FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Milana's Little Grass Shack is now completed!! Enjoy!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Milana's Little Grass Shack is now completed!! Enjoy!
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-14 08:27 am   Permalink

Aloha friends - well, my wife Valerie never ceases to amaze me. She's always been into woodworking, but now she's really outdone herself!

3 months in the making, 1 major illness along the way, 2 trips to Oceanic Arts and about 100 trips to Home Depot.....and finally --- Milana's little grass shack is finished! Our 4 year old daughter is gonna love spending time in here.

There's not a thing that she didn't do entirely by herself. I basically just provided the uke accompaniment for inspiration, while sittin on my butt.

Now if I can talk my wife into building me a thatched hut recording studio....

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-14 4:59 pm   Permalink

Such an awesome looking hut, and we only get one pic? MORE PICS!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-15 12:50 pm   Permalink

That looks great, reminds me of McHale's Island, where do you hitch up the PT boat?

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-15 6:45 pm   Permalink

You gonna rent that out to the general public? I'd live there!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 1:20 pm   Permalink

That's just beautiful.

Once again I'm happy to discover the eye for detail people on Tiki Central have and the desire to see a project done in an exceptional manner.

Of course your problem now is your missus did this for your four year old...The bar has been set pretty high for future projects.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 9:10 pm   Permalink

Tony & Valerie,
It was nice meeting you at Amy's party on Friday night. My wife & I had only viewed Milana's little grass shack on my blackberry screen. Now that we have viewed it on a bigger screen you can really see all the detail. Valerie did an awesome job.

Mike & Karen

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 1:04 pm   Permalink

GREAT JOB!
wow...

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 1:27 pm   Permalink

I wanna move in!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 1:36 pm   Permalink

Nice work! And think, if you ever end up in the "dog house" it's a pretty swank place to be.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 2:04 pm   Permalink

I want one

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-19 8:06 pm   Permalink

How neat is that?! Milana's got some cool folks!

-Andy
http://tikijoesocean.com

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-23 06:42 am   Permalink

Love it! Anything cool inside to show pics of?

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-23 10:04 pm   Permalink

WOW!!! That is fabulous...your wife is quite a talent. I'm lucky if I can file my nails evenly. What a great accomplishment. Would love to see the inside...wink wink.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-24 10:30 am   Permalink

That is really great and she did it all by herself, wow! it looks great and another cool addition to the yard.

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big B

Posted: 2009-08-24 6:20 pm   Permalink

This is awesome ... ive got to build my boy one of these !!!!

View Profile of Big B Send a personal message to Big B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation