[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Mystery Arizona Don the Beachcomber Sign
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mystery Arizona Don the Beachcomber Sign
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 11:51 am   Permalink

Tikipedia,

Thanks for the updated photos of the sign. It is really a shame that the sign is sitting in someones front yard in the middle of nowhere withering away. Hopefully you or your friend can go back when the owner is more respondent and make and offer he can't refuse.

This is a great piece of Tiki history that must be saved.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-28 9:08 pm   Permalink

Tikipedia-

Great pics - thanks for posting those. Sounds like your friend's conversation was unfortunately short and unproductive... shoot. I wonder if the owners know what they have(?) Sad for them and for us that they were not in the negotiating mood.

Like DC said, someone needs to go back after some time has passed... and plunk down a wad of cash to convince them to sell.

Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FrankieGillette
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-08-28 11:11 pm   Permalink

Someone suggested that a "Don The Beachcomber" fan may have made this replica. Look at the age of the sign, I hate to tell you but grown as- adults back in the day didn't go prancing around making replicas of DTBC signs. It wasn't that big of a deal. Those places were just there. If you got loaded or laid so be it. Of course it's an original. Big advice, I know some 1% bikers in Arizona who often have a bunch of stuff in the front of their house, I would be careful where I go knocking in the AZ.

View Profile of FrankieGillette Send a personal message to FrankieGillette      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTech
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-14 2:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-28 23:11, FrankieGillette wrote:
... Big advice, I know some 1% bikers in Arizona who often have a bunch of stuff in the front of their house, I would be careful where I go knocking in the AZ.

Indeed.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the friend of Tikipedia who made the journey to look at this sign. In retrospect, I was probably a little too enthusiastic about opening a closed gate and knocking on doors. Tread lightly in this area of AZ.

View Profile of TikiTech Send a personal message to TikiTech      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation