Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food El Dorado High Strength Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
El Dorado High Strength Rum
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-15 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-25 10:25, snackbar wrote:
I don't know how it tastes n comparison with Lemon Hart 151, because sadly enough you can't buy that anywhere in Europe.

I managed to get several bottles of Lemon Hart Demerara 151 from a webshop in Germany a couple of years ago. I just checked their website but unfortunately they don't list it anymore.

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-05 8:51 pm   Permalink

curious if anyone has updates on ED overproof rum (clear), as it has shown up for first time in my local ABC...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-05 9:13 pm   Permalink

I like it and think it is definitely worth buying. As far white 151 proof rums go I've only had El Dorado High Strength and Bacardi 151 but I've had many 80 proof whites. It has a mildly grassy aroma and an organic semi sweet flavor, totally unlike Bacardi 151 which has a harsh flavor and is not suitable for sipping. El Dorado on the other hand is a bit of a sipper. Tastes like a fine silver rum and goes down easy, once you learn how to avoid the burn! It is great for those occasions when you want to float a high proof spirit without significantly changing the flavor of the underlying drink, but be careful as you can easily over do it because it goes down so easy in a mixed drink.

[ This Message was edited by: TropicDrinkBoy 2013-09-05 23:37 ]

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation