FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Thank You Otto, Babydoe and all for TO-09!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Thank You Otto, Babydoe and all for TO-09!!
Don Brewski
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-16 6:21 pm   Permalink

The Huntington Cads (Chris Barfield, Steve Hill, Josh Agle, Jeff Utterback) want to thank Otto, Babydoe and their great, giving, tireless cast and crew of volunteers! Also huge thanks to Jim Giddings and Bob the sound guy and the stage crew for making our reunion show and our weekend a wonderful experience!

Can we come back? lol! Please?

MAHALO!!

Don Brewski (Jeff Utterback)

It would be cool for other Ohana to post thanks here also...

[ This Message was edited by: Don Brewski 2009-08-16 18:56 ]

View Profile of Don Brewski Send a personal message to Don Brewski  Goto the website of Don Brewski     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 8:09 pm   Permalink

Hear, hear!!!! Thanks Otto & Babydoe! I am whipped. I need sleeeeeeppp. My feet hurt. It was great!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-16 9:12 pm   Permalink

Here Hear !

This Oasis was A-MAZ-ING !!! The Cads kicked major ass, and I lost my voice screaming at the show.

Don Brewski, awesome drum beatdown in the Cads set. I'll post pics soon.

Thanx Otto and Baby Doe for another amazing Oasis !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 9:20 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to Otto and Babydoe for putting on an excellent event. It was well organized, well run, and super-fun. It must be a lot of work to put an event like this together.

It was great to be among so many like-mind people that are enthusiastic about Polynesian Pop.

I think most agree that The Huntington Cads were FANTASTIC! It would be great to see them back next year. (I hope they play together sooner than that).

Other musical highlights for me were Thee Swank Bastards and The Phantom Surfers.

I thought Heather Watt's velvet paintings were wonderful to see in person.

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 9:22 pm   Permalink

Dear Otto and Baby Doe,
I honestly thought this was the best Oasis ever! Rebecca says so too. Thank you for making us so happy! Sorry you didn't get a Ginger Bimbo. I'll mail you one!
Wersmo Derinc (AKA, Dave)

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-16 9:48 pm   Permalink

Again, great job. I made some money, had some fun, saw some boobs, ate some food, drank some rum, did some carving, hung with old friends, walked around in my underwear with my chainsaw, and had a genuinely great time. I think I may do it again next year, too. And Otto, thanks for bringing KP this year. Haven't seen him in six feakin' years!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 12:14 am   Permalink

Oh yes, another fabulous Tiki Oasis (am still here at the Crowne with Patrick, Heather and Mike.) No complaints (though I missed all the Saturday party and drama action having passed out at 9:30 pm from sheer exhaustion.) Looking forward to T/O 10!

www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwinginTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-17 08:16 am   Permalink

Huge MAHALOS to Otto, Babydoe and all of the staff and volunteers who made it work so well! We all had a great time.
Already looking forward to next year.

[ This Message was edited by: SwinginTiki 2009-08-17 14:16 ]

View Profile of SwinginTiki Send a personal message to SwinginTiki  Email SwinginTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGeeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 12:41 pm   Permalink

This was my first year being able to go and it was absolutely insane. Such a great time! Thank you so much for putting this together. My only regret was that the weekend seemed too short.

Honoring my gods one sip at a time.

View Profile of TikiGeeki Send a personal message to TikiGeeki  Goto the website of TikiGeeki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 1:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Otto & Babydoe, it was one of the most enjoyable Oasis for me, great band choices for the most part, with Huntignton Cads, Phantom Surfers and Meshuggah beach Party as my personal highlights from the big stage performance.
Also, Tikiyaki at the pajama party sounded awsome.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 1:25 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz plenty Baby Doe and Otto!! The expanded Artist Alley was a huge success and the entire event was really well thought out and user-friendly! Here's to next year!!!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 1:46 pm   Permalink

Ditto! Many, many mahalos for another excellent event.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 2:12 pm   Permalink

I had a great time at my virgin Oasis! Vending is hard work but I sold enough to pay for my trip, met some wonderful new lifelong friends, had a blast with some of my existing buds, learned a lot about drinking and room crawling (kind of the hard way, I'm afraid!), got great feedback on my products and got home again safe and sound! What more could you want? Thanks Otto and Baby Doe for all the work you do to make Tiki Oasis a fantastic getaway for us Tiki Freaks!

Kiki von Tiki stuff on etsy.com!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jetson
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-17 3:39 pm   Permalink

It was my first ever Tiki Oasis. It was something I'd been wanting to do for the last two years, and I'm a little saddened that I didn't know about it when it was in Palm Springs, but nonetheless, it was awesome! I had a blast, shopping, watching all the cool bands, and doing my first ever room crawls. It was an experience That I'll hold onto for many years. So thanks so much to Otto and Baby Doe. And thanks to all the new friends I made that made my experience unforgetable and willing to help the new guy around!

View Profile of Jetson Send a personal message to Jetson  Email Jetson Goto the website of Jetson     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hulahoney
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-17 3:59 pm   Permalink

I want to add my thanks to Otto, Baby Doe, and all the other fantastic Tiki peeps I met over this weekend! This Oasis has blown the others out of the water and I can't wait to see what goodies you all have in store for us next year!

After being introduced to so many giants in the Tiki community this weekend I feel like this was my 'debut'... I guess I'd better step it up and start posting on TC instead of being a quiet observer like I have for the past 5 years. Look my post count is already growing! Yay!

View Profile of hulahoney Send a personal message to hulahoney      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation