FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki oasis 2009 POST Pics here
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki oasis 2009 POST Pics here
Hazel Chaz

Posted: 2009-08-25 10:52 pm   Permalink

Michael and Theresa Contos found these tiki coolers, and he used colorful model paints to decorate them festively. Michael remembered us from AniZona earlier this year.

People were ready to start partying again Saturday afternoon. Up in Frankie's Tiki Room party, Thee Swank Bastards were performing, complete with hula hoop dancer in front.

Vixiana was in the party room where all they had left were Captain Morgan and Coca-Cola, and Buffalo Sweat. Given the choice, take the first one.

Saturday evening, down on the lawn, the Devil-ettes were dancing on stage. I couldn't quite get all nine of them in the same shot. I didn't know there was a dance that goes along to "Tequila" -- now I know better.

Later on, in one of the ballrooms, the Devil-ettes were showing a movie and talking and handing out leis. I took a lei from "The Knockout" and moved on.

Saturday night was the last night to party. A number of rooms were open for "after parties" meaning after the music and burlesque show is over for the night. So they opened at 10:00 pm or so. (In sci-fi or anime convention terms, think "after the masquerade.")

At the Smuggler's Cove party I met Rebecca Cate and Martin Cate.

"The Preacher's Daughter" was drinking that night with her friends.

Mieko Sunbury recognized me from last year -- and I think she's the one who also saw me two weeks ago at Costume College.

Rex the Impossible has a glass eye, making for an unusual eye-patch.

Tangaroa-Ru had a party, on the ground floor, that I'd wanted to check out, and I'm glad I did -- she was serving up Mai Tai Jell-O. Tasty stuff. I signed the guestbook giving her my own recipes for Margarita Jell-O and Pina Colada Jell-O (which aren't quite as strong as her recipes).

At the Zen Tiki Lounge party, I ran into Pumpkin Zen, and "John the Boyfriend" -- you can see here his shirt almost blends into the wallpaper. Some parties had festive wallcoverings, and this was one of them, complete with some black velvet paintings elsewhere in the room. They were pouring two drinks here, one "sweet" and one "sour."

Meanwhile, Trader Tom had made his own hibiscus syrup, and was making "Hibiscus Hula" drinks in free souvenir "Don Ho" glasses.

I ran into Not-a-bitch Ginger and Sabu the Coconut Boy, who were enjoying the festivies in (I believe) Frankie's Tiki Room.

Upstairs, the line for the Pajama Party stretched halfway down the balcony, full of people in their PJs waiting to get in.

I wasn't dressed the part, so I gave it a miss after snapping a few shots of the line.

Overheard when Tana the Tattooed Lady got onto the elevator, and some of the little kids were looking up at her in wonder: "It's okay, I'm a mermaid."

Ukulele player on the elevator. I didn't get everyone's names, especially for my elevator shots. Can someone help me out, please?

When I headed back towards my room, someone was bringing a surfboard onto the elevator. I decided to wait for the next one.

You wouldn't think you could lose track of a tiki this big, but for several hours Sunday morning, this tiki chair was sitting in the Motel 6 elevator.

On Sunday, I took a look at the newly-built ballrooms at the Crowne Plaza. They haven't finished getting the access ramp ready, so if you're on wheels you'll need to go around to the other side. They also haven't added any new tiki decorations.

Dixie Von Trixie was in the indoor dealers room with the "Wear it Again Sam" booth.

King Kukulele was on the phone, and had swapped shirts with Otto. Kukulele is the convention's toastmaster. "Otto Von Stroheim" is the chair of the whole convention.

Otto had Kukulele's shirt, because he wanted to look sharp for an interview. I didn't catch the name of the photographer or the interviewer.

And shortly after that I ran out of battery juice. Rather than fish a fresh set of out my luggage, we opted to head for home.

View Profile of Hazel Chaz Send a personal message to Hazel Chaz  Goto the website of Hazel Chaz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-25 10:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-25 22:15, chrisandsarahb wrote:
The above image makes me smile! Babydoe, thanks for the link to those other images! Somebody actually caught us trying to rock out our twist routine. We didn't win this year, but look out Tiki Oasis 10!

Wow! Would have loved to have seen your whole dance!
Great shot & nice moves, yous two~

Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-26 11:37 am   Permalink

Had a awesome time at our third Tiki Oasis!

My pictures can be found here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157621940120731/

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unsteadyfreddie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-26 7:50 pm   Permalink

SORRY FOR THE DELAY.....

BUT HERE ARE MY PHOTOS FROM THE TIKI OASIS 2009 WEEKEND IN SAN DIEGO

ENJOY!!!

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

THE LINK:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/unsteadyfreddie/sets/72157622030536701/

(C)2009 UNSTEADY FREDDIE /// ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

View Profile of Unsteadyfreddie Send a personal message to Unsteadyfreddie  Email Unsteadyfreddie Goto the website of Unsteadyfreddie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-27 12:47 am   Permalink

There's a GREAT story behind the chair in the elevator

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-27 1:35 pm   Permalink

Tiki Oasis in the LA times on Sunday. Pick up a copy!

also if you know the folks in this photo gallery please let them know they are represented here!

http://www.latimes.com/features/image/la-ig-0830-tikibooth-pictures,0,4139528.photogallery

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-27 10:24 pm   Permalink

Thank you Otto and Baby Doe! My first Oasis and I had a great time! Thanks also to Shelley, volunteers, room crawl hosts, drink makers, seminar givers and performers. All your efforts combined to make an incredible experience.

3/4 of the Wrecking Crew

Kiki and Domenic

Jeremy and Shelley

Palate cleansing between rum tastes

Suzie sandwich

Sneaky Ben clandestinely slapping Frankie's stickers on girls' backs

JT and Shelley

Ray in his ultra-swank pj's

Pink ladies

Packing up is so sad

But there's always next year...

[ This Message was edited by: Koitiki 2009-09-08 11:25 ]

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-28 12:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-19 20:19, tikitony wrote:

More of Alene's Modern Tropical Ocean

To see more of Alene's Modern Tropical Ocean: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27260473@N08/sets/72157621961656307/

tOny/Alene
great work, thanks for posting it cause I never got around to shopping and missed your stuff
now I have to mailorder it!!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 05:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-27 22:24, Koitiki wrote:

I was wondering if a photo of these would surface. Wow, those are loud.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 08:40 am   Permalink

Amen to that!
such a gentle quiet guy
with loud pj's...
SHAM-POW!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 10:55 am   Permalink

Mango has PASSED THE ACID TEST

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-28 3:04 pm   Permalink

More of the crawl...

The Lemoncello Lounge.

Cult of the Eye.

The volcano erupting. Yes folks this is inside of a room.

Room crawl burlesque...

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 4:23 pm   Permalink

is Mr. NoName related to Eden Ahbez...hes got the look DOWN PAT

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-28 05:04, TikiMango wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-08-27 22:24, Koitiki wrote:

I was wondering if a photo of these would surface. Wow, those are loud.

You know, Ray Anthony, infamous for his "Bunny Hop" but oh so gifted with his other works, was/is known as "All the way Ray." Well, YOU, Ray went all the way on this ensemble.

Sock it to us, right on & Cheerio, man!

Andy

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-29 11:16 am   Permalink

Damn who's room party was that with the volcano and the topless dancers ?
How did I miss that one -damn! Looks like real good times there.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation