki Oasis 10!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 10:48 pm   Permalink

Hey! I recognize those cocktails!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation